: Sprint

OziD
10-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Damn I was shopping around for a new service provider... I really wanted to get off Sprint. I'm paying a quarter, my sister a quarter, my dad half. But I am basically in charge of what we are doing.

I was shopping around for the best prices and ATT and Verizon were giving me sick deals. 120 a month for 4 phones, 2000 minutes (we don't talk a lot), unlimted mobile to mobile, text.

We were just getting ready to leave sprint (contract is up next week). Sprint finally decides they really want us and drops the hammer. 100 bucks a month, unlimited data, texts, m2m, pictures, videos, and 450 dollars in in-store credit.

Shit.

I mean I'm happy my bills going down. But god dammit Sprint has the worst fucking phones. Their only WM6 device is the MOGUL... which is just a generic PDA phone. Their nicest blackberry doesn't have a camera. or any thing that makes me want to jump up and buy it.

All their clamshells are stupid. I liked the upstage originally, but its too dainty for me.

Verizon has a fleet of new phones coming out.

ATT has nice phones, and there are constantly rumors of new ones.

I'm thinking of just getting a POS until some new ones come out, then upgrade.

mateo
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM
They suck as have always sucked. Next-hell sucks too now.

Thats why I'm no longer w/those ratbastards.

Money and phones is not everything. Respect, and customer service is where it is at!

RavenDee
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
i havent had a problem with sprints CS @ all..and ive been w/ them for like 3 years...

i was actulaly looking at getting the mogul...should i not get it? :(

OziD
10-05-2007, 03:57 PM
They suck as have always sucked. Next-hell sucks too now.

Thats why I'm no longer w/those ratbastards.

Money and phones is not everything. Respect, and customer service is where it is at!

to their credit, i've had good experiences with their customer service for the most part...

so i can't use that against them.

mateo
10-05-2007, 04:00 PM
They suck regardless!!! Customer service is worthless,,, Customer loyalty is priceless!!!

OziD
10-05-2007, 04:00 PM
i havent had a problem with sprints CS @ all..and ive been w/ them for like 3 years...

i was actulaly looking at getting the mogul...should i not get it? :(

it's just a dumb generic pda. i mean theres nothing BAD about it, but it looks the same as the PPC6700 looked, except silver.

there are some new ones coming out, but I can't wait very long because I broke my krzr in half. (screen broke. then I got mad and smashed it on a telephone pole... stupid)

anyways if you can wait a little bit theres these:

http://www.engadget.com/media/2007/09/sprint_q4_roadmap_440.jpg

most should be out by end of the year

OziD
10-05-2007, 04:01 PM
They suck regardless!!! Customer service is worthless,,, Customer loyalty is priceless!!!

whoa. calm down.

mateo
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
whoa. calm down.I'm calm right now. But don't get me started cuz I still have no lunch over here yet. Just speaking facts G.

OziD
10-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm calm right now. But don't get me started cuz I still have no lunch over here yet. Just speaking facts G.

haha. i don't doubt it. i'm just saying i can't use that against them.

good luck with lunch. i'm going to take mine right now

RavenDee
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
it's just a dumb generic pda. i mean theres nothing BAD about it, but it looks the same as the PPC6700 looked, except silver.

there are some new ones coming out, but I can't wait very long because I broke my krzr in half. (screen broke. then I got mad and smashed it on a telephone pole... stupid)

anyways if you can wait a little bit theres these:

http://www.engadget.com/media/2007/09/sprint_q4_roadmap_440.jpg

most should be out by end of the year

yeah..im in no rush..i like the pop out keyboard..ooh...that rumor looks noice!!!

edit: ooh never mind i found them.!! :)

J-Money
10-05-2007, 05:09 PM
cingular, now at&t's service sucks ass. ever since the fucking merger. :firemad: i want to switch to verizon or t-mobile. i hear nothing but good things from them in my area.

OziD
10-05-2007, 05:12 PM
cingular, now at&t's service sucks ass. ever since the fucking merger. :firemad: i want to switch to verizon or t-mobile. i hear nothing but good things from them in my area.

TMO doesn't have edge. Verizon has great service but force their crippled UI on every phone they have that isn't a smart phone.

When we were about to go to Verizon, I was going to get the Q9... or if we held out long enough, the i760... then the Voyager popped up, thats also a good looking phone.

Tmobile has the Sidekick LX and teh Slide coming out. Motorola makes the slide. Sharp the LX. The LX is EDGE Capable but T Mobile doesn't actually have EDGE yet.

but now i'm stuck with sprint.

Joannah
10-05-2007, 05:13 PM

t-mobile ftw =]

gthugdelux
10-05-2007, 10:12 PM
ehhh i've had some problems with sprint... a lot

but recently i was fed up with them, called them and laid everything out.

they were understanding took a bunch of money off of my monthly bill, dropped my text and internet package. and well i got a Q for 50 bucks, brand new, not refurbished.

soooo i made out. their not bad, but complaining about dropped calls will get you another 10 bucks off a month on top

OziD
10-05-2007, 10:37 PM
They offered me a blackberry for 150 bucks tonight. Plus 3 free Razr2's.

I took it.

AznArowana
10-05-2007, 11:05 PM
t-mobile ftw =]

dam right

W1lson
10-06-2007, 01:16 AM
i have a mogul..all the iphone owners are oogling it. lol

its better then you think.

gthugdelux
10-06-2007, 02:44 AM
i have a mogul..all the iphone owners are oogling it. lol

its better then you think.

really!? i got offered 150 for one by sprint... i was so pissed with them at the time i just kept my Q.

and for the tmobile people

sorry...

t mobile plans and phones... possibly ftw...

service... FTMFL

W1lson
10-06-2007, 05:36 PM
really!? i got offered 150 for one by sprint... i was so pissed with them at the time i just kept my Q.

and for the tmobile people

sorry...

t mobile plans and phones... possibly ftw...

service... FTMFL

:rotfl: seriously, i think my boss almost fired me because he picked up a iPhone a few weeks before i got my Mogul. after i showed him what my phone could do (run my own installed applications which apple doesnt let you do which sucks, surf the web at much faster speeds then him due to sprints EV network owning t-mobiles edge, getting notified of emails on the go anywhere etc) he told me he regretted getting an iphone :rotfl: also looked a bit pissed

at $150 its a steal..its a damn good phone I paid 300 for mine..i would jump ship ASAP and pick one of those babies up!

btw, the mogul has TONS of registry tweaks you can mess around with to turn it into a even better super phone. let me know if you decide to get one, ill help you out! :laughing:

then again i never used the Q before, it looks like a pretty nice friggin phone..it might be better then the mogul or vice versa lol dont take my word for it

oh and one more great thing about the mogul..

free tethering. i hook it up to my laptop and use it as a broadband modem via usb everywhere i go where there isnt a wireless router around and get about 1.5 mbps speeds with no additional charge :laughing:

/end being sprint sales person