Club RSX Message Board - View Single Post - Innovative Mounts, install and review
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
now the easiest way to do the rear is have access to a lift. Support the tranny with a standing floor jack or a floor jack if ur doing this in ur driveway. Remove the bolt that goes thru very carefully using a ratchet and a 17mm socket again has to be small or it will hit the exhaust..Now you can lower the cat but dont have to, its just easier with it off.Now if the bolt doesnt come all the way out pry the cat towards the passenger side enough to wiggle the bolt out.Then remove all 3 bolts that hold the mount in....now you dont really need to lower ur subframe but once again it will give u more room to work. I just wiggled the mount out of there and maneuvered it out. Then put in the new mount...Now this is the tricky part...put the bolt thru the mount first and then bolt it down i bolted the mount first and had a real hard time putting the bolt thru and lining up the holes, i had a 5foot metal bar and another pry bar to pry the exhaust out of the way. Torque the bolts to spec i believe its 43ft lbs for the bottom bolts and 47 for the one that goes thru
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote