Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

You should ALWAYS bypass the Bose amp....here's why

327K views 721 replies 251 participants last post by  Cstout 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A while ago, I posted that I was getting some serious static/noise from my JVC KDSH909. The problem was the Bose amp.

I had just hooked it up with the wiring harness and although the sound quality was better, there was noise. I bypassed the amp this weekend by just putting a jumper wire between the correct wires down at the amp's connector. The noise problem has completely gone away. I highly recommend bypassing the Bose amp. :thumbs up:

#102 ·
mine was.. the sub was not in proportion with the speakers and the voulme was peratic (like on 6 it was quite and 8 extreamly loud). there was some static but not bad. now with the AMP bypassed volume is way smoother and the subs sound better. also the static is gone....recomended!

#103 ·
So, basically this HAS to be done or it will sound like shit. Dammit, I wish that it would just work normally like any other fuckin' vehicle I've had....not having to do this and that to make it sound right. I guess i'll just be leaving mine stock because that's just too much of a pain in the ass to do just to change a damn HU!!
Why was the voluime erratic?? I don't understand why it does this.

#104 ·
there are some static noice b/c the signal has being ran by 2 amps... the aftermarket HU and the stock amp under ur lady's seat. I just recently bypassed mine (btw i cut the wires b/c i can't seem to use the spilce connectors correctly. they were lose and i keep losing signals). anywaz, so i just cut the wires and wired the right ones, it will be more trouble when i want to put it back to stock. OH WELL..who give a fxx now!:)
everything is great and runs fine.

#105 ·
If your HU has the option to cut out the bass output to the speakers, would this help with the static everyones talking about?? Does everyone with an aftermarket HU have this same problem or just a few people???

#106 ·
I think the static comes from the fact that you are amplifying an amplifier. It's like any noise you have gets amplified by the second amplifier or something. It is probably worse with some HUs compared to others.

#107 ·
b4 i bypassed it, my alpine HU actually didnt' have that MUCH of a problem.
There weren't too much static noice too, just a bit.
BUT there is a big volume jump from volume 1 to 2
at volume 1 i get barely sound, but at volume 2 is like loud. it shouldnt' do that.

#108 ·
That's odd because I've never heard anyone on this board complain about volume jumps and so forth with an aftermarket HU. I've heard nothing but good reviews until the past few days...

#110 ·
Yeah, mine did the same thing. I'm sure it's just another problem with when you have a source that is double amplified.

#111 ·
So the amp deffenitely has to be bypassed to make it sound half descent at all then correct?? I have no idea how this is done and don't want to mess around with the wiring at all. I'm not that good with electrical stuff

#112 ·
It doesn't HAVE to be done. Different head units will sound different. Put in your HU and if it sounds fine, leave it alone. It you run into problems mentioned here, then bypass the amp.

#113 ·
The wiring is really not that hard if you follow the directions on the first page of this thread. Once you get down there and start messing with it, it all becomes fairly obvious. It may seem like big trouble right now, but it's not that bad when it comes down to it.

So yea, just put in your HU and see what it sounds like. If you are happy with the sound, don't worry about it. Me - I couldn't stand the constant hissing in the background. Your HU may not be that bad though.

#114 ·
Okay,

So I'm wondering if this can be done. Soon I will be adding a 4-channel amp and component speakers to my rsx, in which I currently have an Aftermarket HU running through the stock system. (which I have some noise/static with) Obviously, i will want to by-pass the bose amp, and use the 4-channel for my speakers. But, I love how the stock bass unit sounds with my aftermarket headunit and I'm not about to take up my entire trunk with a sub. Is there a way to use the bose amp for just the bass unit, when wired to the HU???

If i could do this, my system would be perfect!

Kev

#115 ·
you should all bypass your bose amp because if you have a double amp effect, it overheats your HU and you will end up frying it within a couple years of use.

ALso, don't be scared to bypass it. ITS SOOO FREAKIN EASY! IT just sounds harder than it really is

#117 ·
your subs shouldent have anything to do with the amp... it should run righ to the new headunit.. unless you are using the stock sub

#119 ·
o... well if u want some super nice subs ill be sellin my MB Quart Premium woofers 12" (600W) soon... i also built a fiberglass box for them that sits on the side in the tire well so i can use my whole trunk. only the second box iv built but it works great and sounds nice too. its unfinished to it can be painted any color to match the car or be carpeted. PM me if you intrested cuz i need money for a Cybernation stage 2!

#124 ·
well.. of course it wont work... where in the world is it getting the signal? from the air? i dont think so. see.. you already cut the "output" wires for the headunit that go into the bose amp and spliced them to the speaker wires. so this means that the bose amp isnt getting any signal. therefore it will not work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.