: My Baby was stolen!!!

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 07:08 AM
In the rare case that any of you may see my car and be able to recognize it and report it, I thought I would let everyone know that my car was stolen this morning right off my driveway. I was getting ready to go to school when i realized it was missing. Black type S lowered! has type S written on the back seat windows, yellow fogs and blue HIDs.

RSXED24
01-15-2008, 07:09 AM
In the rare case that any of you may see my car and be able to recognize it and report it, I thought I would let everyone know that my car was stolen this morning right off my driveway. I was getting ready to go to school when i realized it was missing. Black type S lowered! has type S written on the back seat windows, yellow fogs and blue HIDs.

that sucks dude

jcnacbar
01-15-2008, 07:09 AM
jesus, sorry to hear bro

hc_snoopy
01-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Yikes!! :(

type_flar
01-15-2008, 07:31 AM
damn, sorry to hear

jusBlaze
01-15-2008, 07:33 AM
oh shit......did u have an alarm besides the stock alarm?

dbro
01-15-2008, 07:37 AM
shittay...

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 07:47 AM
thanks guys. It sucks even more cuz you put so much hard work into customizing your own car, and then some asshole steals it, rips it apart, and sells the parts for a couple grand.

hamudi
01-15-2008, 08:20 AM
sorry to hear that

CB7
01-15-2008, 08:34 AM
ouch sorry to hear dude! :(

i feel ya man!

my accord was stolen years ago.. managed to recover it a few weeks later... so theres always hope

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 08:36 AM
anybody know if I will get full value from my insurence company? Anybody make a claim before? Is it a hassel to deal with the insurence compnay?

CB7
01-15-2008, 08:39 AM
anybody know if I will get full value from my insurence company? Anybody make a claim before? Is it a hassel to deal with the insurence compnay?

it all depends on your insurance company.. but some insurance companies can be either really cheap, or be very generous.. what insurance company are you with?

bbgobie
01-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Did you leave it on your driveway warming up with the key inside??

Probably taken for a joy ride.

CB7
01-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Did you leave it on your driveway warming up with the key inside??

Probably taken for a joy ride.

people seriously still do that these days? thats just crazy insane!

s23kDC5
01-15-2008, 08:54 AM
shit man that sucks.....hope u get it bak! GL

r_touch21
01-15-2008, 08:56 AM
sorry to hear man i know wat your going through...my type-s was stolen too about a year and a half ago. About the insurance I got a fairly nice return but not full value thats for sure.

armansiu
01-15-2008, 09:28 AM
sorry to hear that...
hmm....Mississauga seems to be a dangerous spot for our car....
how many have been stolen so far? :(

good luck, buddy

IMC
01-15-2008, 09:28 AM
That sucks man... you're in mississauga too...
did you have an alarm?? Got any pictures of your car?
I'll keep a lookout for sure..

Engine9
01-15-2008, 09:51 AM
where in mississauga are you?

was the alarm on? pics of ur car?

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Yea it sucks. I do have the factory immobilizer but nothing aftermarket...which I regret. I live in sauga in the woodlands area, my neighbourhood is relatively safe and I haven't heard of any neighbours having the cars stolen before. I park it in the same spot on my driveway every night and I have a feeling somebody had been eyeing it for a while. it had snowed last night but there were no tire tracks leaving my driveway and no indication of a tow truck. REally odd, even the police officer was stumped. there was a square of driveway visible, surrounded by snow, but no tire tracks or any indication that the car was moved (a few slight foot prints around the car though)

I'll try to upload some pics but it doesn't seem to be working...

Miss my baby though, so much work put into the car to keep it clean and well maintained and someone just steals it.

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 10:26 AM
My photo's are too large so it's difficult to upload

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 10:29 AM
here is #2. club rsx wont allow me to upload any more attachments

IMC
01-15-2008, 10:36 AM
^^ It was a nice car man, sorry for your loss, i'll keep a lookout for sure.

Damn, woodland area you say? I'm near there all the time :noes::noes:

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
^^ It was a nice car man, sorry for your loss, i'll keep a lookout for sure.

Damn, woodland area you say? I'm near there all the time :noes::noes:

thanks, still in shock

ANACC2NV
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM

Depends on your policy, i had my GSR stolen in 2002 and because the car was less than 2 years old i got full value for it and it was pretty easy dealing with the insurance. you should get a good chunk back but you will loose the mods value i believe unless you have receipts

Nickcrsx
01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Another one down....jesus

Dude, talk to MitchtheBoss.....He lives in mississauga and had his Black 03 type s stolen right out of his driveway. It doesnt look good for you. They found his in a parkinglot stripped down with nothing left. Insurance had to cover the entire writeoff. Do yourself a favor and start looking for something new. Call around, visit some local shops.....ect...be as proactive as possible.

MitchTheBoss
01-15-2008, 10:58 AM
if you need to know anything man just pm me...
i had my black type s stolen from my driveway in october in mississauga...
same scenario woke up looked out and it was gone from my driveway they found it dumped near square one with no engine, transmission, ecu, shift box.
I had 175,000km on it and insurance gave me $18k which i was more then pleased with!
They wrote the car off because when they pulled the engine they cut all the wiring and piping so it would cost too much to repair...
its so upsetting cause i put everything into that car i do all my own work and i really really loved it... this is my second car that has been stolen from me...

MitchTheBoss
01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=522425

jusBlaze
01-15-2008, 11:19 AM
did u have an alarm installed?

jusBlaze
01-15-2008, 11:20 AM
where in mississauga are you?

was the alarm on? pics of ur car?

engine9 has it...weird how all of a sudden ur car is gone..n then a new member shows up:eek:....jk :rotfl::shady:

Engine9
01-15-2008, 11:25 AM
engine9 has it...weird how all of a sudden ur car is gone..n then a new member shows up:eek:....jk :rotfl::shady:

hehe why would i need 2?i already gots a silver type-s

this is making me paranoid gonna kick my parents out of their garage

jusBlaze
01-15-2008, 11:26 AM
hehe why would i need 2?i already gots a silver type-s

this is making me paranoid gonna kick my parents out of their garage

u shud man...get a good alarm too...i have a an indash wit a garmin gps in it..i wonder if my car gets stolen..if cops wil be able to track it:confused:

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
invest in an alarm with a gps system, I heard they can trasfer the info right to ur cell isntantly

jusBlaze
01-15-2008, 11:32 AM
invest in an alarm with a gps system, I heard they can trasfer the info right to ur cell isntantly

i already got a compustar 2w8000fmr....hopefully my gps wud be able to track it if my car gets stolen *knock on wood* :pray:

jusBlaze

did u have an alarm?

marcster
sorry to hear :(

looks like they are coming for the blacks

RSXED24
01-15-2008, 11:47 AM

:iptf::iptf:

bibiboo
01-15-2008, 12:02 PM
if you need to know anything man just pm me...
i had my black type s stolen from my driveway in october in mississauga...
same scenario woke up looked out and it was gone from my driveway they found it dumped near square one with no engine, transmission, ecu, shift box.
I had 175,000km on it and insurance gave me $18k which i was more then pleased with!
They wrote the car off because when they pulled the engine they cut all the wiring and piping so it would cost too much to repair...
its so upsetting cause i put everything into that car i do all my own work and i really really loved it... this is my second car that has been stolen from me...

hows your new z?

BRAISKI
01-15-2008, 12:08 PM

Sorry to hear that dude!

I doubt you will get a full value esp with your mods and plus esp when your insurance doesnt know about it and or doesnt support mods

robbyC
01-15-2008, 12:44 PM
wow, these theives are still jackin cars in the winter too ah... :mad:
pretty pathetic, i hope u get fully covered by ur insurance man.. u prolly dont want ur car back even if they find it...
by the way, wut type of alarm did u have, if any ..
thanks a ton
robbyc

TypeS Racer
01-15-2008, 12:48 PM
just stock immobilizer! pretty useless obviously.

I would invest in a compustar if i could do it over

wow, these theives are still jackin cars in the winter too ah... :mad:
pretty pathetic, i hope u get fully covered by ur insurance man.. u prolly dont want ur car back even if they find it...
by the way, wut type of alarm did u have, if any ..
thanks a ton
robbyc

Nickcrsx
01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
just stock immobilizer! pretty useless obviously.

I would invest in a compustar if i could do it over

Compustar at level 10. If someone closes a door next to my car i get a level 1 warning......if the wind blows hard enough, all hell break out..

MitchTheBoss
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
dind't get the z...

nosmokingexit
01-15-2008, 02:46 PM
I joined the "sans RSX" club in mid summer. Was stolen right out of my driveway in Milton. My dad had said he noticed an unfamiliar middle aged guy in a white, unmarked cube van parked behind my car that day. I bet he was the one. I think they scope you out for a few weeks to get to know your schedual.

As far as insurance (ING Direct) they asked me for a list of aftermarket items I had on my car. But the price you paid on your parts dont mater. The insurance company has a set list for every part. I could have had a cheap exhaust for $300 or what I actually had the Tanbe cat back $700 it was only worth $150 to them.

So I got market value of my car plus the total of what they thought my aftermarket parts were worth. Funny though they didnt ask for any reciepts for proof?

Engine9
01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
do those metal clubs on the steering wheel do anything?

ex_h22ek
01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
depends how they steal your car, if they tow it away it wont do anything they will just power saw it off, if they break into your car and try steal it, they will still get the car, maybe just slow them down for a good minute or two.

Im curious as to how they got your car, you said no tire marks from a tow truck, how about tire marks for your car leaving?! Insanse what people do these days to get a stolen car, pathetic.

s23kDC5
01-15-2008, 05:20 PM

:noes::pray:dont take mine

s23kDC5
01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Compustar at level 10. If someone closes a door next to my car i get a level 1 warning......if the wind blows hard enough, all hell break out..

damn that must be annoying!!

SHOGUN DC5
01-15-2008, 05:27 PM
my heart goes out to you for your loss bro.
i'm in 'sauga all the time, ill watch for it too.
that's why i guard mine with a gun!!! no fuckin' around, if i hear the alarm, somebody is getting shot at!!! punks..they're probably putting in their civic or some other shit box.

Perfectneg
01-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow, really sorry to hear that dude, and thats a damn nice car... sorry to ask you this, but are those 6k or 8k HIDs. About insurance, did you have theft coverage? Which area of Mississauga do you live in?

PS. Does everyone take those pics on the top floor of The Bay parking lot in Square One? Ive seen like 5 pictures of dif ppls cars, I though I was the only one with that genius idea!

Nickcrsx
01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
damn that must be annoying!!

:bow:

[YOYO]
01-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Ouch! Another one from the Sauga.... sorry to hear dude.... el crapo, I gotta put a good alarm with a transponder on this spring :noes:

jusBlaze
01-15-2008, 09:05 PM
depends how they steal your car, if they tow it away it wont do anything they will just power saw it off, if they break into your car and try steal it, they will still get the car, maybe just slow them down for a good minute or two.

Im curious as to how they got your car, you said no tire marks from a tow truck, how about tire marks for your car leaving?! Insanse what people do these days to get a stolen car, pathetic.

well its about money right....thas basically their career...stealing cars..or stealing in general...they can make like 6 - 10 grand in less than 20 mins...they jus sell the parts n its 100% profit

gqbluez
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
I feel your pain man. Last feb I had my 03' ABP Type S stolen from Scarb Town Center. Its surreal when you get back to your car and its not there. I even had to think for a few minutes if I had actually parked it somewhere else lol.

Insurance was more than fair with me... Good thing the RSX seems to retain its value.

The next few steps are a bit annoying but hope you get through it okay. Any thoughts on what your next ride is gonna be?

jusBlaze
01-15-2008, 11:42 PM
hmmm ukno how sum alarms have the starter kill.....can ppl still manage to steal it by overridin the ecu or immoblizer?

Reframe
01-16-2008, 11:25 AM
sorry to hear that...

not your Type
01-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I joined the "sans RSX" club in mid summer. Was stolen right out of my driveway in Milton. My dad had said he noticed an unfamiliar middle aged guy in a white, unmarked cube van parked behind my car that day. I bet he was the one. I think they scope you out for a few weeks to get to know your schedual.

As far as insurance (ING Direct) they asked me for a list of aftermarket items I had on my car. But the price you paid on your parts dont mater. The insurance company has a set list for every part. I could have had a cheap exhaust for $300 or what I actually had the Tanbe cat back $700 it was only worth $150 to them.

So I got market value of my car plus the total of what they thought my aftermarket parts were worth. Funny though they didnt ask for any reciepts for proof?
LOL. I'm in the "sans RSX" club too. It was also stolen in Milton, from my driveway, just over a year ago. I'm in the new part, only been there a year. If you don't mind... exactly where was your stolen?

Insurance settled well with me and to my surprise it wasn't all that much of a hassle. Hopefully everyone else in (or soon to be) the "sans RSX" club will have the same experience. Cars gone now, moved on, over it. However I was bent as fuck for about 2 months after though; I had a lot of time and money in my car.

FYI, the dude(s) who stole my car were from Mississauga. Long story I'm not going to explain but they cops barely cared to follow up and virtually did nothing.

gdc5
01-16-2008, 11:51 AM
LOL. I'm in the "sans RSX" club too. It was also stolen in Milton, from my driveway, just over a year ago. I'm in the new part, only been there a year. If you don't mind... exactly where was your stolen?

Insurance settled well with me and to my surprise it wasn't all that much of a hassle. Hopefully everyone else in (or soon to be) the "sans RSX" club will have the same experience. Cars gone now, moved on, over it. However I was bent as fuck for about 2 months after though; I had a lot of time and money in my car.

FYI, the dude(s) who stole my car were from Mississauga. Long story I'm not going to explain but they cops barely cared to follow up and virtually did nothing.

where in milton did your car get stolen? intersection, road...

danep21
01-16-2008, 11:54 AM
that why i am gonna get Lo-Jack... recovery rate is hella high... and cops can track it... but they dont persue it, they follow it. That way the person that stole the vehicle doesnt try to allude and wreck your car. They usually recover it the same day. Damn good investment if u ask me...

bbgobie
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
that why i am gonna get Lo-Jack... recovery rate is hella high... and cops can track it... but they dont persue it, they follow it. That way the person that stole the vehicle doesnt try to allude and wreck your car. They usually recover it the same day. Damn good investment if u ask me...

Welcome to the CANADA East forums :laughing:

not your Type
01-16-2008, 12:39 PM
where in milton did your car get stolen? intersection, road...
Near Derry & Trudeau.

jusBlaze
01-16-2008, 12:40 PM

whats a Lo-jack?

not your Type
01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
whats a Lo-jack?
It's a cheap Chuck Norris.

danep21
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
lol... woops... Canada Forums heh? Sorry. Lo-Jack is an Anti Theft device that automatically sends out an Alert to Law Enforcement and a GPS signal.... that way they can track the car and know where its at... it is HIGHLY effective, they also make it for laptops and other electronics... they usually find the car before it even gets parted out or anything ... :thumbsup:

danep21
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
It's a cheap Chuck Norris.

HAHAHAH Pretty Much! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

jusBlaze
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM
how much do they go for? and where can u get one?

not your Type
01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
HAHAHAH Pretty Much! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris"

I've been laughing at that for weeks.

Reframe
01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
:shady:

TypeS Racer
01-17-2008, 07:21 AM
hahahahha. I thought it was a genius idea to take pics on top of the parking at the bay...obviously not. they were 6k HIDs, but the picture doesn't do justice to the lights, specially the fogs.

Wow, really sorry to hear that dude, and thats a damn nice car... sorry to ask you this, but are those 6k or 8k HIDs. About insurance, did you have theft coverage? Which area of Mississauga do you live in?

PS. Does everyone take those pics on the top floor of The Bay parking lot in Square One? Ive seen like 5 pictures of dif ppls cars, I though I was the only one with that genius idea!

TypeS Racer
01-17-2008, 07:29 AM
is it a good idea to claim my coilovers and other mods or will the insurance company say that because I hadn't claimed it earlier in my policy, they wont cover it. And i know for collision coverage, if you tell them you had coilovers, they wont cover collision cuz the 'dynamics' of the car are changed? any tips or info? Should be hearing from the insurance company today or tmrw! Thanks guys.

jcnacbar
01-17-2008, 07:34 AM
^ I wouldn't risk it unless you had serious cash invested, not worth it for just a basic set of coilovers IMO

Engine9
01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
is there some kind of motion sensor u can install?

so like if somebody opens the door, or sits on the seat an alarm will ring in my house. This will be activated when the car is locked.. I usually park my car so that I can see it out my window

how much does lo-jack cost?

jcnacbar
01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
^ lol yeah thats pretty much all aftermarket alarms, if my car is bumped at all it beeps me, if a door/hood is opened it goes bonkers

nosmokingexit
01-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Im located in the new area in milton right beside the new plaza with the HomeDepo and Movie theater. Stolen off Carlton rd beside Fitzgerald park.

The cop I delt with was suprised to hear my car was stolen: said "havn't had a car stolen from this area in a long time"

:rolleyes:

Since have bought a new car and definetly keep a good eye on it.

s23kDC5
01-17-2008, 11:05 AM
any new news on the car?

TypeS Racer
01-17-2008, 11:13 AM
any new news on the car?

No news yet! insurence should be contacting me today or tmrw. Any suggestions for my next car. I can't really think right now, I still want my baby back!! She was sooo sexy! but I'm thinking of maybe buying an old civic and then getting a 2006cbr600RR - only abou $9Gs now, then pick up a civic for 5Gs.

Any other suggestions? 330ci? i'm guessing I will only get $15G back, $17G if i'm lucky?

s23kDC5
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
s2000? but its gonna be more then 15K-17K

mik63161
01-17-2008, 12:17 PM
your car looks familiar...do you go to york and park at arboretum? if so your ride was clean man, sorry to hear

bibiboo
01-17-2008, 12:18 PM
i hope this day never comes for me

not your Type
01-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Im located in the new area in milton right beside the new plaza with the HomeDepo and Movie theater. Stolen off Carlton rd beside Fitzgerald park.

The cop I delt with was suprised to hear my car was stolen: said "havn't had a car stolen from this area in a long time"

:rolleyes:

Since have bought a new car and definetly keep a good eye on it.
Milton cops :rolleyes:

A few days after mine was stolen a TL was stolen from the Montana's parking lot while the person(s) were inside eating.

TypeS Racer
01-17-2008, 09:35 PM
your car looks familiar...do you go to york and park at arboretum? if so your ride was clean man, sorry to hear

yes, i use to park there, not anymore...:( sadly :(

flipmix
01-18-2008, 01:39 AM
sorry to hear about ur car dude.... getting kinda scared now... i used to think our car where hard to get stolen... to top it off i live in a building... so im always looking out my window but ye wow
is sauga really a bad area??? i go to square one once in a while and seems like a calm drive there...
better then jane and finch area :S

MitchTheBoss
01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
still no news eh?

tricky
01-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Really sorry to hear - the type-s is a hot car. Since you're looking for a new car...EVO X?

trippsta
01-18-2008, 09:32 PM
it snowed and no tire tracks? shit the UFO got yo car...
now imma sleep with one eye open and draw a fake eye on my other eye lid.. with a loaded super soak next to me
Jk man sorry for your lost