Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why

327K views 721 replies 251 participants last post by  Cstout 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A while ago, I posted that I was getting some serious static/noise from my JVC KDSH909. The problem was the Bose amp.

I had just hooked it up with the wiring harness and although the sound quality was better, there was noise. I bypassed the amp this weekend by just putting a jumper wire between the correct wires down at the amp's connector. The noise problem has completely gone away. I highly recommend bypassing the Bose amp. :thumbs up:

#690 ·
Check the amplifier gain setting if it set to off you won't get any sound

#703 · (Edited)
On further reading, I see that yes, it does disconnect the sub amp, thus doesn't use the sub.

I also found miztahsparklez's method of bypassing the amp only for the speakers, so you still use it for the sub. BUT...doesn't that result in using already amplified signals (which drive the speakers) as inputs to the front amp, thus amplifying the signal to the sub twice (in HU and rear amp), resulting in too much bass, and potentially damaging the sub?

It seems to me that the right way to do it would be to bypass the front amp, and run a new cable from the preamp sub output on the HU to the rear/sub amp. You'd have to rig up another harness for that. Right?

#706 ·
I am also having issues with the front right speaker (driver's) speaker as no sound is coming from it. Are there any solutions to this as I see a couple people had this problem.

After work I will check the wiring based upon there being two BRN and two LT GRN wires to see if I used to correct ones.

#709 · (Edited)
I hate to beat a dead horse but I'm going to be doing this in a few days and just want to make sure I have the correct procedure:

7 | RED | Audio unit - Right Rear (-)
14 | BLU/YEL | Right Rear Speaker (-)

9 | BLK | Audio unit - Left Rear (-)
13 | BLU/BLK | Left Rear Speaker (-)

15 | PNK | Right Rear Speaker (+)
20 | YEL | Audio Unit - Right Rear (+)

22 | WHT | Audio unit - Left Rear (+)
12 | BLU/ WHT | Left Rear Speaker (+)

21 | ORN | Audio unit - Right Front (+)
2 | GRN/YEL | Passenger's Door Speaker (+), Right weeter (+)

8 | GRN | Audio unit - Right Front (-)
1 | GRY/RED | Passenger's Door Speaker (-), Right tweeter (-)

23 | BLU | Audio unit - Left Front (+)
26 | GRN/BLK | Driver's Door Speaker (+), Left Tweeter (+)

10 | BRN | Audio unit - Left Front (-)
25 | LT GRN | Left Tweeter (-) drivers door speaker (-)

#713 ·
adding to the longest thread ever.... I'm going to attempt to use the integration harness (first) to connect my HU (Alpine UTE-62BT) to everything else stock.

Questions:

1)If that produces noise then why can't I just unplug the RCAs and do the bypass? It looks like the 70-1725 harness just splices the existing speaker wires at the harness level. If i just unplug the RCAs, won't that effectively change the 70-1725 into a 70-1721?

2)If the bypass should need to occur, can I use RCAs on my stock sub to aquire HU control. Could I do this at the line input at the sub in the trunk (lgt-grn/grn-wht). Or would this not be a strong enough signal since it would normally get its signal from the amp?

3)If that method of signal is too weak... could I splice the ends of the RCA outputs from the HU into the chopped wires coming out of the under seat amp input lines (4+ and 4-)? It makes sense to me that this would create the perfect signal strength and give you complete sub control from the HU.

TIA

#718 ·
Yeah that's not gonna do what this thread accomplishes... It works for sure, but you are not going to get the high quality direct sound from your upgraded HU

Sent from my MI MIX using Tapatalk

#719 ·
Any idea why there would be no sound at all? Not just low sound, I mean zero audio coming from the speakers. I wired up my aftermarket head unit last night and turned the key just to make sure it turned on and everything. It did as it should, and I could even hear some very light static through the speakers. Today I did the amp bypass exactly as described in all the instructions, and now I have no sound. Not even static. This is just really strange to me, I was expecting maybe one speaker not to work. But no sound at all has me dumbfounded. Let me know what you guys think, sorry for reviving the longest thread ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.