Clunking noise - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-17-2018, 03:32 AM   #1
Shenghai

Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Clunking noise

New to clubrsx, tried looking around the forum for a reason why I hear a clunking noise from my front right coil overs. I’m currently on F&F2 and Rota Grid p45f. Everything was installed by previous owner, so I honestly don’t know much about suspension or rims at all.
Shenghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 06:42 AM   #2
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Put the car on jack stands, take off the wheels, and use a pry bar to start wiggling stuff until you find a loose bolt or ball joint.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
Shenghai

Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Shenghai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Put the car on jack stands, take off the wheels, and use a pry bar to start wiggling stuff until you find a loose bolt or ball joint.
I will definitely give this a try , thank you
Shenghai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
Pserkyt

Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Also check your motor mounts could be loose or broken and itís the engine moving around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pserkyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #5
Human_testpassed24

Human_testpassed24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Human_testpassed24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Human_testpassed24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Human_testpassed24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Human_testpassed24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Human_testpassed24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Human_testpassed24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Human_testpassed24 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have the same problem, I do believe the rsx is known for the top strut mount to go bad, try this. Worked for me.
Human_testpassed24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #6
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Take a loot at your bushings too. My clunk was due to a torn compliance bushing.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 05:07 PM   #7
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
If the lower lock ring is loose at all, it will also clunk.