Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection

84K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  nats007 
#1 ·
New chat gents... Post up!

Leaving BWI to MCO :weeeeeeeeee:

#984 ·
Just Curious if anyone here is running the Merc 2.25" aftercooler on a CT kit? I just upgraded from a 1.25" aftercooler and having a lot of issue with clearance under the hood. I have the hood latch set for the highest adjustment and the hood still hits the map sensor/relocation block and my KTuned throttle body bracket. I just ordered the Karcepts TB bracket with has less of a angle and moving the map and adaptor block out of the TB. Just very strange since I have ever heard of any one having this issue...

#985 ·
Just Curious if anyone here is running the Merc 2.25" aftercooler on a CT kit? I just upgraded from a 1.25" aftercooler and having a lot of issue with clearance under the hood. I have the hood latch set for the highest adjustment and the hood still hits the map sensor/relocation block and my KTuned throttle body bracket. I just ordered the Karcepts TB bracket with has less of a angle and moving the map and adaptor block out of the TB. Just very strange since I have ever heard of any one having this issue...
When I installed VitViper’s Stage 2 aftercooler I had clearance issues with the hood, and the radiator reservoir. Making spacers made from playdough (soft clay), i determined where and how much clearance i needed between the hood and blower hardware. Only required removing a small area of the hood’s structural sheet metal and it didn’t affect the overall strength of the hood. For the radiator reservoir i used a heat gun to slightly modify its shape to clear the bypass valve. Overall everything looks like it came from the factory - so far no one has noticed the modifications.

#988 ·
Ya I just plugged the TB map hole and zipped tied the map and relocation block to the brake booster line. While it's not as clean as I would like, it works.

#991 ·
I know this has been covered several times with the older generation aftercoolers but what are the typical IATs with the newer 2.25" aftercoolers these days. Just cruising (no boost) I am seeing roughly 30 degrees over ambient (70 degree day IAT 110). Seems a little high to me... just looking for some data from others.

#993 ·
Sorry, I don't have an A/C, but the numbers don't seem off imho. I've read many OGs still had temp issues with the M62 even with the A/C, so they added W/M for more cooling or jumped to twinscrew.

Snow has melted and it's starting to warm up. I’m starting to get the itch to breakout my RSX from storage and get my much needed fix of the supercharger whine!
Do it! Took mine out today and it felt great hearing the whine

#997 ·
Hey Guys,

Finally finished tuning my car at IMW over the weekend and figured I would share the results. Decided on a more conservative tune (8,200 rev limit) since its my daily and didn't want to push my luck. Ended up with 335 on 93 and 351 w/ meth.

Set up:
Ported blower/manifold & ceramic coated rotor pack
6.37 CP, 2.90 BP, Merc inlet, aftercooler & tensioner
3.5" intake, 74mm TB, Invidia header/Q300 & 1000cc injectors
14 GPH nozzle on KTuner

#1,001 ·
Just finished setting up my traction control in KTuner. Makes all the difference in the world. Best part, it was free! Still debating if I am going to set up BBG as well. See how the car drives when the weather warms up a bit.

#1,003 ·
Anyone running BBG?

#1,005 ·
No Sir
Anyone done a boost leak test with their setup? Plenty of info online about boost leak testing a turbo, but I'd like to find out how the process is different with a S/C...
Datalogging is the recommended way (I believe).

#1,004 ·
Anyone done a boost leak test with their setup? Plenty of info online about boost leak testing a turbo, but I'd like to find out how the process is different with a S/C...

#1,007 ·
Just did mine at 150K. As long as your motor is healthy you will be fine. Is you compression consistent across all cylinders?

#1,008 ·
^ concur with burton5251. Just need a healthy motor!

It's been forever since I logged on this site from a laptop. I'm seeing some updated signatures and really appreciate seeing the S/C setups on display :fyea:

Took the RSX for a work trip up from Orlando to Jacksonville earlier this week. Got to open it up on the highway a bit, but coming back this morning, it was too cold lol... I don't have a thermostat, so the ECTs were pegged at 137* for 90% of the return trip. No :vtec:

#1,009 ·
Planning on setting up BBG this weekend, hopefully it will help traction in 1st that the traction control didn't completely eliminate. I'll let you all know how it goes. Should be a pretty simple installation.

#1,017 ·
Hope the BBG went well, I'm running it on mine. Have 1st limited to around 7psi but it still spins depending on the weather (Pilot SS do not like anything under 70 degrees).

#1,010 ·
This week I just updated my 2017 GTI with a downpipe and a stage ll tune. It's interesting to compare how my RSX and the GTI (both with 2 liter engines) go about generating about the same amount of horsepower. The RSX is raw with its vtec/high rpm, and the GTI with its midrange torque are neck to neck at the end of the road. Both are pretty quick.

#1,011 ·
Did you go with Cobb? The GTI is a torque monster... At times, I miss the high revs of the K20, but I would never give up the K24! Once I felt the torque difference, I was in disbelief. It transformed my RSX in my honest opinion into a better daily driver.

I was a huge VW fan back in the days, just never owned one. My all time favorite VW is the 2000 GTI VR6.

#1,012 ·
My son with his K04 MK6 and I favor towards APR’s hardware and tunes. The VR6 engine is a neat engine. My youngest son almost bought a GTI with one but after looking closer I found some hidden body rust that was about to poke its ugly head out and we passed. One thing I will say is the RSX and both GTIs are fun to drive when competing against most muscle cars. The face expression on the other drivers is priceless when the underdog pulls ahead.

#1,015 ·
Bummer! I know how that feels. A friend did that to mine a few years back, except it was the quarter panel! Way more work to fix that. Don't let it get you down!

#1,016 ·
Thanks... Minor damage. I had to pull the fender to prevent the inner lining from rubbing the tire while driving. Most likely purchase a new fender when I'm ready to get resprayed.

Sad day yesterday... My wife reversed her MDX and hit the passenger side fender of my RSX in the driveway. Haven't even had the time to assess the damage <a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/facepalm4.gif" border="0" alt="" title="FacePalm" ></a>
Bummer! I know how that feels. A friend did that to mine a few years back, except it was the quarter panel! Way more work to fix that. Don't let it get you down!
For sure... Usually I would flip out, but I saw her face and just let it go. I was more upset that she scratched her bumper on the MDX cause we literally just got it repaired <6 months ago.

#1,019 ·
Sup fellas! What's everyone been up too? Just got back from DC area last night for work and heading up to RI Sunday for a week. Not looking forward to the cold weather.

Been helping my brother with his 8th gen So. He's currently getting tuned by Bit, but didn't pass inspection in ATL. Think we figured it out. Lastly, trying to convince him to S/C lol

#1,020 ·
Ok enough with the cold, wet, and snowy weather in the Chicago area. Just because we had a little dusting of snow this morning is not a good enough excuse for people to forget on how to drive in this kind of weather! Just about every other overpass on the highway had an accident piled up on it - unbelievable.

#1,030 ·
Sup gents,

Was researching fender replacements and stumbled on an A-SPEC rear lip bnib from a dealer. I got excited and purchased off impulse. It's the last piece missing to complete my A-SPEC kit. Received email that it must be special ordered lol.

Either way, I'll get it eventually. Going to have to change to muffler tip as the lip won't fit. Also going to have to figure it a way to protect the lip once installed.

Other than that, raining non stop here in FL. After a trip up to ATL this weekend, going to start looking at maintenance for the RSX. Just dropped ~$1300 on the 110k service of the MDX (timing belt job, spark plugs, new serpentine belt, new pcv assembly, oil + filter change, transmission drain & fill, rear differential drain & fill), but the SUV feels brand new again, so Mrs is happy.

#1,031 ·
Sup gents,

Was researching fender replacements and stumbled on an A-SPEC rear lip bnib from a dealer. I got excited and purchased off impulse. It's the last piece missing to complete my A-SPEC kit. Received email that it must be special ordered lol.

Either way, I'll get it eventually. Going to have to change to muffler tip as the lip won't fit. Also going to have to figure it a way to protect the lip once installed.

Other than that, raining non stop here in FL. After a trip up to ATL this weekend, going to start looking at maintenance for the RSX. Just dropped ~$1300 on the 110k service of the MDX (timing belt job, spark plugs, new serpentine belt, new pcv assembly, oil + filter change, transmission drain & fill, rear differential drain & fill), but the SUV feels brand new again, so Mrs is happy.
Check this out: https://visionautoworks.com/collect...bon-fiber-exhaust-heatshields-acura-rsx-02-06

But it of course does require you to rivet it to the lip. You can try just 3M mounting tape but IDK if that will hold up over time.