: My Next Mod: Yellow Fogs

gdc5
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
So I will be ordering a set of clear fogs from Ebay AtomicStreet. I will also get the OEM switch, yellow lamin-x, and yellow bulbs.

I'm planning to get Acura to install it but my question is, will they be smart enough to figure out how to make the US switch harness work with our CDN RSX as there are differences with the DRL, heated seats/mirrors etc. StreetLiquid has the DIY but will Acura know how to do somthing similar and not fuck up my DRL and heated stuff?

jserman
09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
just do it yourself its not hard...... I would be suprised if Acura will install aftermarket lights...

geoff925
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
DIY...you'd get charged alot by Acura if they do it.

Malicious
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Hahaha @ dealership installing fogs

Can't even imagine what that will cost

gdc5
09-10-2007, 08:46 PM
im not much of a diy person, i tend to mess shit up n i hate myself for it so id rather just pay and have peace of mind.

woodbine gave me quote of 140 back in winter. igarage quoted me 90 but ivan said he hasnt done it for an rsx before.

and about the ebay lights, atomic street is similar to oem so i was told that as long as they are the same they should be able to do it.

jserman
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
it is serisouly so easy all you really do is run the harness through your car.... thats about it.. 90 bucks to install sounds cheap... might be worth it I guess

White-S
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
There is one significant wiring difference between the US and Canadian RSX. The connector coming out behind the center consolde is a 1 pin connector on US car but 2 pins on Canadian. The switch harness has a 1 pin connector. Therefore, I smashed the connector on the harness with a hammer and plug the copper wire direcly into one of the slot on the two pin connector, and tape it up. No other way to do it. You'll also need to be very creative in finding place to ground the harness near the switch, as the ground wire is not long enough to reach any bolts.

The dealer probably quoted you the price to installed the fogs with standard Canadian RSX harness that comes with OEM fogs. You might end up paying more when they find out the harness is something they have never seen before. AND that's assuming they are willing to install non-OEM REPLICA fogs...

If you take it to Ivan and he needed more time then anticipated bacause he haven't done it before, you might be charged more. I would suggested try installing it yourself. I mean...the lights only costs about $80 and you are willing to pay more for installation alone??

Also, yellow lamin-x and yellow bulb, you just need to pick ONE to have yellow fog lights. You don't need both.

I just installed mine recenly. If you want to install it yourself, I can answer any question that you'll have. I think the Ion fogs looks better then yellow fogs and still give you very yellowish output. Check out the pics of my car here
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=509891

Reframe
09-10-2007, 10:56 PM
^ good tips!

gdc5
09-11-2007, 05:58 PM
There is one significant wiring difference between the US and Canadian RSX. The connector coming out behind the center consolde is a 1 pin connector on US car but 2 pins on Canadian. The switch harness has a 1 pin connector. Therefore, I smashed the connector on the harness with a hammer and plug the copper wire direcly into one of the slot on the two pin connector, and tape it up. No other way to do it. You'll also need to be very creative in finding place to ground the harness near the switch, as the ground wire is not long enough to reach any bolts.

The dealer probably quoted you the price to installed the fogs with standard Canadian RSX harness that comes with OEM fogs. You might end up paying more when they find out the harness is something they have never seen before. AND that's assuming they are willing to install non-OEM REPLICA fogs...

If you take it to Ivan and he needed more time then anticipated bacause he haven't done it before, you might be charged more. I would suggested try installing it yourself. I mean...the lights only costs about $80 and you are willing to pay more for installation alone??

Also, yellow lamin-x and yellow bulb, you just need to pick ONE to have yellow fog lights. You don't need both.

I just installed mine recenly. If you want to install it yourself, I can answer any question that you'll have. I think the Ion fogs looks better then yellow fogs and still give you very yellowish output. Check out the pics of my car here

i saw pics with fogs n jus lamin x with no yellow bulb...
it still lights up like stock amberish with some yellow but not like a saturated yellow which im looking for

im bad with diy and thats why for people like me, id rather have someone do it. ill prolly head to igarage n get it installed there as acura might take on the job, waste a couple hours then come back n tell me the harness is not right. i can just picture it.

Rev4Ever
09-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I heard lamin x melts cause of the heat on the dc-5 fog lights.

trini2debone
09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
why don't you just purchase the yellow tinted replica fogs? those are on the way to my house as we speak

gdc5
09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
cause atomicstreet dsnt sell yellow tinted replicas

PRESENCE
09-13-2007, 03:31 PM
I have laminix, on with yellow bulbs and im ok.. its been quite a while. Some people are painting the inside of their fogs also. Just an option.

gdc5
09-13-2007, 05:45 PM
yeah krylon stained glass paint... ill see how it goes

trini2debone
09-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I think the Ion fogs looks better then yellow fogs and still give you very yellowish output. Check out the pics of my car here

I actually bought some fogs off ebay and i thought they were yellow. Got em yesterday and they look like yours (ion) -- the look kinda grew on me and i like em:thumbsup:

I want to paint my fog light housing before i throw them on tho - so im just preping for that

StreetLiquid
09-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Its really not too hard, start it on a weekend and don't rush. The first install I did, took me about 9 hours. All thought the install was in January. lol The 2nd time it only took me 2-3 hours. The hardest part is cutting the bumping, but to be honest even if you don't cut it perfectly, the plastic hosting covers it. As for the harness, follow my guide to swap the wires, and as White-s said, the two pin connector its just a matter of removing the housing and colour matching the wire.

If you have any issues, you can always just post, clubrsx members are pretty good walking people through the install processes.

gdc5
09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
lol if u know what ur doing, maybe u can offer us ur services instead :thumbsup:

trini2debone
09-15-2007, 09:13 PM
is there any proper DIY on CRSX for installing fogs since i'll probably be tackling this soon? Did a quick search but couldn't find a good thread

2010 admin
09-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Save that money and do them yourself. Yellow Lamin-X + PIAA Ion Yellow 2,500K bulbs.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/erikloza/RSXfullview.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/erikloza/EriksRSXatHondastatemeet.jpg

gdc5
09-15-2007, 09:25 PM
i suck at diy unfortunately n am a perfectionist soo id rather just pay someone who knows what theyre doing or at the very least have better knowledge n mechanical skills than i do

n yeah that looks good erik loza, thats my plan too
any pics of them at night and lighted?

gdc5
09-15-2007, 09:27 PM
hey trini, which ebay seller did u get it from n can u confirm if u got the right switch n harnesses

StreetLiquid
09-15-2007, 09:58 PM
lol if u know what ur doing, maybe u can offer us ur services instead :thumbsup:

I would be glad to give a hand, however I do not have much free time these days.

BTW Eric those fogs looks really good, where did you pick up the Yellow Lamin-X, I know someone from Canada East picked up a bunch awhile ago, but I didn't see the thread till he had already purchases it.

Dat525hpNigra
11-23-2007, 04:47 PM
y do u get white fogs with lamin x? y didnt u just buy the yellow ones from ebay so that u wont have to worry bout them gettin burnt by the bulbs? .. this has always bin on my mind with fog threads

Tomy
11-24-2007, 11:01 PM
where and hwo much did u get the lamin-x for?

gdc5
11-24-2007, 11:10 PM
cause atomicstreet dint have yellow fogs for sale before now they do and no need for lamin-x anymore

Tomy
11-24-2007, 11:14 PM
cause atomicstreet dint have yellow fogs for sale before now they do and no need for lamin-x anymore

o.. damn. =(

spaghettog
01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
y do u get white fogs with lamin x? y didnt u just buy the yellow ones from ebay so that u wont have to worry bout them gettin burnt by the bulbs? .. this has always bin on my mind with fog threads

the lamin-x will also help to protect the fog light lens from cracking so it's smart to have lamin-x cover the lens.

Daywick
09-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Yellow fogs are cool! I had them on my RSX

kenz
09-30-2009, 12:36 PM
i agree i had them on my rsx too

cbro
09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
you bought the delorean from back to the future eh

deanob
09-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Yellow fogs are cool! I had them on my RSX