Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 50 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #1226
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
I’m on 1000cc ID injectors.
Wow, and you are at 90% duty cycle... Had no idea.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2019, 07:17 AM   #1227
Luna
Tuna Luna

Luna is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I’ll just have it retuned later either way later on when it’s put back together lol
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #1228
Ridgeback

Ridgeback is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It sure is hard finding a supercharger these days. Three months ago, I've upgraded to a dual pulley on my b8.5 s4 and haven't driven the honda since. I really need a charger for my EP3. Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling their kit.
EK K20a2 (gone)
CL9 K24a2 (gone)
EP3 K20a3 (gone)
Ridgeback is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #1229
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
It sure is hard finding a supercharger these days. Three months ago, I've upgraded to a dual pulley on my b8.5 s4 and haven't driven the honda since. I really need a charger for my EP3. Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling their kit.
Definitely becoming more rare to find one used ones nowadays... Not sure if CT still makes them, but majority of folks are going with twin-screw setups if you plan on buying new. Been trying to get my brother to test out a mr1320 on his '12 Si
Old 08-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #1230
Ridgeback

Ridgeback is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It's just the size of them. I dont think the MR900 would even fit in the EP3's engine bay.
EK K20a2 (gone)
CL9 K24a2 (gone)
EP3 K20a3 (gone)
Ridgeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #1231
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
It's just the size of them. I dont think the MR900 would even fit in the EP3's engine bay.
Ah got ya... Forgot the EP3 had a different mount set-up for the JRSC. Yes, some custom work is likely to get it to fit for sure.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:34 PM   #1232
hbjai
Zenki

hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
so i finally installed JRSC with 3.4 pulley, everything looks good. when i load up the 5-7psi basemap on kpro, the maximum boost i see on kpro and boost gauge is 4psi. I made sure the manifold bottom plate is sealed with ultra grey, since the paper gasket was teared, and all the bolts are snug with blue loctite. Any thoughts? Does anyone got a kal that i can use?
K20a2
Inject CAI
RC 650
JRSC 7psi
PLM RH
Q300 Exhaust
hbjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #1233
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjai View Post
so i finally installed JRSC with 3.4 pulley, everything looks good. when i load up the 5-7psi basemap on kpro, the maximum boost i see on kpro and boost gauge is 4psi. I made sure the manifold bottom plate is sealed with ultra grey, since the paper gasket was teared, and all the bolts are snug with blue loctite. Any thoughts? Does anyone got a kal that i can use?
K20a2
Inject CAI
RC 650
JRSC 7psi
PLM RH
Q300 Exhaust
Sup bro, first off congratulations and welcome to the S/C crew! Unfortunately, base maps are hit or miss for people. My first setup could not run off the KPRO provided S/C base map ( think it's the one you are trying now).

Based on your setup, if you have the K20a2 crank pulley and 3.4" boost pulley, you should be spinning the blower at 14,670 rev/min at 8600 rpm. You should be closer to 6-7 psi. What MAP sensor are you using? Where is your MAP connected? Lastly, what is the reading in KPRO in case your boost gauge needs to be calibrated.

If the car is not surging, then you shouldn't have a vacuum leak. Also, where are you located in relation to sea elevation? That can affect your boost numbers as well.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:27 PM   #1234
hbjai
Zenki

hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thanks, the car whines when it's above 3.5k rpm, but the whine isn't as dramatic as the one i see on youtube. The basemap works fine after i tweak it a bit to obtain a closer to normal idle. I couldn't get it idle nicely.

I am using RDX 2.8bar sensor, the sensor was used, not sure if its the sensor that's throwing the wrong reading. Max PSI i have seen on datalog was 4psi. From 3k to 7k rpm, starts out with 3psi and slowly goes to 4.2ish. Car is pretty smooth until it decels, it tends to buck a bit while in gear. Located in Toronto, according to google, 251 ft above sea level if that helps.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:30 AM   #1235
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
thanks, the car whines when it's above 3.5k rpm, but the whine isn't as dramatic as the one i see on youtube. The basemap works fine after i tweak it a bit to obtain a closer to normal idle. I couldn't get it idle nicely.

I am using RDX 2.8bar sensor, the sensor was used, not sure if its the sensor that's throwing the wrong reading. Max PSI i have seen on datalog was 4psi. From 3k to 7k rpm, starts out with 3psi and slowly goes to 4.2ish. Car is pretty smooth until it decels, it tends to buck a bit while in gear. Located in Toronto, according to google, 251 ft above sea level if that helps.
Cool. You should be seeing more boost. My recommendation is get a new MAP sensor and ensure it connected to the S/C manifold to get accurate air pressure readings (i.e., not the stock location on the TB).
I'm using a GM 3bar MAP (bought new in 2012) sensor that I got off eBay for $60. Been using it for 7 years now with no issues.

Post a pic of your setup if possible. Also check your sensor connections and ensure plugs are connected well and not swapped.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #1236
hbjai
Zenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Cool. You should be seeing more boost. My recommendation is get a new MAP sensor and ensure it connected to the S/C manifold to get accurate air pressure readings (i.e., not the stock location on the TB).
I'm using a GM 3bar MAP (bought new in 2012) sensor that I got off eBay for $60. Been using it for 7 years now with no issues.

Post a pic of your setup if possible. Also check your sensor connections and ensure plugs are connected well and not swapped.
I think the rdx sensor is working properly, because I have the aem boost gauge hooked up, and it is showing boost at around 3-4psi. And both of them are hooked up to the 2 nipples at the manifold.

Could it be the bypass valve not closing properly? How can you check if it's closing properly?

Last edited by hbjai; 08-17-2019 at 11:23 PM..
Old 08-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #1237
hbjai
Zenki

That's the current engine bay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190819_170534_1566254303099.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	550205  
Old 08-20-2019, 07:34 PM   #1238
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

I think the rdx sensor is working properly, because I have the aem boost gauge hooked up, and it is showing boost at around 3-4psi. And both of them are hooked up to the 2 nipples at the manifold.

Could it be the bypass valve not closing properly? How can you check if it's closing properly?
Could be. I personally have not had to troubleshoot the bypass, but I'm not sure that is your issue.

Quote:
That's the current engine bay
Looking at the pic, you have a stock TB. Your map sensor is in it? Did you block the air passage in the TB?
Old 08-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #1239
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:

What belt are you running? I wonder if you have belt slip... belt slip is common and will cause reduce psi. Also, check to see you don't have boost leak anywhere
Old 08-22-2019, 06:10 AM   #1240
hbjai
Zenki

Quote:
What belt are you running? I wonder if you have belt slip... belt slip is common and will cause reduce psi. Also, check to see you don't have boost leak anywhere
My mistake, it was my impression of JRSC reaching max boost at lower rpm that screwed with my mind. Once i brought the motor up to 8.2k, the boost was at 6.5. And it was a smooth gradual increase of boost from 3k to 8k. PS i am running 81.5 continental(4060815).

Quote:
Could be. I personally have not had to troubleshoot the bypass, but I'm not sure that is your issue.

Looking at the pic, you have a stock TB. Your map sensor is in it? Did you block the air passage in the TB?
Bypass valve works, since i unplug the hose from the inlet nipple and suck on it, it holds the pressure. I got lazy and didn't have the map sensor relocation, so i just left the stock map sensor in there and ziptie the RDX map sensor somewhere else.

One question, if i was to get a k24 crank pulley, that would make it 9psi. Would i need to upgrade my injectors? I have RC650 right now, they are at 56%@8.2k.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #1241
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
My mistake, it was my impression of JRSC reaching max boost at lower rpm that screwed with my mind. Once i brought the motor up to 8.2k, the boost was at 6.5. And it was a smooth gradual increase of boost from 3k to 8k. PS i am running 81.5 continental(4060815).

Quote:

Bypass valve works, since i unplug the hose from the inlet nipple and suck on it, it holds the pressure. I got lazy and didn't have the map sensor relocation, so i just left the stock map sensor in there and ziptie the RDX map sensor somewhere else.

One question, if i was to get a k24 crank pulley, that would make it 9psi. Would i need to upgrade my injectors? I have RC650 right now, they are at 56%@8.2k.
Ok, glad you figured it out. Why not change the BP? Will increase boost and be cheaper. You have room in your current injectors to run a smaller boost pulley or a larger k24 CP.

How's your hood clearance? My hood used to rub on the PS pump. Hopefully you don't have that issue. Lastly, how's your intake temps?
Old 08-22-2019, 08:51 PM   #1242
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Hey everyone. Just checking in. Took my RSX to work today to show it off to some of my coworkers. After a few rides, coworkers were well impressed with the performance output and the sound of the supercharger whine. After all the fun I noticed that the odometer just turned 190K. Even with a 190K miles and 17 years old, the body style of the RSX still draws attention.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:18 PM   #1243
hbjai
Zenki

Quote:

Ok, glad you figured it out. Why not change the BP? Will increase boost and be cheaper. You have room in your current injectors to run a smaller boost pulley or a larger k24 CP.

How's your hood clearance? My hood used to rub on the PS pump. Hopefully you don't have that issue. Lastly, how's your intake temps?
I want to do k24 CP and 3 in pulley to reach 11-13 psi. I am getting aftercooler from Jose. Would the injector still be okay with that amount of boost? Do I need to upgrade my fuel pump for that? It's stock ATM.

I had good clearance before, but now I switched to a lower profile mounting bolt and had to grind a bit of it for fully clear it. Also had to replace the stock hose clamp. Highest iat I saw after 3rd gear pull was 135f is that high?
Old 08-22-2019, 11:00 PM   #1244
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
Hey everyone. Just checking in. Took my RSX to work today to show it off to some of my coworkers. After a few rides, coworkers were well impressed with the performance output and the sound of the supercharger whine. After all the fun I noticed that the odometer just turned 190K. Even with a 190K miles and 17 years old, the body style of the RSX still draws attention.
Nice... Glad to see you let them know the RSX still pulling and looking for attention

Quote:
I want to do k24 CP and 3 in pulley to reach 11-13 psi. I am getting aftercooler from Jose. Would the injector still be okay with that amount of boost? Do I need to upgrade my fuel pump for that? It's stock ATM.

I had good clearance before, but now I switched to a lower profile mounting bolt and had to grind a bit of it for fully clear it. Also had to replace the stock hose clamp. Highest iat I saw after 3rd gear pull was 135f is that high?
Yes, K24 CP+ 3" BP would require new bigger injectors. I run 775cc and that is the pulley setup I have on my k24. Aftercooler would definitely be recommended...

You can still run stock fuel pump, no issues. I've been running stock fuel pump for years. If your IATs are 135* that's straight, but when you increase the CP and BP, the temps will spike. The aftercooler will definitely help.

I'm not aftercooled. I run a 3" BP + k24 CP on my k24, but I have 1000cc/min alcohol/methanol injection to keep temps in check. I push 8-9 psi at 7600rpm on my K24 and can hit 180* IATs during the summers here in Orlando. When I spray, it gets to 150s* during WOT.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #1245
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
update. my countershaft had a chip in it. ordered a new fd. going to get back to pressing gears on. hoping i measure mainshaft thrust clearance correctly.

missed wrenching on this car.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:37 PM   #1246
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
oh shit. is magnesium not doing e tunes anymore?
Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 AM   #1247
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickbowlmidz View Post
oh shit. is magnesium not doing e tunes anymore?
No Sir... I attempted to reach out few years ago and he was on a hiatus and moving. Haven't heard from him since.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:59 PM   #1248
Breemeyli

Breemeyli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Breemeyli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Breemeyli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Breemeyli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Breemeyli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Breemeyli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Breemeyli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Breemeyli is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks for the response.
Breemeyli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #1249
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
This morning I was driving down the interstate in my RSX-S with my youngest son following me in his new Veloster N with the performance package. Next thing I noticed was a black Type R coming up behind us on the inside lane. I will say it was fun to have the new and the old traveling together for a few miles down the road. Well to make a long story short, the Type R doesn't look bad from the the old RSXís rear view mirror. Side note, both my boys each bought a new Veloster N. They both went with the Veloster N because they felt it was the closest thing overall to the RSX-S for $30k.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:40 PM   #1250
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
This morning I was driving down the interstate in my RSX-S with my youngest son following me in his new Veloster N with the performance package. Next thing I noticed was a black Type R coming up behind us on the inside lane. I will say it was fun to have the new and the old traveling together for a few miles down the road. Well to make a long story short, the Type R doesn't look bad from the the old RSX’s rear view mirror. Side note, both my boys each bought a new Veloster N. They both went with the Veloster N because they felt it was the closest thing overall to the RSX-S for $30k.
Nice story! I actually like the baby blue Veloster N. My brother is putting his 8th gen Si back to stock to potentially pick up a CTR.

Been driving my RSX more. Not up to par in looks, but feels great on the road. It's still crazy hot here in Orlando. ECTs climb to 206* F w/ AC and I don't have a tstat. I need to tune up my water meth to keep IATs in check. Been running without it since I reinstalled the MaxBore TB and Acuity TPS.