RSX-Shades *OFFICAL*Pic heavy! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
RSX-Shades

RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
RSX-Shades *OFFICAL*Pic heavy!

Figured it was about time to make a thread considering I'm always on this site.

+Rep to Clubrsx/Kseriesparts for most of my parts!

>>New updated pics on page2+3!

>>NEW CAR ON PAGE 3: 2008 BMW 335xi

I picked up the car 2 years ago after having lost my first RSX(2003 DSM, RIP) in a winter storm. I upgraded to a 2005 Magnesium Metallic with 83k miles on it. Had to drive two states over to pick it up from the Audi dealership where I found it but it was 100% worth it!

Parts List:
Progress Competition coilovers
Progress rear sway bar(adjustable) + lower tie bar
17x9 +22 Varrstoen 2.2.0's
225/45/17 Yokohama S.Drives
SPC Camber kit
HKS Hi-Power exhaust
Ingalls Torque damper
Extended lugnuts
Slotted/vented rotors
Ceramic brake pads
AEM Short RAM intake
Window and roof visors
Apsec wing
Pioneer Avh-P4400BH
Fog Lights
KSP Rear wiper delete
06-07 STI V-Lip

The day after I picked her up

First mod was an AEM short ram intake. Installed it on day two of owning the car.

I had an Aspec wing installed about two weeks later.

Next up I decided to paint the stock wheels white, then this came in the mail thanks to Clubrsx!!!

Progress coilovers installed with a mild drop

A little while later another shipment came in from Clubrsx...Full slotted vented rotors with ceramic pads and a 24mm adjustable Progress rear sway bar with lower tie bar

Brakes installed. Man were the rotors screws a pain...and the old rotors were really stuck on there.

Here's the Progress bar installed

I had got bored with the look and cleaning the white wheels was a pain so I decided to try a new look.

I liked the green for about a few weeks and decided it wasn't my thing lol. So I painstakingly had to sand the wheels back down and gave them a nice polish

Next was fog lights which I hacked to run through the running light switch

I was a little worried with the amount of flex I was getting from the engine so I picked up an Ingalls torque damper

For a while I stayed with that setup as I worked a lot and was saving up money...Next up was a HKS Hi-Power exhaust

A little while later I finally ordered my favorite mod to date. WHEELS AND TIRES!

Test fit

Installed

How I sit today:

My favorite picture, taken by my friend the photographer.

The build Is far from over and I have LOTS of plans for the future so I'll keep this thread updated with anything new!
Show-Off Thread!:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...4#post40225744

Last edited by RSX-Shades; 06-12-2014 at 10:54 PM..
RSX-Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
RSX-Shades

RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX-Shades is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I recently picked up a new project to work on as my winter vehicle and love it already
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ Laredo 4x4
Show-Off Thread!:

Last edited by RSX-Shades; 12-12-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
coltzxli
Its Always Sunny...

coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx coltzxli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
First! nicely done. Very clean and not over done. You actually puled the green off but new set up is sexy
coltzxli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Flaker
thats real retarded, sir

Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Flaker is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
good progress and nice pick up on the jeep

Fast and cheap won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Fast and reliable won't be cheap.
Flaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
Cunoni

Cunoni is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cunoni is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cunoni is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cunoni is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cunoni is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cunoni is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cunoni is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cunoni is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
really like it , mass dc5 ftw
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
Cochino

Cochino is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
the progress looks good and the pick up of the jeep is nice
Fast and cheap won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Fast and reliable won't be cheap.
Cochino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
noobDC5yo
yooooooooooo

noobDC5yo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noobDC5yo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noobDC5yo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noobDC5yo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noobDC5yo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noobDC5yo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noobDC5yo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noobDC5yo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Those tires are 225's? Why do they look so fucking fat! I plan on getting some 235's or 245's when my current set dies
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
K20R-Kat

K20R-Kat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20R-Kat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20R-Kat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20R-Kat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20R-Kat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20R-Kat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20R-Kat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20R-Kat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Lookin good bro
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=799529
K20R-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road
Bump for a fellow Ct'r
superchargedk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
RSX-Shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobDC5yo View Post
Those tires are 225's? Why do they look so fucking fat! I plan on getting some 235's or 245's when my current set dies
Thanks guys.

The S.Drives run wider than most tires. I'd say these do seem like 245's. It's also the 45 sidewall that gives it that perfect shape
Show-Off Thread!:
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
RSX-Shades

Here's a couple other shots taken with my Canon. Neither of these were edited in any way.

Show-Off Thread!:
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
iallan
ABP type S

iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx iallan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Drove all that way for a base? Meh either way you've got it looking pretty good aspec lip kit would be a nice addition.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
jusdc5

jusdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Stance is perfect man. Like iallan said aspec lip kit would set the car off very nicely
jusdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
RSX-Shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdc5 View Post
Stance is perfect man. Like iallan said aspec lip kit would set the car off very nicely
Well right now I'm torn between getting parts for the Jeep or for my Acura. The plan was Aspec side skirts, Type R front lip, and Mugen rear lip. Then of course down the line a fully built 6 speed swap but I'll leave that until I can update with pictures
Show-Off Thread!:
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Ciscos_DC5

Ciscos_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ciscos_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ciscos_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ciscos_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ciscos_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ciscos_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ciscos_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ciscos_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
where and how much did you get does rims for ?
Ciscos_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #16
jusdc5

jusdc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX-Shades View Post
Well right now I'm torn between getting parts for the Jeep or for my Acura. The plan was Aspec side skirts, Type R front lip, and Mugen rear lip. Then of course down the line a fully built 6 speed swap but I'll leave that until I can update with pictures
parts for acura ftw i remember seeing a member on here with that same exact set up of front/rear lip and side skirts..its gonna look great
jusdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #17
Kaveh_DC5
Soul to Squeeze

Kaveh_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kaveh_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kaveh_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kaveh_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kaveh_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kaveh_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kaveh_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kaveh_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice wheeels!

FS: Red Recaro DC5R Door Inserts

Kaveh_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
Dootman

Dootman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dootman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dootman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dootman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dootman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dootman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dootman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dootman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
the new wheels looks great.. nicely done.

tumblr

showoff
Dootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
jnabdc509
ARC Magic FTW

jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jnabdc509 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice start
jnabdc509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
it's a good start... that green was... well... glad you changed them lol
Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #21
teslaman99
The Bat

teslaman99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teslaman99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teslaman99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teslaman99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teslaman99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teslaman99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teslaman99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teslaman99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
yea what he said^ but I have been seeing a lot of bases recently that are looking nice. Nice start!

Instagram - james_yoz
teslaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #22
salTHEwrench

salTHEwrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salTHEwrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salTHEwrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salTHEwrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salTHEwrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salTHEwrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salTHEwrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx salTHEwrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Those varstoens look great man! Ive been thinking about getting those exact rims but i was worried about if the rims would rub, do u have that problem? N whats the offset on those wheels?
salTHEwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #23
RSX-Shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by salTHEwrench View Post
Those varstoens look great man! Ive been thinking about getting those exact rims but i was worried about if the rims would rub, do u have that problem? N whats the offset on those wheels?
Rolled all my fenders and I almost never rub. I only do when I cut the wheel all the way and hit a bump. Offset is +22, I went with the best fitting, most aggressive wheel/tire size that I could fit without having to go crazy with camber. I believe I'm at -1.6 degrees camber in the front and -2.9 in the rear

He's another picture I took that is also not edited at all. We had a crazy storm that just hit and another was approaching, and I took this shot in the "eye" of the storm. EVERYTHING was orange, it was the craziest thing I've ever seen, so of course I needed a picture of it with the RSX!
Show-Off Thread!:

Last edited by RSX-Shades; 12-14-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #24
RSX-Shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
I'm Spaz approved?
Show-Off Thread!:

Last edited by RSX-Shades; 12-14-2012 at 07:38 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #25
RSX-Shades

A few more pictures of installs
Fog Lights:

The dreaded tail light gaskets:
Show-Off Thread!: