Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

My RSX-S VS

Tags
rsxs
3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  HRSX 
#1 ·
So i raced a 08 mugen si sounded like he had exhaust beat him by few car lenghts. raced a Cobalt not sure if ss or not, not gonna lie but also beat him by few car lenghts lil fker jumped and i still pulled like he was standing still. Raced few other cars dont remember so far havent lost yet raced some ford dont remeber but was turboed was a fender ahead.
I am headers,exhaust,intake. UNTUNED soon going to be tb,e85,Intake manifold. and few other stuff.

What you guys think will happen if i race a WRX or STI? i like 99% sure ill sure if i race a sti or evo. I like to think im a good driver, beat the shit outa my ep3 practicing shifts.

Will keep upated if race anyone else.

#4 ·
Yeah i/h/e untuned really isnt even in the conversation when talking about an STI (any year), now you might be able to hang with an older WRX, but the 2015+ will leave you. Especially if they have an access port.

#6 ·
It all comes down to driver mod. My good friend has a 05 WRX (my fav version) and we ran from a dig and a roll a few times. He is bone stock, and I had my reflash and CAI.

Dig I was slowly reeling him in if I had a mile of road (which i didn't) I could have taken it. From a roll I was slowly pulling away not anything substantial tho. When we switched drivers,Ii destroyed him from a dig, and from a roll we were pretty even, even with brake boosting.

I think it all comes down to driver and maybe weight with the two. The WRX gearing and AWD screws it over at higher speeds, and the lack of torque screws the RSX over at lower speeds.

This vid they are almost the same at a track but i bet the rsx had a better driver... i wish i knew the mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEERE5LAGaY

#10 ·
It all comes down to driver mod. My good friend has a 05 WRX (my fav version) and we ran from a dig and a roll a few times. He is bone stock, and I had my reflash and CAI.

Dig I was slowly reeling him in if I had a mile of road (which i didn't) I could have taken it. From a roll I was slowly pulling away not anything substantial tho. When we switched drivers,Ii destroyed him from a dig, and from a roll we were pretty even, even with brake boosting.

I think it all comes down to driver and maybe weight with the two. The WRX gearing and AWD screws it over at higher speeds, and the lack of torque screws the RSX over at lower speeds.

This vid they are almost the same at a track but i bet the rsx had a better driver... i wish i knew the mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEERE5LAGaY
my car wieghts 2760 with buncha parts in it not installed i am going to half gut it soon meaning seats out most panels out, spare out.
and see how it performs

#7 ·
yea i pretty much kinda knew a sti would ruin me but it would be fun to run a wrx, remember guys i have seats out my car, with seats weighted 2670 got proof. so weight reduction. plus i ran bettter times with my freinds car at the track than anyone else like 15 people were running it. so id like to think i got somewhat driver mod.

#8 ·
Hard to launch as fast. They have a bigger turbo motor, you win, you outdrove, you loose so what as it wasn't a fair fight. Not sure why people whine when they loose to a faster car. The weight will help you and sounds like you're having fun--so good luck.

#9 ·
nono what i mean is i did better times with same car as my freinds. But i never whine i know for a fact ill lose to a sti dig or roll, i just wanna know how bad if its 3-5 cars lenghts ill be happy if it more ill be upset but ill be okay with it. I am just super intrested how i will do agienst a WRX. yes im having fun win or lose.
And as some one else said ill get walked by Dodge cobalt SS, I must have raced a regular cobalt? or a really bad driver if it wastned a cobalt SS, i wanna see how it will turn out agienst a cobalt SS. sorry if it seemed as if i was cocky lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.