Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

/*** nats007’s 02 NBP DC-5 K24 JRSC build/progress ***/

29K views 125 replies 57 participants last post by  nats007 
#1 · (Edited)
PROGRESSION OF MY DC-5...

Cliff Notes: Purchased 2006, supercharged 2012, k24a2 swapped 2014, meth injected 2016. My car was last dyno tuned at 268whp/213wtq at 5psi at 7600rpm in 2015.

As of 2017, I started to learn how to tune after installing a smaller boost pulley and a prototype mercracing inlet. Based on the pulley swap, new inlet, and introduction of water methanol injection, preliminary results are below:

Est. power is 283whp/230wtq at 9psi with no meth. With meth, est. power is 301whp/231wtq at 9psi. Also note, the second half of the graph plots AFR (bold lines) and IGN (dotted lines).

2018 Update: completed self tuning earlier this year. Estimate power is 304whp/237wtq at 8.5psi with water methanol injection (single port 1000cc/min). Current bay setup as follows:

Page 2 - Documents my K20 JRSC install pics (previous setup)
Page 3 - Documents the K24 swap/install (current setup)

Current Mod list

Performance
* Kpro v3
* 2006 K24A2
* JRSC M62 Eaton blower
* MercRacing protoype inlet
* 3.0 inch boost pulley
* K24A2 crank pulley
* Hasport Intake Adapter
* Hondata IMG
* 4130Fab modified K20A2 oil pump
* Fuel Injector Clinic 775cc injectors
* Custom 3" SRI with Blox air filter + velocity stack
* Maxbore OEM Throttle body
* Acuity Throttle Position Sensor
* AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kit (1000cc nozzle)
* GM 3bar map sensor
* OBD I GSR IAT sensor relocated to blower manifold
* OBX v1 RH + 2.5" Flowmaster HP-2 + 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
* Jmercado auto tensioner bracket
* Gatorback 4060817 belt
* Exedy Organic Stage 1 clutch kit w/ 11lb Competition flywheel
* MFactory Helical LSD
* OEM differential bearings
* Hardrace Motor Mounts
* Mishimoto radiator, Mishimoto slim fan shroud kit, and Mishimoto fan switch
* Power steering delete w/ KTuned EP3 adjustable idler pulley

Aesthetics / Interior
* A-Spec front lip
* A-Spec spoiler
* ITR Sideskirts
* 15% Tint
* Blackout headlights
* Tail Redouts
* CRSX shit knob #23, CRSX adapter, CRSX black suede w/ red stitch boot
* JVC Arsensal KD-A735BT
* Infinity Basslink
* Yellow Depo Fogs
* 4300k HIDs low beam
* Custom Honda valve cover
* EP3 spark plug cover
* OEM Moonroof visor

Wheels/Suspension
* 2004 OEM A-Spec wheels with 235/45r17 BFG Sport Comp 2s
* Set of 17x7.5+45 Sparco Trofeo 5
* Mugen Replica front and rear strut bar
* Tein S-Tech lowering springs
* 22mm Progress Rear Sway w/ Tie Bar
* Ingalls Front and Rear polyurethane camber kit

To be installed - sitting in garage
* MTEC Race shift springs
* EPS

My sleeper (current) http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Please feel free to check out the progress pics throughout. Feedback welcomed. I plan on autocrossing in the near future and the drag strip once it's all sorted out

Historical progression:

Jan 2013 - Tuned by magnEsium
Dyno pull:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXggCg7QCw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Older pics:

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

See less See more
#64 ·
UPDATE: Got tuned back a couple month back. Car made 268whp / 213 wtq on 5 PSI. at 7600rpm.

Backstory: I did not realize that my crank pulley was swapped from the k24a2 (6.125") to the K20a2 (5.80") until the week before my tune. If I had the k24 crank pulley on, I would have made around 7-8 psi with the 3.2" boost pulley and make 290+ whp.

Other than that, the car has been driving great. I was able to source my k24a2 crank pulley back and will install this summer with EPS.

Here is how the car currently sits:

I'm getting my A-Spec front lip, A-Spec rear lip, ITR side skirts, and front bumper resprayed soon and then a proper shoot

#70 ·
No real updates at this time. Just been driving and enjoying it. No issues with fitting the JRSC onto the K24. The only problem I have is hood clearance with the p/s pump. Going EPS is the best solution, but I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.

#73 ·
:fistbump: Thank you and yes, it's been a lot of work, especially with my limited time to work on it.

No new dyno numbers yet. I needed to handle some maintenance work on my beater and just got that running today.

The RSX needs new rotors, brake pads, tires and a radiator upgrade (car gets hot here in FL). Once those are sorted out, I'll swap the crank pulley and get re-tuned.

#77 ·
:fistbump: thanks homie. Several shops can do the swap, but my recommendation would be to talk to them personally. I was about to use a shop, but then I got lucky and met a friend that work at Honda that did the swap for me on the side.

#78 ·
Update: installed k24a2 CP and making 7+ psi. Also installed new tires, 235/45r17s on the A-Specs. Going to install AEM Water Methanol kit and retune over the next month or 2

#82 ·
Thank you Sir :bow: it's been a love/hate relationship, but I wouldn't have it any other way lol.

LSD has helped big time with traction. Prior to installation, I'd break loose and had to ease off to get traction. Not anymore. I haven't experienced much torque steer then again, I haven't beaten on my current setup like I used to with my K20.

#84 ·
Update: k24a2 crank pulley was installed and seeing 7-8psi. Car feel great and I can tell more power is there!

Should have a solid update by end of the month. Work and personal life has been hectic. Some recent acquisitions...

* New brake pads and rotors
* New nozzle kit and support shit for AEM AR3300 installation
* Prototype merc inlet

One of my A-SPEC wheels are bent after buying new BFGs for them. Since the tires are literally a month old, I pulled the trigger on some new wheels coming in a few weeks.

#87 ·
Appreciate it Sir :bow:

Awesome build. I once had a nice aftercooled supercharger kit in my possession but never got the opportunity to run it on the car, I bet it's a blast to drive.

I pieced together a nice little assembly to assist in bleeding the air out of my K24. It's super simple, relatively cheap, and makes bleeding the system a breeze. PM me if you're interested in a parts list.
Much appreciated Sir :bow: Definitely interested in the bleeding setup if you are willing to share :fistbump:

#86 ·
Awesome build. I once had a nice aftercooled supercharger kit in my possession but never got the opportunity to run it on the car, I bet it's a blast to drive.

I pieced together a nice little assembly to assist in bleeding the air out of my K24. It's super simple, relatively cheap, and makes bleeding the system a breeze. PM me if you're interested in a parts list.

#91 · (Edited)
Finally got my imageshack working again, so minor pic update from the past few months

K24a2 crank pulley installed

New tires BFG. Sport Comp2s 235/45r17

AEM Water/Methanol injection kit installed (just received AEM nozzle to run the larger size)

And picked up an "OG" S/C part... Mercracing prototype inlet :run:

Once I finish the inlet install, I'll complete the W/M and retune. Ran into a little issue with one of my A-SPEC wheels being bent, so I got these

That's it for now. New Centric premium rotors should be here Monday to install with new NAPA adaptive one brake pads

#94 ·
Thank you, Sir. I wasn't looking for wheels, so these were an impulse buy lol. These wheel specs match my A-SPEC wheels: 17x7.5 +45

nice man!
Thank you, Sir :fistbump:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.