Going Blue to Green [Archive] - Club RSX Message Board

: Going Blue to Green

Shipwr3K
10-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I am about to cross to the Army in couple weeks, I have been in the AF for 2 years and I am an E3. I am just wondering what I may suppose to expect on this 4 weeks training to transition for the Army, thats if anyone has done before or know anything about it. Also to the Army folks, how are the barracks or the living conditions, and do you like serving in the Army?

Thanks and I will appreciate any input. :thumbsup:

Fanatik
10-14-2007, 10:12 PM
yeh a guy in my shop in 2005 went blue to green he was moron as well. but he wanted to kill people.

you wil lgo thru a modified Basic trianing and then on to hell or in ur case iraq

there is no fuckin way on gods green earth id take 84750892745 steps backward and join the army

good luck though

Sskhimura
10-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey don't listen to these people. The army does wonders for us, as well as the Navy. A lot of Airmen are helping out the army taking over their jobs as well. About 6k of them, through out the total force. Regardless of the branch you join, we all commit our lives to it. The people expect self sacrifice from us, if it ever came down to it. Personally, I'd sayin the Air Force is the best. I'm a big fan of Air Power and Air Superiority, just like Billy Mitchell. Regardless, yu'll be working with Airmen, Sailors, Marienes, whatever...were a combined military doing joint operations all the time. The army isn't so bad as people make it out to seem. The attrition rate is nothing compared to that of the Korean War or the Vietnam War, or so many other wars in the past! And, in the end, we all commit our lives. No matter what, you're still serving this country. And thats what counts!

But I am curious as to why you want to join the Army, what do you not have in the Air Force that you want in the Army? Integerity, Service, Excellence, It's all there in the Air Force...

Shipwr3K
10-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey don't listen to these people. The army does wonders for us, as well as the Navy. A lot of Airmen are helping out the army taking over their jobs as well. About 6k of them, through out the total force. Regardless of the branch you join, we all commit our lives to it. The people expect self sacrifice from us, if it ever came down to it. Personally, I'd sayin the Air Force is the best. I'm a big fan of Air Power and Air Superiority, just like Billy Mitchell. Regardless, yu'll be working with Airmen, Sailors, Marienes, whatever...were a combined military doing joint operations all the time. The army isn't so bad as people make it out to seem. The attrition rate is nothing compared to that of the Korean War or the Vietnam War, or so many other wars in the past! And, in the end, we all commit our lives. No matter what, you're still serving this country. And thats what counts!

But I am curious as to why you want to join the Army, what do you not have in the Air Force that you want in the Army? Integerity, Service, Excellence, It's all there in the Air Force...

Thanks for your reply.

blackandred
10-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Also to the Army folks, how are the barracks or the living conditions, and do you like serving in the Army?

:rotfl: LOL
It's so fucking bad.

belialtheunholy
10-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Ahhhh.... the barracks. Let's say that the barracks are either your best friend or your worst enemy. If you don't mind community latrines/laundry facilities and kitchens, people partying every weekend and being loud drunken fools (waking you up at all hours of the night), and even in some cases sharing a room then the barracks are your buddy!

I enjoy my privacy, I hate all the assholes I'm surrounded by in the barracks and I love to sleep, so the barracks are my enemy.

I bought a Euro-spec CRX off an airmen that was stationed in Ramstein. I went to pick it up and I had to find his APARTMENT that he was sharing with another airmen. They had their own bathroom, and their own laundry facilities. I even knew some air force dudes that were TDY to somewhere in Germany (on an army post) and the army was paying them to stay on their post because our barracks are SUBSTANDARD LIVING compared to the quality of living the air force has.

The dumbasses in the barracks like to leave their clothes in the washers. They either sit in there until they dry (because they're off partying somewhere, so laundry takes the back burner), or you have to do their laundry for them in order to wash your own clothes. They don't mind stealing your clothes either... I've had underware stolen! And they'll throw your shit on the floor or put it on top of the dryers if you happen to interfere with them drying their clothes (even if your clothes are still wet).

They don't like to clean, either. Unless there's a real high-speed barracks NCO that has a duty roster, the community kitchens become health hazards.

I don't understand why you'd want to leave the air force to come to the army, that's like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Fanatik
10-22-2007, 05:38 AM
here at osan, the army has CQ at thier dorms. they have to be in thier dorm room by mid night and they are treated like children more then we are

no cq, own room, no on base curfew ftw

all military have to be on installation by 1 am but at 1 am we go to the clubs on base

army has to go to thier dorm room because all the dumb fucks like to fight and cant act like adults

any branch of service > army

but the bonus's are nice

evildocrsx
10-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Advancement is faster than any branch.

The transitioning course is to teach you how to properly wear the uniform, how to use a weapon, and rank structure. I was going to go from the Navy to the Army but they are too undiciplined (not all of them.) I have seen really good units but some are just crap.

After you spend a year in Iraq, come back for 6 months, go back for another year, your'e going to be wishing you had kept that non-deployable job in the AF.

Good luck tho.

Sskhimura
10-22-2007, 05:15 PM
You know, what the people are saying about the Air Force giving you the best qulaity of life, that is the truth! You wont find the same quality, but if you're in the service for the right reasons, it doens't matter. You're still serving your country and there's no greater feeling than that to me! Personally, if I were you I would stay in the Air Force, but do what makes you happy. You can switch your job in the Air Force. Also, I don't get where you're saying your job isn't deployable. EVERY job is deployable. But some are more than others, if you want some kick ass shooting action etc...go be a PJ. Their way more hardcore than your Army Rangers, hands down. They'll give the Seals a run for their money as well...

Fanatik
10-22-2007, 10:15 PM
15 month deployments ftl btw

swedersx
11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
You know, what the people are saying about the Air Force giving you the best qulaity of life, that is the truth! You wont find the same quality, but if you're in the service for the right reasons, it doens't matter. You're still serving your country and there's no greater feeling than that to me! Personally, if I were you I would stay in the Air Force, but do what makes you happy. You can switch your job in the Air Force. Also, I don't get where you're saying your job isn't deployable. EVERY job is deployable. But some are more than others, if you want some kick ass shooting action etc...go be a PJ. Their way more hardcore than your Army Rangers, hands down. They'll give the Seals a run for their money as well...

I call :bsflag:

eatenbyjello
11-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Advancement is faster than any branch.

The transitioning course is to teach you how to properly wear the uniform, how to use a weapon, and rank structure. I was going to go from the Navy to the Army but they are too undiciplined (not all of them.) I have seen really good units but some are just crap.

After you spend a year in Iraq, come back for 6 months, go back for another year, your'e going to be wishing you had kept that non-deployable job in the AF.

Good luck tho.

hahahahah its true, dont forget that when your back for 6 months youll be in the field every two weeks :beerchug: :stop: