Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

DIY Guide: How to Reset your SRS Light. (Visual Guide)

653K views 739 replies 411 participants last post by  parajarito 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Our cars are known to have problems with the SRS lights, well basically all Honda/Acura because the system sometimes "hiccups" and causes codes to trip the SRS light.

DISCLAIMER: Please do this at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damages that you may cause by doing this SRS DIY reset. If you do not trust yourself, please take the car to Acura Dealership and have them reset it for you, Warranty will normally cover reset FREE of charge. Try this DIY at your own risk.

Note:
If your airbag deployed or seats have been removed or anything that may have triggered the SRS, this DIY will not work for you. All you will get is two flashes or more and the light will remain on.

Tools Material Needed:
  • Standard Paperclip (or wire)
  • Maybe a flashlight (night job)

Time:
- 1 to 5 minutes

Difficulty:
out of

See less See more
#425 ·
You guys are my heroes :) I had tripped the light last summer screwing with my amp and the light came on. Took a few tries but I finally got it.

#433 ·
i dont know if this has been discussed before but i recently had SRS light being on issues and tried resetting the DTC myself to no avail. i wanted to bring it to the dealer, but at 96,000miles on my odometer, i doubt they wouldve done it for free.

so i just put up with the light on for a year or so, until finally i saw this..

http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478199

i remember reading various members here on crsx stating the dealer tried to charge them for diagnostics, repair/replacements of OPDS units, etc..i brought my car to the dealer the other day and stated i was aware of the SRS Warranty extension and was taken care of right away...now, i dont know what some dealerships are thinking trying to charge for something that should be covered..

LONG STORY SHORT..

GO TO YOUR DEALERSHIP if you are having SRS ISSUES!! I did, and i paid absolutely nothing..free coffee and donuts while i waited too..

someone chime in and tell me why they arent getting covered by the stealerships?!?

#434 ·
Alright well I just had to do this and it worked like a charm, but I thought I would try and help out. What I did was just got a toggle switch I had laying around and put two pieces of wire on it. Whenever I needed to "pull the wire/paper clip out" I just flipped the switch. Worked like a charm for me. Hope this helps
-Thanks

#435 ·
dayum so i did a black interior swap, before i touched aannyy srs i took off the negative battery and waited 30 minutes(i know i didnt have to wait that long, but just being cautious). my srs and i see that you said if you removed seats it wont work, so will my srs stay on because of this.

btw, i have not tried to do the reset yet, but just wanted a heads up to see if its just going to stay on

#436 ·
I had no SRS light prior to just switching out my front leathers for another set from an 06. I tried this trick and I get two flashes then after 2-3 seconds, the SRS light comes back on.

Should I swap all the plugs from my 03 leathers onto the 06 leathers? Would that even help? They're the same exact plugs. I just don't know what else to do.

#439 ·
#440 ·
my car has never been in an accident, i have never changed my seats or steerwheel. My airbags have never deployed, but my srs light came on while i was driving a few days ago. I tried this and it worked great! Now there is no light.
But doesnt this avoid the problem that what if there is somthing wrong with your srs system? If there is somthing wrong with it, will the light came back on sometime?

#447 ·
hey, every body, i am knew to this web site and i have found some prety good info.
now... i, too, have the the same problem with my srs light. afew months ago i was in a fender bender and the sit belt got stuck. i tried resetting the light but it won't work. i wanted to removed the bulb from the back of the cluster ( the light is really getting in my nerves) but i realized that it does not have bulbs, it has led lights, and they are welded. do you guys think that if i unweld just that led light, would it affect the circuit as a whole (meaning the whole cluster)?. or will just the srs light be turned off?

money is kind of tight right now... and i don't want to spend much money.

any coments will be greatly apreciated!!!!!!!