Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
390K views 1K replies 596 participants last post by  Jason_Urquhart 
#1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering, what type of shift knob are you using, or which kind would u like to be using?

The reason for me asking this is because i am buying a B&M SS, and i dont want the stock shift knob anymore, so i want to upgrade. I have heard the heavier the knob the better? is this true?, also which shift knob shape do you guys perfer? thank u advance

#1,438 ·
NEW IDEA
For da star wars/unique people....
I want to make a legit lightsaber hilt that screws down onto the shifter, but one that is able to start up with activation sound and if possible, make swinging sounds when moved for shifts. Then there'll be a few medium LEDs on top to show the saber blade color OR have the lightsaber butt side up, then plasti-dip the shifter rod in a glow in the dark blue or green (blue really because noone WANTS to be only a padawan...).

This will be have a switch/button on the hilt that can turn the sound/power on/off on command.

So yeah, research for this is being done....

#1,441 ·
Yes! These were part of the inspiration for the idea, except I want it much lower than those, because those are ungodly tall. I am trying to figure out a way to design a mid-level threaded/mounted hilt that threads towards almost where the activator button on that one would be... my other issue is that I have a revo short shift which has a slight bend in it, but I would either work with that in the design, or I may buy a JTC short shift since they have a straight shifter arm design

#1,443 ·
I saw a shift knob with Jeremy Clarkson's classic smug face on it SOMEWHERE on Instagram. I have spent countless minutes (hours? days?!) looking for this particular shift knob. I've Googled, Amazoned and Ebayed...been to custom shift knob websites. I can't find it ANYWHERE!

Anyone know where I can buy it? Please?!

#1,456 ·
Need some help

So I have the stainless steel shift knob that was given to me and was wondering if anyone knew if there were any other pieces I may need to attach it, fairly new to this as well as being new to these forums so any help would be greatly appreciated, part # for the shift knob I have is 54102-S6M-R00, so I need any other bolts or adapter to put this on my 2006 type s? Thanks again for any help

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.