Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
390K views 1K replies 596 participants last post by  Jason_Urquhart 
#1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering, what type of shift knob are you using, or which kind would u like to be using?

The reason for me asking this is because i am buying a B&M SS, and i dont want the stock shift knob anymore, so i want to upgrade. I have heard the heavier the knob the better? is this true?, also which shift knob shape do you guys perfer? thank u advance

#952 ·
Skunk 2 Knob for sale

Hey guys,

I have a New Six Speed shift knob for sale, Right out of the box. The place accidentally sent me two so im selling one.

SKUNK 2 this will fit most Honda and Acura cars with 6 speed manual shift.
440 Grams

I live in Pacific Beach, San Diego

$ 40 dollars (bought it for 60)

Let me know
Kevin 951-237-6085

#954 ·
just installed the club rsx knob.. accidently dropped the adapter down the center console and fell behind the e-brake. PIA to get it and PIA to get the shift boot somewhat decent looking. what should have taken a minute took 30 :firemad:

cool knob tho

#956 ·
Just ordered a Blox neo chrome shift knob, just a question about installing it. My shift knob now is installed by the previous owner and it looks like he didn't do it properly because the stock "ring" thing is just dangling and sits on the boots. How do I install the shift knob so it looks like this?
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/serpentdc/Photo0331.jpg

Do I need to zip tie it? But looking from that picture he's using the stock ring to hold it up.

#977 ·
Just did a swap over from stock type s boot and knob to a type r boot and a skunk2 knob.

Before.

After.

I used various DIY's to keep the boot up and it works perfect. There is no retaining nut under the knob and it fits perfect :thumbsup: Aligns great.

OH! Took only like..15-20min (never took apart the center console before :))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.