: fuckin perscription meds (rant)

OziD
09-13-2007, 02:33 AM
so i found a bottle of SOMA's I had from after my accident in April. It was for my back spasms or pain or something. I took 4 of them (and then two later on, so six.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carisoprodol

If you head down to the side effects. There are only two. I exhibited both of them. After taking four, I remember reading an email from my dad and he said something about spraying the weeds. Sweet. I get up to do that, but instead of standing up i slid out of my chair. "Oh thats weird, everything is different than i remember it..."

After figuring out how to walk again, I walked outside and sprayed the weeds. This took like an hour (normally takes 10 minutes.) I must have looked like a complete idiot.

I come back in, apparently study for a while (I looked at a study guide I had laying out just a few minutes ago... and and I finished 12 sections... thats supposed to take me 4 days, I was finished in another HOUR.). The problem with that is, I don't remember a thing about what I studied. I did review some questions and I got them ALL right. So I think I am going to just breeze over that before the test and it should all come back to me.

I added to my list of great ideas (I always add to that while I'm fucked up), too.

Anyways, for some reason I felt I wasn't fucked up enough... So I took two more. Next thing I remember, it's 9PM (this started at 1PM, btw. I was awake all of three hours, maybe). I walk out in the living room, everythings normal. I ask my mom what was for dinner and she said she tried to wake me up. I was supposed to do all this shit between 3 and 9 and I fell asleep harder than I ever have before. The good news? I feel rejuvenated and wide awake. The bad news? It's 12:30 and I need to sleep because I have school tomorrow.

I realize I'm not bitching a whole lot... I think I'm a fiend. I'm addicted to pain killers. Fucking Morphine screwed me.

Cliffs:
Took a lot of somas and potentially made an ass of myself to my neighbors.
Took a 6 hour nap in the middle of the day.
Came up with some sweet ideas and studied my ass off, learned nothing.

rsxmacktypeS
09-13-2007, 02:51 AM
haha thats pretty fucked up man.... prescription drugs scare me, but not illegal ones :laughing: . dont get hooked on that shit man... weird ass day tho I bet..

Aoladari
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Why on earth would you start out taking 4???

Jesus, unless you're Jabba the Fucking Hutt, you don't need that much for a decent or good buzz.

OziD
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Why on earth would you start out taking 4???

Jesus, unless you're Jabba the Fucking Hutt, you don't need that much for a decent or good buzz.

in the past, 2 just wasn't enough.

i dunno. I'm not really that big of a guy. but for some reason I always have to do more for it to be sweet.

When I tried K, I had to do like a quarter of a vile before it was fun.

amkmike
09-13-2007, 12:24 PM
drink a beer and goto sleep

OziD
09-13-2007, 12:28 PM
drink a beer and goto sleep

i had already been to sleep/woke up.

but if i'm ever in that predicament again, will do.

ClioASMDC5
09-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Sigh...well that makes me feel great...

I work as a Pharmacy Tech. for Walgreens, and yeah, I've really seen people OD (on purpose though) on things like Vicodin, Oxycodone, Valium and that sort of thing.

If you've also abused Morphine, then I would seriously find help; being as thats one of the strongest controled drugs one can get their hands on in a community or hospital pharmacy...

rsxmacktypeS
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
^^ My gf will be a pharmasict, she's in her 2nd year, and already has a bio chem degree, and man ya I hear alot of that.... Oxy was hhuuggee here for awhile.. and still is, Always see people gettin there methadone.. crazy stuff man, no joke prescription drugs scare the shit out of me... like I would never even do ridalin.. or however you spell it.. but gimme a line of blow, sure, not heroin or anything crazy, but I do not fuck with and never will prescription drugs..

coreect me if im wrong, but more people die per year from perscription drugs than illegal drugs? Sounds crazy, but im pretty sure its true, I'll search it to find out

rsxmacktypeS
09-13-2007, 09:30 PM
From drugwarfacts.com tried to link in the pic, but didnt work so i copied and pasted..

Tobacco........................................... ................435,000
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity..................... 365,000
Alcohol........................................... ................... 85,000
Microbial Agents............................................ ..... 75,000
Toxic Agents .................................................. .....55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes....................................... 26,347
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs........... 32,000
Suicide .................................................. ............. 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms.............................. 29,000
Homicide.......................................... ................... 20,308
Sexual Behaviors......................................... ........ 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect ..................17,000,
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin... 7,600
Marijuana ...........0

ClioASMDC5
09-13-2007, 09:34 PM
coreect me if im wrong, but more people die per year from perscription drugs than illegal drugs? Sounds crazy, but im pretty sure its true, I'll search it to find out

That, I do not know for a fact. But with all new findings with drug interactions with all these new drugs on the market, people really need to become aware of what there taking and how it affects them.

I myself, am 18 and have been a tech for almost two years. Very scary situations I've seen people get themselves into with Rx Drugs...

rsxmacktypeS
09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
That, I do not know for a fact. But with all new findings with drug interactions with all these new drugs on the market, people really need to become aware of what there taking and how it affects them.

I myself, am 18 and have been a tech for almost two years. Very scary situations I've seen people get themselves into with Rx Drugs...

Ya no doubt, crazy interactions, alot of it is very addictive.. its crazy. u goin to apply to school of pharmacy? dunno if the same in teh states or whatever tho..

During a rough time in my life, i was prescibed Anti-Depressants, and I took about 3, and said fuck it, cause Rx drugs literally freak me the fuck out haha. I dont mind poppin 3 advil on a bad ass hangover day tho... other than that I take some anti-hisatmines for allergies, thats it. sometimes im stupid bout it tho, get a chest infection and I wont take the drugs.. should they, they can work wonders for sure as wel, but like ya said gotta really be careful

ClioASMDC5
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I, myself don't like taking OTC meds, let alone any RX drugs. But things like NSAID anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Advil, etc.) is fine for short term use. Tylenol is another one that needs to be used for the shortest time possible. Otherwise, liver damage, all the way up to death could occur. But, drugs like that serve their purpose well and are effective. It's really things for Chronic Pain and ADD or ADHD that people are trying to abuse. Of course, drug interactions can happen with any kinds of medication regardless of classification.

Oh and yeah, I hope to go to school to be a pharmacist one day.