: Place To Lower My Rsx

saleem
01-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Hey guys looking for a garage to lower my car in the etobicoke/mississauga region. Since there are garages that charge an arm and a leg i am looking for one that is reasonably priced and does a good job at the same time. Any recommend any places???

bibiboo
01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
i'm gonna say it before anyone does
igarage..
make the trip!

saleem
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
do u know how much they charge???

jcnacbar
01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
any shop can do it, whether its springs or full coils... super easy... I'd be more concerened if they can align it well afterwards :)

CB7
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
take it to iGarage!

whitedaze
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
This is where I always go...

B-Line Mechanics
1829 Britannia Rd. East Unit 4, Mississauga, Ontario
905-696-9576

Tomy
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
igarage is the place to go..

to be honest, he does it for a lot of rsx.. so his price must be good!

im gonna go during spring for my install too :)

cool
01-24-2008, 03:12 PM
igarage is the place to go..

to be honest, he does it for a lot of rsx.. so his price must be good!

im gonna go during spring for my install too :)

The problem is its quite far for someone from Mississauga. Anyshop can do the installation. The only concern should be the alignment shop.

bibiboo
01-24-2008, 03:17 PM
as long as u double check your alighnment sheet after and make sure all the numbers are right, i dont c how an alignment could be done wrong

if the numbers are wrong, tell them to do it again

CB7
01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
The problem is its quite far for someone from Mississauga. Anyshop can do the installation. The only concern should be the alignment shop.

its worth it for me!

MORTIS
01-24-2008, 03:24 PM
any shop can do it, whether its springs or full coils... super easy... I'd be more concerened if they can align it well afterwards :)

Any shop should know how to do it but they can still do a sloppy job, such as inconsistent or poorly tightened bolts, not putting anti-seize on those lower rear shock bolts that are often difficult to get off. mangling the interior shock tower covers or messing up the interior when they climb in. etc.
You should know how creative some of these shop can be at fuking up your car.
The shop job-knowledge is not so hard to find; its the care and attention to detail that is.

Dare I say it... Go to Igarage. I've been there; their service quality is very good.

gdc5
01-24-2008, 03:29 PM
yeah igarage igarage igarage
this has been convered tons of times, for any mechanical work, just call ivan and ask if he can do it for you

btw, if it is a far drive try to batch the work to be done

01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
:ugh:....just do it yourself why pay to get it done

chochobeelai
01-24-2008, 03:36 PM
^ cos hes not as cool as u

saleem
01-24-2008, 03:55 PM
the reason i don't want to bring it to any shop is because they need a spring compressor so i need to go somewhere where they have that machine. I called ivan at igarage and he seems to be well educated about fixing and modding RSX's. I think he's the one i am going to take it to. Worth the drive i think. That's where i will be taking my car

cool
01-24-2008, 07:39 PM
the reason i don't want to bring it to any shop is because they need a spring compressor so i need to go somewhere where they have that machine. I called ivan at igarage and he seems to be well educated about fixing and modding RSX's. I think he's the one i am going to take it to. Worth the drive i think. That's where i will be taking my car

Hahha what kind of shop doesnt have that tool? Mr Lube?

Lucky you didnt let them work on your car.

To me if you want to have the best care for your car, then DIY. Thats what i did. I spent more time working on it but its worth it.

cool
01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
as long as u double check your alighnment sheet after and make sure all the numbers are right, i dont c how an alignment could be done wrong

if the numbers are wrong, tell them to do it again

I dont know if you have coilovers or not, but not many alignment shops can deal with them. I have such experience here in Hamilton. I had to drive to Etobicoke to have it done right. The place is called (Altech). A member here recommend me that shop and i'm very happy. They let you stay right by your car, explain any issues to you.

Malicious
01-25-2008, 06:34 AM

You can buy a set of spring compressors for less than $40... it's not a complicated piece of a equipment.

jcnacbar
01-25-2008, 06:40 AM
I dont know if you have coilovers or not, but not many alignment shops can deal with them. I have such experience here in Hamilton. I had to drive to Etobicoke to have it done right. The place is called (Altech). A member here recommend me that shop and i'm very happy. They let you stay right by your car, explain any issues to you.

altech rocks I get my alignments there :)

gamer123
01-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Well then, how much does igarage charge? Coilovers or just springs? Did you bring in the parts or buy them them? Thanks

renrab
01-26-2008, 08:26 PM

Altech swapped a motor into my last civic and it was done well, with little hassles, reasonable prices, etc...:thumbsup:

I am prob going to take my ride to ivan first of the summer, I am so sick of this clunk, I gotta find out whats wrong (motor mount, strut assembly, or whatever it may be)

I would do it myself but I generally don't have the time.

Also does anyone recommend sending in my tein flex suspension to tein for a tuneup/maint service done on them?

Reframe
01-29-2008, 12:15 AM
wow look at those responses... Igarage. hahahaha