Club RSX Message Board - View Single Post - Innovative Mounts, install and review
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
Maintenant je present la revue de Innovative Motor Mounts lol

Alright before people get bent out of shake please read the whole review.

Ok first off installation took about 1hr and 30min with the proper tools and knowledge. The pieces fit like they came from the factory and look absolutly amazing under the hood, people will definitely know that you have a good solid motor. And ill say this again the pieces really are top quality made and are unbelievably solid.

Now i installed the 2 side mounts without a lift because the lift was being used, now the first thing i noticed was how the car gave a good kick when started. Only one word to describe it, felt like a beast.

After i installed the rear mount the vibration at start up was there BUT it wasnt bad at all kinda like starting a race car, and ive done that before. The motor does not move a mm even with my still busted up front mount. Its extremly solid and i dont recommend getting the black or even grey bushings unless u have some serious hp something like 500whp and +....

I let the car warm up inside and the vibration at idle really wasnt what i expected, with everyone saying solid mounts give off more vibration well they vibrate but it doesnt rattle the glove box, now a friend of mine was there to take pics for me as i usually dont let down crsx members lol. He sat in the car and he remembers what it was like with ESMM and he said "this is SOOOOOOOO much better you dont even feel it in the seat or even in your legs"..The way i describe the vibration is at idle its noticeable but not enough to make u hate em. They vibrate a tiny bit more between 800-1100 rpm but who really stays there anyways lol...The only way i can put the vibration is that with the Innovative mounts and a/c on is like the ESMM with absolutly nothing on.

Now before people start going crazy...these things still have wheel hop but guess what? THE ROADS WERE COVERED IN RAIN lol i launched at about 3k and got some wheel hop but nothing major, i used to wheel hop in the dry and my srs and check engine light would flash and my radio stopped working lol....

Now the roads did manage to dry up the closer i got to home and i really go to try em out. Tires were still slightly wet and i launched at about 3k-3500rpm and go absolutly no wheel hop the car just launched and wet, now this is without a proper burnout and my tires being warmed up and there all season. I stopped in the middle of the road where i saw it was dry and flat lol revved to about 4500-5000rpm dropped the clutch and off it went again with no wheel hop.

I absolutly love these mounts and i believe the lifetime warranty wont be needed, they notified me that there working on pics for the front mount and its 95$ shipped so maybe in the future i might get it and i do believe the hop will be completly gone in the wet. Possibly because my front mount is worst then the rear.
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote