Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Stainless exhaust pics

87K views 646 replies 138 participants last post by  orange stunner 
#1 ·
The sound of this car is pure sex.
All 304 ss welded with 316L 1/16" filler at anywhere from 38-55amps.
Backpurged with Argon set-up.
Enjoy...

See less See more
#12 ·
Yes, that's right. I used pure Argon, and the whole exhaust was stainless, correct. I was just saying that I don't want to carry a bunch of different gases. The tri-mix is fine, but I just don't want to have to rent another bottle and pay the premium for mix when argon works for everything just fine.
The new dynasty is able to adjust the puddle as much or more as gas mixes.:thumbsup: Just easier.
I have a 4500psi Argon, a small purge argon tank, and then the c02/argon mig mix for the millermatic.

#22 ·
Got the custom v-band done. Machinist didn't have time to get fancy, had to do most of the shaping myself.
The premise behind the shape is to spread the load and give more surface area of weld in different directions avoiding and easy avenue for cracking/breakage. Of course, it put's more stress on the weld farther back, but doing the exhaust in mostly aluminum should alleviate some stress.
The reason for concern is the thickness of the tubing used to fab the header.
It's .049"(18gauge). It was designed for me by Casey Heerman, and fabbed up by SSR.

This means I can go ahead and build the exhaust for crusing. It will be 3" for a short ways then transition into 2.5" for clearance etc about 1/2 way.

#25 ·
Looking good Chris. That 350 looks much better in person. :)

#27 ·
Updates to come. Customer chose the parts, and it wasn't loud enough.
We are removing 2 resonators and replacing the mufflers with Titanium Bullit mufflers!:thumbsup:
SHould sound pretty wild after it's done!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.