Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Invidia Q300 Review

155K views 742 replies 184 participants last post by  seahorse13 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got my Invidia Q300 (70mm) exhaust from UPS today, and I thought I would write a little review about it.

Engine Mods:
Injen CAI
Strup Race Header
This exhaust

The packaging it came in was great and the exhaust was well protected. Here are some pics of the packaging.

Once unpacked the exhaust looks great, since it's full stainless steel.

The install was pain free and there were no real issues, which I wasn't expecting any to begin with. The fitment of the exhaust was perfect. Here are some more pictures after the exhaust was bolted up (I know my car is dirty. We've been getting thunderstorms everyday for the past week). :mad:

The sound of this exhaust is perfect. It's deeper than stock but is still very quiet for a 70mm exhaust. The exhaust gets louder in VTEC, but you can still hear the engine over the exhaust.

Here is a video of a warm start-up and some 3-4k revs. I will update this with a cruise and WOT video later today.

80mph Cruising

2nd gear WOT and part of 3rd

Track Video

See less See more
#380 ·
Sick of being load?

Anyways, I wish I got this exhaust...thermal sounds great, but gets loud on the highway. Idk if the almost unbearable sound is coming from my header, but cruising at 4k Rpms almost makes my ears ring. How's the sound on this exhaust on the highway? Make you want to wear headphones?

#386 · (Edited)
Well I got my Invidia q300 exhaust in this weekend and went ahead and installed it on monday.

What can I say that hasn't been said?

The build quality is top notch. Here is a picture of the cat back system next to the stock 06-s exhaust.

I've heard of the "bottleneck" in the stock exhaust system but never really searched to see it but next to the 70mm invidia it becomes very apparent. What were you thinking Acura?:face:

I did the job on jackstands and it started out smooth. the nuts on the back of the catalytic converter were a pain, got the bottom two with a good death grip but it was hard to get the leverage for the top one. I found when you approach the car from the driverside you can actually use your foot on the whench to get that needed leverage.

As stated before the bolt, or should I say studs on the Cat are too short to work with the beefier flange on the Invidia.
That being said they are grooved and pressed into the cat therefor basically welded.

Before you start get a blowtorch and a hammer, heat them up red hot and it's pound town. That worked for two of them in my case and I ended cutting the third off with a dremel tool and driling that stubborned piece of....

After it is all said and done, I have to say it sounds great.

Nice bass sound under a load up till 4k, which you can quiet down a bit by feathering the throttle. And in the higher RPM's it changes pitch into an aggressive sound minus that super loud aspect that is accompanied with your basic straight through systems.

For those who want an exhaust that is louder than the engine during Vtec, this is not for you.
Anyone who wants a sleek system that looks like it should've came with the car with a nice tuner sound by all means...

#388 ·
What are your other mods AcuraRSX-S2006? I really appreciate the little review because this is almost guaranteed the exhaust that I'm going to buy. Can you PLEASE get some sound clips outside and inside? And not just sitting there revving, actually driving and WOT if you can. That would seal the deal for me.

#411 ·
This post pretty much made up my mind... the price and the sound/look make it one of the top choices IMO.

#414 ·
this sounds like the best exhaust for sure since i keep hearing that the regular version of the Ti-C 70mm is no longer being made. dont know if thats true, but this still sounds more like what i want.

#430 ·
Still noticeable as aftermarket? Liking the fact that most people say its not cannon loud :laughing:

#431 ·
Finally got mine installed today and it's awesome!! Love the sound, nice and bassy and fitment is perfect! Only problem is the hanger on the muffler rattling against the subframe like others have said, I'll fix that easily with rubber though. Anyone else think it smells like burnt marshmallows at first haha! I am 100% happy with this non fart can exhaust!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.