New 06 Type S owner - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-07-2019, 09:22 PM   #1
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
New 06 Type S owner

Hi, name is Jim, and have been wanting one of these cars for a while.
I finally found one in Texas. Never has left the state, and clean carfax.
111,000 miles, 100% stock. February 15th, i'll be flying down to drive it home to Minnesota.
Looking forward to warm up for a few days before heading back to the frozen tundra.
I may make a video log of my trip, and i'll be taking a lot of pictures.
Mods not sure what i'll do, I know the 1st thing, window tint.

Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
Nino Brown
Modelrator

Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino Brown must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
welcome
FACELIFT SSM Crew #1 / HASK
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Nino Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #3
Lord Taco
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Lord Taco must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Garage
Clean af
http://i.imgur.com/rGyHKK9.jpg
ᕦ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)ᕤ GANG
Lord Taco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2019, 09:50 PM   #4
Drewpreme
( ‾ʖ̫‾)

Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top
Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top
Nice Civic
Drewpreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:15 PM   #5
arizonarsx
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though arizonarsx is cool, not as cool as some though
i dig it, welcome
Old 02-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #6
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewpreme View Post
Nice Civic
See you have a Civic also... lol
Old 02-09-2019, 04:35 AM   #7
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Looks pretty clean
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:22 AM   #8
Mikeman711

Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Where about in Minnesota I’m in northfield I wish I had one this clean it’s close but that looks emasculate and no rust I’d get it underbodies sprayed before you start driving in Minnesota it will rust out bad over time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E430BB4B-79F0-4AFB-AE4B-6D0582DB95EB_1549866163446.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	812.4 KB
ID:	548471  
Mikeman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #9
Jimmikatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman711 View Post
Where about in Minnesota Im in northfield I wish I had one this clean its close but that looks emasculate and no rust Id get it underbodies sprayed before you start driving in Minnesota it will rust out bad over time
I live in Minneapolis, it will stay parked during the winter.
I have a 97 Civic EX to beat around in the nasty stuff, plus i drive a company vehicle,
i do most of my errands while i'm out in it. I hardly put 200 miles a year on the Civic...
Old 02-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #10
Mikeman711

Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice nice low miles and good price I’m assuming good find
Old 02-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #11
Jimmikatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman711 View Post
Nice nice low miles and good price I’m assuming good find
Yeah i guess, $7000, it was still a little under the value of the car.
That's what my credit union rep told me, other wise, i wouldn't have got the loan for it.
Was looking for it to be shipped but, they were either dragging their feet, or having to deal with shady shipping brokers, i said fuck it, and bought a plane ticket... lol
So now this weekend, i'll be able to spend 3 days with it before it's put up for the rest of the winter. 85 degrees on Friday...

Last edited by Jimmikatt; 04-13-2019 at 09:58 AM..
Old 02-11-2019, 07:20 PM   #12
nikm1019

nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Very nice! Hope I can find one as clean as this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nikm1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #13
Jimmikatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikm1019 View Post
Very nice! Hope I can find one as clean as this.

Thank you, Good luck on your search.
The're out there, you just need to be doing a lot of searching.
Here is the site i used to find mine. You may need to broaden your search, sticking to within a 100 mile area may be difficult, depending on where you live.
I was looking nation wide. Every year the pickings get a little slimmer.

https://www.carsforsale.com/Search?M...ModelYear=2006

You can change the year your looking for, I was looking for an 2006,
If year doesn't matter, you will have more of a selection.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #14
nikm1019

nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nikm1019 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmikatt View Post
Thank you, Good luck on your search.

The're out there, you just need to be doing a lot of searching.

Here is the site i used to find mine. You may need to broaden your search, sticking to within a 100 mile area may be difficult, depending on where you live.

I was looking nation wide. Every year the pickings get a little slimmer.

https://www.carsforsale.com/Search?M...ModelYear=2006

You can change the year your looking for, I was looking for an 2006,

If year doesn't matter, you will have more of a selection.

Thanks bud.

Yeah I think Ill be broadening my search for sure.
Looking for one locally is tough but I dunno about getting one shipped as I wont be able to fly to pick one up.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #15
Jimmikatt

Yeah getting one shipped can be a hassle, and depending on how far it's being shipped, it could cost quit a bit. I will be saving $500 flying down and driving it home.
But then there is a chance you could have issues on the way back..
I am taking a BIG risk, since i bought this car site unseen, and no test drive,
I don't advise this what so ever, but I am putting a lot of trust in someone i have never met, his word.. how good is that when it comes to use car salesmen.. lol
I'm holding my breath, and crossing all my fingers and toes, I will find out Friday.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:57 PM   #16
Dad
Master Member

Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Nice find and good luck on the drive home! Looks like the only thing it'll need are some new tail lamps gaskets and you'll be set.

What part of Texas are you going to? Hopefully not the Dallas area, we just had a hail storm come through..

Everyones Favorite Brit

My WTB Thread
Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #17
Jimmikatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Nice find and good luck on the drive home! Looks like the only thing it'll need are some new tail lamps gaskets and you'll be set.

What part of Texas are you going to? Hopefully not the Dallas area, we just had a hail storm come through..
Yeah, I'll be driving through Dallas on the way home, picking up the car in San Antonio.
I have been watching the weather down there very close,
it looks like Friday it will be sunny and 70, I hope... lol
Anything above 20 degrees will feel pretty damn good about now.
I don't think i'll need to worry about weather until I get around Kansas City,
It should start getting a bit colder by then.. making sure my antifreeze is up to snuff before i leave though, and my heater is working...
Old 02-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #18
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
New 06 Type S owner

Great find! I had to sacrifice paint and body to find a 1-owner 05-06 with 106k miles stock. I mean I paid couple thousand less than you but now it will need to be repainted. :sketchy: also, I would highlyyy recommend reading the rust repair DIYS on here, as they go through rust prevention , and spraying the underbody , and re-plating hardware, etc... worth it cuz u live in frozen hell
Tons of info on this website. Welcome.

SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:36 PM   #19
Jimmikatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
Great find! I had to sacrifice paint and body to find a 1-owner 05-06 with 106k miles stock. I mean I paid couple thousand less than you but now it will need to be repainted. :sketchy: also, I would highlyyy recommend reading the rust repair DIYS on here, as they go through rust prevention , and spraying the underbody , and re-plating hardware, etc... worth it cuz u live in frozen hell
Tons of info on this website. Welcome.

Thanks for the tips, I know all too good about rust, and what northern cars go through.
Once i get it back, it will be sitting until the snow is gone,
I will have it washed before it's put away, once the weather breaks,
i'll have the undercarriage thoroughly inspected, and go from there,
hope it's as clean as the top side. Spring is not too far away.

PS... I will say that buying a car 1,200 miles away, sight unseen,
has been a very stressful few weeks, now the anxiety is setting in on top of that.
I'm a nervous / anxious wreck. You have no idea how many sleepless nights i have had, but it's all most over..
Old 02-12-2019, 08:56 PM   #20
nikm1019

I can only imagine.

Hopefully everything works out. Good luck!

Old 02-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #21
junior1087
return of the infamous...

junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner
junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner junior1087 's mom is calling them in for dinner
525WHP, 360WTQ @16 psi old set up (new setup in works)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
who in the history of CRSX - gives a fuck what axis thinks? lol...
junior - your car is sex. end of story.
junior1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:26 PM   #22
Jimmikatt

Just got the car home about an hour ago, Just missed a big snow storm in the midwest, but got the car covered in salt spray going through Kansas City, man it was pretty bad. 1st thing i did when i got home was to run it through the car wash, and i did get the underbody wash as well. My head is a pop'in, so i'll get some rest from my 16 hour drive, and take pics tomorrow.

Last edited by Jimmikatt; 04-13-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Old 02-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #23
Jimmikatt

Well here it sits, home at last.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190217_092723.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	897.0 KB
ID:	548521   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190217_092752.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	920.6 KB
ID:	548523  
Old 02-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #24
nikm1019

Looking good! Congrats

Old 02-18-2019, 12:39 AM   #25
Mikeman711

Dam don’t know what you payed but guy in Bloomington no rust 88,000 miles for $7,999 looks just like yours from Arizona one owner car
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	07D2AA3C-B270-4DB4-9E22-C9649A69A2E4_1550471939829.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	548531