Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why

327K views 721 replies 251 participants last post by  Cstout 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A while ago, I posted that I was getting some serious static/noise from my JVC KDSH909. The problem was the Bose amp.

I had just hooked it up with the wiring harness and although the sound quality was better, there was noise. I bypassed the amp this weekend by just putting a jumper wire between the correct wires down at the amp's connector. The noise problem has completely gone away. I highly recommend bypassing the Bose amp. :thumbs up:

#77 ·
Ok.. i think i got it
but just have 1 more question i need to ask

i have a type S
I am going to buy a deck. and i already have a external amp for 2 of my subs.

i have taken out the stock BOSE CRAP sub already
so i don't need anything to go to that rear bose crap amp

SO... i will leave those 2 connectors unplugged.. but i will splice those speakers wire.. which is 16 wires.. wut about the front tweeters and wut about everything else(constand power , ground ,etc)? consider that i am going to leave the connector unplug , so are those extra ones not needed?

basically. i just need those speakers wires.. (i am also using the WHT/BLU remote wire where i jumped it from the wires b4 going into the rear tiny bose amp for my alpine amp) wut do i connect that to ? so i dun have to rewire the remote turn on thing after i get my deck.

#80 ·
ya i no, but i think its not really necessary if i have two 10's subwoofer pumping righ! ^^

anywaz. couldsome one help me out on my questions?

#82 ·
[250]Type-S said:
Ok.. i think i got it
but just have 1 more question i need to ask

i have a type S
I am going to buy a deck. and i already have a external amp for 2 of my subs.

i have taken out the stock BOSE CRAP sub already
so i don't need anything to go to that rear bose crap amp

SO... i will leave those 2 connectors unplugged.. but i will splice those speakers wire.. which is 16 wires.. wut about the front tweeters and wut about everything else(constand power , ground ,etc)? consider that i am going to leave the connector unplug , so are those extra ones not needed?

basically. i just need those speakers wires.. (i am also using the WHT/BLU remote wire where i jumped it from the wires b4 going into the rear tiny bose amp for my alpine amp) wut do i connect that to ? so i dun have to rewire the remote turn on thing after i get my deck.

Ok, I'm taking a stab on this:

It sounds like your earlier accessment is correct.

- What you want: New Head Unit, stock speakers in front and rear, and new amp and subs.

- What the wiring will be: New Head Unit plugs into harness (1998+), Harness attaches to existing plug.

Those Plug wires lead to amp under passenger seat. UNPLUG this. Splice the wires for the speakers you still want to keep and run off the head unit. Don't splice the sub link, effectively cutting it out of the loop. The other wires you can ignore. (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong - but it seems like they are redundant at this point since you won't be using the bose amp.)

Now for the new amp/subs. Run an RCA cable from your head unit's Sub-out down and back to your amp (assuming your amp is correctly installed, power line, etc). Connect the amp to your subs. Also, run the WHT/BLUE remote line from your HU to the amp.

Anyone else? I'm still learning all of this, but I think that should do it. :)

#83 ·
OK:) ya thats exactly wut i am going to do
install new deck(YES,with the wiring harness), unplug the bose amp below the seats, spice ONLY the front and rear speaker wire. AND LEAVE EVERYTHING OUT RIGH!.
wut do u mean by cutting out the sub link

#84 ·
I mean, to cut out the sub link at the stock Bose amp - so, just leave it unplugged, and the signal for the sub coming from the harness will end at the bose amp area.

Instead, your signal for the sub will come directly from the head unit via RCA, down to your amp.

In contrast, a lot of us (including myself) will be using the stock bose sub/amp in the back, so we need to continue the sub's signal from the harness, to the bose amp, to the rear amp/sub.

#85 ·
why not just keep the bose sub there? cut off the wires going from the amp that are going to the speakers, then tap them into the wires coming off of the headunit and into the bose amp. thus, your speakers will be powered by the headunit, and you still have the bose sub to work with. and plug the harness back in? i just think it adds to the overall sound.

#87 ·
im not joking.. if you wire up the bose amp the same way i did, it hits pretty hard.

ive done it for 2 other people and they like it.

#89 ·
Just FYI, there IS a "bose adapter harness" avalible that will snap in to bypass the amp!... then i baught my HU the guy told me about it but said it had to be orderd and would not be stocked normally

#91 ·
ni just knwo the guy mentioned it to me and he said he could get um.. i guess i could call him for more info and order um for you guys if you wanted and it turns out good for me (works)

#93 ·
ya i feel the same way, ill call them up and talk to them tomaorw

#95 ·
i think that harness is for connecting an aftermarket headunit to the type s system.

the rca's you see go into the headunit's preouts. and the rest of the wires connect to the wires that dangle from the headunit's rear, (power wires, amp turn on wire, etc) then from there it plugs into the stock harness in the dash.

this alllows you to maintain the low level signal connection between the headunit and the bose amp, so that the bose amp doesnt blow up.

essentially, the harness "integrates" a non stock headunit into the bose system without posing any threats to the bose system.

at first i thought it was to integrate an aftermarket amp into the system. but that doesnt make any sense since all those power wires would be too small to do anything.... but i wonder... if this harness would fit into the harness going into the bose amp.:dontknow:

#96 · (Edited)
So you CANNOT run the Bose woofer with an aftermarket HU without it sounding like crap?? or having static or whatever without splicing all these wires because I'm not doing that. Maybe it's the HU's themselves...I've always had Pioneer HU's and I've never had static that I can remember

I had an aftermarket HU in my 2002 Silverado and it sounded great, huge difference. With this Bose system it seems to be a bitch to get it to sound good with just an aftermarket HU??
I thought that just the Sub was amped?? But ALL of the speakers in the Type S are amped??

#97 ·
I had the bose woofer with an aftermarket HU and didn't have static. I bypassed the bose amp for other reasons

#99 ·
ARNGRIMMR said:
I had the bose woofer with an aftermarket HU and didn't have static. I bypassed the bose amp for other reasons
Everything sounded alright, and you were able to keep the volume up without it being too loud or whatever?

#100 ·
Everything sounded great. My aftermarket sub wouldn't get loud until the volume was on 30-35 (out of 50) and by then the cabin speakers were painfully loud. After I bypassed the bose amp, things were more balanced out

#101 ·
Why did you have to turn it up so much to be able to hear the sub?? Over half way is pretty high before being able to hear it. What kind of HU do you have??

So for some reason hooking up an HU to the stock system would
be different than when I hooked it up in my truck?? Sound wise anyway?? I don't understand why some people are saying it sounds fine and others are saying that it sounds shitty. Is there anyone on here that has there system hooked up without bypassing the bose amp???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.