Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Track *Chat* Part III

Tags
iii part track
63K views 656 replies 37 participants last post by  Koopa Troopa 
#1 ·
Continue.

#475 ·
I'm not a huge fan in the looks department either... and the touch screen volume slider is the worst... but it has a much improved front suspension design from the RSX moving the steering arm off the strut on onto the knuckle... and biggest factor for me is its newish and reliable and I got a great deal on it. this is my daily, miata is staying my track car, so it'll work.

sucks to hear about your back, that sounds horrible... so do you need surgery to correct that?

on the other hand I'm enjoying the new OITNB season too, haha

#476 ·
Considering like everything needs to be replaced on this DB8, I'm totally down with new and reliable. Speaking of which, I currently hate driving so much that I want to set this DB8 on fire.

No clue what's gonna happen with my back, but I'm going to set up an appointment with a doctor and find out what my options are because I have no desire to wait and find out if my body decides to suck the disc back into my spine.

#481 ·
I'm planning on going with track nights on the 13th as long as the weather holds up, I'll be in my miata tho

#487 ·
Cause then I gotta pay road tax for two cars. Only have two parking spots at my apartment anyways, and the shop I rent is pretty full already. Besides, I hate having a boring daily driver, and driving automatics makes me feel dead inside.

There's two CL7s listed for sale on Okinawa. I'm gonna try to test drive one just to see if I like it. I need a more modern car, but I don't want to buy one as I'll quickly remember why I got the DB8 in the first place. The Integra has a really low cost of ownership and everything I want for it can be easily found as an off the shelf solution. Not much of anything is available for the CL7 (which is probably a good thing).

#488 ·
is road tax super expensive in japan?

I prefer to have a focused car for each occasion usually works out better than trying to have a compromised car for both... I guess it doesn't have to be auto, I only said auto cause you said that thing about having the strength in your left leg

#490 ·
It is and it isn't. The main problem is the green tax where cars that are considered old (like 10 years old or something) see a 12% increase. Made sense when it was made as cars that were old then were like 1980s old and those cars didn't age well. Makes no sense when applied in the context of a modern old car. Especially when the K20 is still in production. A 10 year old car today was made in 2008 and those cars still feel like they're new versus a 10 year old car in 1999. 1989 when compared to a car made in 1999 was no comparison.

I would agree with you on the second part, but Japan makes that difficult. Limited parking and registration laws and taxes makes the cost of owning multiple cars add up real quick.

#491 ·
just sold my rsx this past weekend for a house. Down the line I want to get back into a track car but considering 3 options, maybe 4 if my pockets are deep enough. DC2 teggy with hopefully a k20 swap, another DC5, or a s2k, and the MAYBE Civic type R. Whats your pick and why. Although my heart kinda wants to stick with a dc5

#508 ·
So I'm currently at 25.5" front and 26" rear. (Ground to fender) Looks like my tie rods are still a bit off.

I have the factory tie rod ends and no RCAs. If what I'm reading is correct stock height is 15" which puts my car at 13.5" front and 14" rear (subtracting 12" from ground to wheel center from the original numbers)

I was thinking about raising it .5" in the front to be within 1" drop from factory. Does all this math and thought check out with everyone or am I over thinking it?

Also if I measure the dimension on the coilover itself to say the .5" does that equal .5" in ride height? Or do I need to put the wheel back on and let the car settle, measure it from wheel to fender, then take it off again and readjust to get it right?

#514 ·
so who's doing what to their cars over the winter? anyone get one of those 4Pistons K25's yet?

I'm doing nothing to my car, its just sitting there with a dead battery

#515 ·
I got divorced. Heading back to Arizona. The DB8 gonna stay with my friend until 2021. Finally got my hands on a F20C crank. Gonna build me a K19 while I wait for the Integra to turn 25. Think I'm gonna get me an FK8 as a DD once I get settled in.

#517 ·
It was my choice, so no need to be sorry. I just couldn't do it anymore. Telling her I wanted a divorce was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I have been severely depressed and plagued with thoughts of suicide these past 4 years. It needed to end. The planned set up for the K19 will be 11:1 compression (not having to be picky with the shitty 91 octane pump gas is the goal), stock cams, EnDyn Canoda head, ITBs, 9500 rev limit. Not looking to make any power with the set up. Just want a K engine that will mirror a B16B. It'll still have way more power and torque than the B18C in my car, and don't need much to move a car with a factory curb weight of 2420.

#518 ·
well I'm glad you got out of that then!

that sounds like its gonna make an awesome engine... which stock cams? DC5R?

#519 ·
Either ITR or the TSX cams. Well, I'm in Tucson now after almost 4 days spent traveling due to JAL sucking ass. This kinda sucks. 33 years old and living with my mom again. That and this jet lag is killing me.

#522 ·
What y'all been up to? Should be picking up a '91 Civic DX wagon this weekend to use as a beater and then I'll B16B swap it once I am settled with a job and have a 2019 something or another to drive around (leaning towards Miata Club or Veloster N with a performance package). Still in the middle of an extremely long hiring process with no idea if I'm progressing through it or not (yay government jobs). Hasn't been easy but I'm still getting out of bed every morning somehow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.