: Where to purchase axxis ultimates locally?

IMC
12-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a local (preferably Mississauga or Scarborough) place to buy axxis ultimates..

unless you guys have any other suggestions for new brake pads.

I'm looking at the axxis or the hawk hps right now.. I heard the axxis performs better though. I don't really mind dust, but I don't want any noise..

also, if anybody knows where I can get OEM or aspec rotors for cheap, please PM me. How much does the dealership charge anyway?

thanks!

zaius
12-30-2007, 09:36 PM
www.tires23.com

edit: they have hawks, not sure if they have axxis. they have EBC also.

jcnacbar
12-31-2007, 07:03 AM
I highly recommend Ferodo DS2500, I've tried all three and they are my favourite. Any more aggressive and you're getting into track only pad territory. They require a bit of heat to work at full potential, but I've been driving on the street so far this winter with no issues.

If you don't want that much pad and just want a good street only pad then I'd say go for the Hawk HPS. The Ultimates have terrible feel IMO and the performance isn't much beyond the hawks, if at all.

IMC
12-31-2007, 11:37 AM
^ really? Hmm.. I don't track at all...pads are just for daily driving. I'm looking for something with no noise lol...

do the DS2500 make alot of noise until its warmed up?
So they bite harder than the axxis and the hawks?

thanks!

btw, where did u buy the DS2500??

jcnacbar
12-31-2007, 12:25 PM
if your not going to the track at all then just go hawk hps :thumbsup: they are perfect, good cold bite, last a long time and can handle a fair amount of heat

IMC
12-31-2007, 12:57 PM
^^ awesome, thanks man. Do they make alot of noise compared to the axxis and ferodos?

I guess getting axxis or ferodos would be overkill for a daily driver?

not your Type
12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
I highly recommend Ferodo DS2500, I've tried all three and they are my favourite. Any more aggressive and you're getting into track only pad territory. They require a bit of heat to work at full potential, but I've been driving on the street so far this winter with no issues.

If you don't want that much pad and just want a good street only pad then I'd say go for the Hawk HPS. The Ultimates have terrible feel IMO and the performance isn't much beyond the hawks, if at all.
:iamwiths:

I've used all 3 of these pads as well. Don't believe the hype on the Ultimates. The Ferodo's are great, but a bit tricky to find. I had to order online from the US. Carbotech Bobcats were also an excellent pad, very similar to the DS2500's. However, as suggested Hawk HPS are your best bang for the buck - great price, good availability and a good all-round improvement over stock.

not your Type
12-31-2007, 01:06 PM
^^ awesome, thanks man. Do they make alot of noise compared to the axxis and ferodos?

No, but the same set of pads on different cars can have different results. They're a street pad... pretty good on noise, dust and wear.

I guess getting axxis or ferodos would be overkill for a daily driver?
No, but it's just not needed. And forget Axxis pads... they have the feel of a concrete boob.

IMC
12-31-2007, 01:19 PM
^ awesome, thanks man.

I'm gonna go to tires23 today to check it out..

Just called JRP, they said they don't carry hawks. They said they're closing right now too.. I guess cause its new years..

edit: Just called tires23... they're closed till the 7th.. damn I start school on the 7th lol. Want to get these replaced before i go back to school...

I called part source too but they're like 115 for fronts and 80 for the rears..plus they're special order.. jeeeez

ArcticS
03-19-2008, 09:07 AM
any suggestions other than tires23 for brakes? I'm looking at powerslot rotors with hawk hps street pads. tires23 quoted me $660 taxes in, which doesn't seem bad, but I just want to compare.

IMC
03-19-2008, 09:22 AM
i ended up getting hawk hps pads at igarage...you can give them a call and get a quote from them.

ArcticS
03-20-2008, 07:25 AM
thanks. Igarage quoted me $670.

cobra7
07-14-2009, 11:02 PM
sorry to bring back an old thread, where I can find the Ferodo DS2500 (somewhere close lol), I've search online for a bit and it seems like they don't even make it for DC5 (both front and rear), or are there other ones compatible?

(been using axxis ult, good pad but dust as advertised, wanna try something else)

jcnacbar
07-15-2009, 06:45 AM
Got mine from raceshopper.com don't know anywhere local.

deanob
07-15-2009, 08:07 AM

Yup for the DS2500 street isnt bad at all. Great track pad. They just wear down a lot quicker then your average pad on the street.