Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

S2000 Show-Off: Cause we have a forum now!

181K views 992 replies 199 participants last post by  White_02 
#1 ·
Oh snap, first post evar?

Bought my 07 couple weeks ago, already have some scratches.:firemad:

See less See more
#945 ·
Header was supposed to be here last Thursday . Then all of a sudden at like 5pm they changed the date to monday, even though the tracking still says it's out for delivery. It better not be lost

#951 ·
Need to dyno to see if there is a change...

#954 · (Edited)
Well guys my results are a pretty much double edged sword. There's good news and bad. The car made a solid 205 whp on their mainline dyno. After the aem and tune the car made a whopping 3 extra whp. Now here's the good news. We lowered vtec to about 4400 rpms and at the midrange to about 6000 rpms I made an extra 11 whp over stock. Then power wise when vtec hits on the stock ecu power is somewhat identical till about 8000 rpms where the stock ecu slowly starts to lose power where my new power band stays more consistent.. By 8500 rpms I'm 10 whp over stock ecu. Here's the graph and then a closer comparison of the numbers by rpms. I gotta give props to my mechanic. He's not a professional tuner and never tuned an s2000 or an aem ecu ever . For him to find some gains is impressive . I might go to evans tuning and see if he can clean this map in the future and get some better gains

#955 ·
Nice...the lowering of vtec is the main advantage of using the ems. Can't recall but what are your boltons? Test pipe and exhaust should give you more than what you had.

When I dynoed my S, I had FIPK II, 70mm Exhaust and 70mm TP and got 215 at the wheels on stock tune.

I don't have the S anymore...sold it to pay for wife's college and that didn't pan out as wife and I are now separated. I did get something to replace it though...

#956 · (Edited)
#958 ·
Yea. The video is hard to tell caus it's only 10 whp at midrange then 10 whp at about 8500 rpms. I'm going to Jeff Evans in august to see if he can get some more out of the setup

#963 ·
^^Nice. Its amazing what a small mod like the shift knob can do for you.

An ECU flash on the S4 opens it up tremendously. I'm at ~310hp and ~290ftlbs to the wheels right now and the flash will put me at ~400hp and ~370ftlbs to the wheels. That's just stage 1 (around $1200). Stage II usually includes a pulley upgrade which increases torque more than anything else...would put me at about ~430hp and ~390ftlbs to the wheels (around $550). I'll also be looking at getting a transmission control unit (TCU) upgrade was well (around $1000) which will increase the rev limit and change the shifting points for smoother delivery on my S-tronic system.

I think I want to keep this car as sleeper as possible so I am thinking about just doing an intake. I might do an exhaust if I can find one that is very conservative looking (which there are a few).

The flash is something I really want to do but I have to worry about warranty issues on that one. Audi is very strict and will flag the car for life for warranty work if they find the flash.

#965 ·
Yeah...parts are pretty expensive for Audis. Most exhausts, even axle backs, will cost about ~$1500 and up. Full catbacks with downpipes get over $2000! Intakes aren't bad though, ranging from $160-$450 depending on options.

Aero parts are also pricey...but I don't plan on doing any of that.

The flashes are pretty good though. 1st stage is about $1200 and second stage is usually free with the pulley upgrade which is $550. The transmission control unit upgrade is $1000.

#976 ·
Hehe. I'm just messing . But in all seriousness u can't go wrong with either . They both offer differences depending on ur taste and driving habits. Just make sure u study up on both before making ur purchase . I to wanted an ap2 because of the look and 2.2 liter. But after digging further the ap1 was what I truly wanted out of my s2k. Good luck!

#978 ·
I know ap2 guys swap out the steering racks for the ap1 version, but im not even sure ill be that hardcore of a racer to do it, who knows. I just need a fun cruising car that I can take the lady out in that I can mod, and autox every now and then. Ap2 hits every mark, except for my boosted requirements. but thats easily remedied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.