Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection

84K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  nats007 
#1 ·
New chat gents... Post up!

Leaving BWI to MCO :weeeeeeeeee:

#1,242 ·
Hey everyone. Just checking in. Took my RSX to work today to show it off to some of my coworkers. After a few rides, coworkers were well impressed with the performance output and the sound of the supercharger whine. After all the fun I noticed that the odometer just turned 190K. Even with a 190K miles and 17 years old, the body style of the RSX still draws attention.

#1,244 ·
Nice... Glad to see you let them know the RSX still pulling and looking for attention :fistbump:

I want to do k24 CP and 3 in pulley to reach 11-13 psi. I am getting aftercooler from Jose. Would the injector still be okay with that amount of boost? Do I need to upgrade my fuel pump for that? It's stock ATM.

I had good clearance before, but now I switched to a lower profile mounting bolt and had to grind a bit of it for fully clear it. Also had to replace the stock hose clamp. Highest iat I saw after 3rd gear pull was 135f is that high?
Yes, K24 CP+ 3" BP would require new bigger injectors. I run 775cc and that is the pulley setup I have on my k24. Aftercooler would definitely be recommended...

You can still run stock fuel pump, no issues. I've been running stock fuel pump for years. If your IATs are 135* that's straight, but when you increase the CP and BP, the temps will spike. The aftercooler will definitely help.

I'm not aftercooled. I run a 3" BP + k24 CP on my k24, but I have 1000cc/min alcohol/methanol injection to keep temps in check. I push 8-9 psi at 7600rpm on my K24 and can hit 180* IATs during the summers here in Orlando. When I spray, it gets to 150s* during WOT.

#1,248 ·
This morning I was driving down the interstate in my RSX-S with my youngest son following me in his new Veloster N with the performance package. Next thing I noticed was a black Type R coming up behind us on the inside lane. I will say it was fun to have the new and the old traveling together for a few miles down the road. Well to make a long story short, the Type R doesn't look bad from the the old RSX’s rear view mirror. Side note, both my boys each bought a new Veloster N. They both went with the Veloster N because they felt it was the closest thing overall to the RSX-S for $30k.

#1,249 ·
Nice story! I actually like the baby blue Veloster N. My brother is putting his 8th gen Si back to stock to potentially pick up a CTR.

Been driving my RSX more. Not up to par in looks, but feels great on the road. It's still crazy hot here in Orlando. ECTs climb to 206* F w/ AC and I don't have a tstat. I need to tune up my water meth to keep IATs in check. Been running without it since I reinstalled the MaxBore TB and Acuity TPS.

#1,256 · (Edited)
In other news, I took the RSX out to see what's going on with my water/meth injection. I've was experiencing slight bogs during acceleration, but sorted that out adjusting fuel w/o spray activation.

Today, took the car for a 30 min drive data logging and a couple WOT pulls. So far, car did well. I only recorded 1 knock and I bogged once during spraying. I didn't push the car because I'm hesitant. After driving this thing bucking for a while 3 months back, I don't want to break it lol.

I think I'm running too rich, so going to pull more fuel to see if it resolves the issue.

#1,257 ·
Ugh, something crazy happened... I updated some values in my .Kal and for whatever reason it caused my W/M pump to engage. Not knowing, it was pumping, I tried to start my car and it multiple times and wouldn't start.

I load the old tune and my W/M pump stops. I go to the engine bay now and see water dripping from the intake. I pull the intake and a ton of water comes out... Fuuuuuuuu

#1,259 ·
^ doubt it. I loaded my old tune and everything was fine. Something tweaked in me updating the .kal caused it to activate upon turning key to "on" position. I have since deleted that .kal and loaded my original one.

Problem is damage has been done. Motor seized on Saturday :face:

Extremely bad timing, so car has to sit for a few months before I even start thinking what to do.

#1,267 ·
The other day I invited a coworker from California to visit my house. He’s a car enthusiast who owns a S2K. So I let him drive back to back my modified MK7 GTI, RSX-S, and my son’s 2020 Veloster N with the performance package. Three cars with different personalities on how they generate power. Based on the ear to ear grin on his face, the man was very impressed.

#1,271 ·
It may just take some getting used too... I finally drained the oil from my RSX afterwork. It was late at night and it started raining on me, ugh.

Turns out, I read something saying if water was still in the motor, it could cause rust issues. I haven't drained the oil since the incident, so I started getting nervous. From what I saw, the oil did not look like water was in it. Will confirm in the morning.

#1,272 ·
props to gear x. my factory 6 gear wouldnt fit on the fd countershaft. I called them and proved their specs didnt work with oem. they are giving me a gear x 6th for free. the ratio is horrible for highway like .807 but its free and i just wanna drive my car

#1,273 ·
^ nice! Keep us posted...

Random question... Can the M62 seized up from too much water? I drained the oil in the motor and didn't see any water. I'm wondering if the JRSC rotor can seize up from water.