Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection

84K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  nats007 
#1 ·
New chat gents... Post up!

Leaving BWI to MCO :weeeeeeeeee:

#61 ·
finished the supercharger install last night finally! sort of.
still got a couple things to work out here and there. i couldn't get my injectors to work! I'm not sure whats the problem, if i didn't set them up right on ktuner or there is a missed connection between the injector, adapter clips, or harness. it wouldn't fire up, but my pump was sending fuel, i threw the stocks back on and it fired right up. other than that everything seems fine! haven't filled up the aftercooler yet but everything is hosed and wired up.

#64 ·
Right! i bought some FIC injectors 650cc because someone was selling them for a really good price, all i need were the adapters. the first time i ordered the adapters, they weren't the correct ones, they fit the hardness perfectly but not the injector i ordered the correct ones and the fitment into the harness is shitty, i got pissed and just balled out on some DW1000s they come plug n play already no issues there. hopefully they come in tomorrow.

i might just combine the 2 harnesses into one and make a proper one and sell them afterwards.

#68 ·
Yeah, it's a well documented issue. Several ways to fix it if you want to do a quick search and read up on it. I also had this problem and like the man said, a lower profile bolt usually solves the problem. Some have had to go so far as to lower the entire right side of the engine....

#76 ·
Today I was suffering from withdraws of the super charger whine so after work I took my RSX out for a drive. Came across a Mustang that wanted to play but my Redline radar detector wisely pointed out to me that the local authority just down the street wouldn’t appreciate that stunt. When compared to the larger low tech V8 engines, I’m still amazed by how much power you can squeeze out of a four cylinder. My son has a MK6 GTI with APR K04 turbo kit, their V3.1 tune, FBO supporting mods, the APR DSG tune, and APR's valve springs. It’s respectfully quick on the tarmac. Over the last few years I’ve enjoy watching his car transform into its current state, plus the friendly competition between his turbo setup and my RSX supercharged system (https://youtu.be/Hu4JO-BC_ro). With both car equipped with two liter engines, I find it interesting how the two different force induction systems generate similar power levels. I would love to have one of each to drive.

#80 ·
That would be a disgusting setup, especially considering the statistics on it being better than a whipple 2.9 in efficiency, power, and uses half the hp to turn at load. Good for 20k rpm's out of the box also.

Attachments

#82 ·
rant; so i finished the s/c install a few days back and everything checked out, i drove it around for a a week nice and smoothly on a basemap then i went to get it tuned 2 days ago. we were having some issues tuning it on the dynapac, so after a few hours of struggling, decided to take it on the street for a street tune instead and it all went fairly well did a bunch of pulls and he sent me off with a decent tune to use in the mean time while we sorted out the dynamic issue and fine tune later. drove home did some pulls not too aggressive but on the 3rd or 4th one, it gave out.

Problem: as soon as i floored it, it cut fuel immediately and got the flashing CEL like when it knocks I'm assuming it knocked too much and went into a fuel cut. tried it again and same thing. i logged it and got some crazy knock at WOT and cuts off right away only at WOT. i can ease up the rpm range and it fine. i changed the spark plugs for 2 step colder and same thing.

I'm starting to think that it may be something mechanical that went wrong because the tune was pulling fine without any knocks. this is annoying I'm so close to having it completed and then this happens.:thumbsdow

#87 ·
So I paid more attention to the logs and as soon as I go full throttle the AFR drops to like 11.2 and go into boost then about a second later the AFR spikes back to 14.5 that's where the knock starts.

I've checked all vacuum hoses and the are all fine. I found a loose bolt on the manifold but that fixed nothing. I do remember that the PCV valve doesn't have the washer on it, but i know I tightened it well.

I was low on the tank but still had some gas left. 91 fuel. I'm running 1000cc injectors and a DW fuel pump

#88 ·
First thing, fill your tank up. Turbo guys often hit lean cut with low fuel on pulls due to the fuel sloshing to the rear of the tank while the pickup is in the front. I doubt your pulling hard enough, but fill up. Its easy to rule out.

What does your battery voltage read just before the lean cut?

#97 ·
update on my previous fueling/knocking issues:

after checking every hose and every possible vacuum leak, and different tuning maps, i started to change up the injectors around and lastly i replaced the 1000cc with 650cc and the problem went away almost completely. i still get a few knocks here and there but it doesn't cut off anymore.

the 1000cc injectors were brand new and came with a flow sheet and all so i know they are not defective, also the injector dead times were entered correctly. I'm thinking it might be my ECU that doesn't handle the bigger injectors too well.

#99 ·
I agree with Ransom, you most likely need to tweak your tune. Like a lot of other drivers, I also have 1000cc injectors and I can switch back and forth from a gas pump to E85 tunes and the engine performs well without a single issue. I know you upgraded your fuel pump, but did you double check your fuel supply’s flow and pressure?

#100 ·
12 hour road trip for the holiday coming up with my new supercharger and sound system! Can't wait! :vtec: