Im new and i Traded my db8 for a dc5 with a random misfire - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-28-2018, 04:38 AM   #1
Ktwampscatadles

Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Im new and i Traded my db8 for a dc5 with a random misfire

Hi my name is frisco from San Jose ca and I just Traded my b16a2 with gsr trans swaped 94 db8 gsr 4door for a 2004 rsx type s with lots of suspension work and mechanical issue random misfire and misfire 1 through 4 I hope I can fix it ? on a side note I've been a long time lurker on this forum but never registered since I never owned an rsx till now.. I love the car however I don't like what it's currently doing... yes it was a streight trade no cash involved.. I had to do it.. I mean who wouldn't? Lmk if some one has ever experienced rsx type s with misfire on cylinder 4 mainly.. misfires at all rooms at partial throttle but problem goes away after 4k rpm only at wide open throttle vtec kicks in it pulls hard af on the freeway and if I keep it steady at 70 mph I can hear it misfire then stop misfiring and then misfire again and then stop misfiring and so on till I either punch it wot or let of which then my gf said (she was driving behind me) car would spit flames out the back which looks cool but I know that can't be good.. hope I get some insight thanx clubrsx?
Ktwampscatadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Welcome. Any CEL codes? Could be anything really, plugs, coils, injectors, ecu... People normally check the spark first then fuel, maybe do a compression test. Good luck!
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
Ktwampscatadles

Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ktwampscatadles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Cel p0300 p0301 p0302 p0303 p0304 p0300 p0301 p0302 p0303 p0304 in that order scanner said 10 codes total lol I already reset them tho because it's the same codes twice so technically 5 codes lol but seems like you didn't read my whole post.. I covered most of the diag already except leakdown.. I haven't done that yet tho I will once I find time to do it
Ktwampscatadles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2018, 03:06 PM   #4
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktwampscatadles View Post
... yes it was a streight trade no cash involved.. I had to do it..
LOL. You should have stayed away. I mean, did you even drive it before trading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktwampscatadles View Post
..seems like you didn't read my whole post..
I don't blame him. Grammar > You.

Anyway, it sounds like you know what you need to do to get to the bottom of this. If you've already checked the ignition and fuel delivery systems you'll need more in-depth investigation.

Good luck and welcome to the community.
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #5
koncept88
DC5

koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koncept88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Check spark plugs, coils, and injectors. Check your valve adjustment and do a leak down. Clear all codes with the obd2 scanner and check the live data to see if 1 or 2 cylinders are actually misfiring.
koncept88 is offline   Reply With Quote