Finally an RT-AWD DC5 brought to you by Florida. In progress - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #51
BOMrsxS
Master Member

BOMrsxS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Aren't these awd systems ran by a bunch of sensors and computers? How is your kpro going to be able to monitor all of this stuff to make it all work in harmony?
BOMrsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #52
AIRITE
Fast and Furious

AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yes this^^ and comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMrsxS View Post
Aren't these awd systems ran by a bunch of sensors and computers? How is your kpro going to be able to monitor all of this stuff to make it all work in harmony?
I am very glad your doing this and I was planning to do this in the spring after I get my 2014 taxes. I have a k24a4 to add to mine. I pay my car off next month and I am having a baby boy. Now I live in Michigan, used to be cali and ohio. I will drive down to you and we can f my car up too! I am glad you didn't get scared off by fwd rsx bs. I have a kpro auto and am wondering about keeping it auto??--because I want it that way-- k24 auto awd. I have been reading that they might make the 2016 ilx with sh-awd. this makes a coupe ilx/ Integra type-r feasible and this awd rsx current! I don't want to wait in case they don't ever make Integra type r again, only grocery getters with fancy electronics. So lets see this run! I always wanted to have one of those "you cant to that!" "but I did" "and on a budget" cars.

Thanks

2006 Acura RSX Base Auto KPRO 170,000+mi
from Ohio to Vegas to California to Michigan

Last edited by AIRITE; 08-29-2014 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: FWD RSX BS
AIRITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #53
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
There is nothing that is driven by sensors.... You guys are mistaking this for the newer sensor type hard core AWD crap. This is mechanical clutch engagement when the front wheel slip thats all!! As far as auto, I am not sure if it will fit but I cant see why not it will just be much tighter and I am a fan of space.

Thanks guys.
57trim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #54
BOMrsxS
Master Member

BOMrsxS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Cool, it was just something I wasn't sure about no need to get all defensive.
BOMrsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #55
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Defensive? Lol hard to set the tone writing a post i was rather humble when I wrote the reply.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #56
dc5_rmnb

dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMrsxS View Post
AWD has been around since early 1900s. They didn't need computers and sensors, im sure this guy will get by. He has to modify the drivetrain nothing else.
dc5_rmnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #57
57trim

Yes thats correct l....^
Old 09-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #58
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
how exactly does a posi-trac rear end in a plymouth work? it just does. /movie quote.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #59
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Sub'd
This is definitely my next "big project" for my car. I want to make it AWD.
My main concern is, can i swap my PPG gears from my transmission onto that transmission you are using? What about the Quaife LSD? And then my other concerns are, will this drive train hold the power my car makes? in the event that i start to break parts in the drivetrain, does anybody make aftermarket parts for it such us transfer case, or rear end, etc ?
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.5@165 / 1.28 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #60
dc5_rmnb

dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rmnb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
how exactly does a posi-trac rear end in a plymouth work? it just does. /movie quote.

Joe Dirt probably one of the best movies ever.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #61
matcha

matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx matcha is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Possibly one of the most interesting threads on CRSX right now. Looking forward to more of your updates.
matcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #62
57trim

Yea, I thought
Old 09-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #63
57trim

I thought I was rather easy when I said that the shit is pretty mechanical I guess It just get connected with some nuts and bolts.....

Last edited by 57trim; 11-27-2014 at 08:21 PM..
Old 09-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #64
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57trim View Post
I thought I was rather easy when I said that the shit is pretty mechanical I guess It just get connected with some nuts and bolts..... jk no pun anyone.
i didn't think anything about any of the posts, i just saw an opportunity to quote joe dirt.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #65
57trim

I thought that was one of them older movies from Joe Pesci and that chick when they drove to Alabama as (lawyer) to defend his nephew from a store robbery from New York. hot accent... Remember in the last comment to judge she spoke of rear ends and i think it was something Plymouth posi laid only one tire. Lol
Old 09-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #66
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Quote:
I thought that was one of them older movies from Joe Pesci and that chick when they drove to Alabama as (lawyer) to defend his nephew from a store robbery from New York. hot accent... Remember in the last comment to judge she spoke of rear ends and i think it was something Plymouth posi laid only one tire. Lol
lol, i had that one in my mind too, my cousin vinny. want to say that was marissa tomei.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #67
57trim

Yep thats it!!! Not even sure who here is even old enough to remember that flick!! Good ol' stuff.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #68
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
I thought I was rather easy when I said that the shit is pretty mechanical I guess It just get connected with some nuts and bolts..... jk no pun anyone.

Don't know, don't know, not sure, and most likely NOT.... ^
JK I don't know the answer to any of these questions my friend, how many AWD RSXs do you see around making 450 running on the track testing components??
Me neither......

I do know that the gear set is the same, my trans guy refered to it as a base model trans. PPG I think you will be able to use (let me confirm with him)...., LSD you have to google LSD AWD CRV or element... there is a couple of them around that are using an LSD just had to modify it.

When you start breaking tcase or the rear end i guess you take it apart and see what broke..., then you get good with a CNC programmer (best friend) to custom cut you whatever broke. lol
As far as the rear end There is this thing called (air locking a rear diff) which I recon would have to incoorporate using an air pump, some hardware and drilling into the rear end. (rough cost 500-600), when you want it locked you would engage the pump which would in that case pressurize the clutches in the rear engaging them fully.
This would be more of a track only drag race set up cause they rear would overheat being locked all the time (I guess 1-2 passes back to back would not destroy it right away).

If you break axles.... DSS would become your friends pretty fast since they really want your money for this bottomless well money and hope fed project.

Update......
Transmission got opened and it might have even less than 72k on it!!! Baller Score.
I am getting a Z1 front case to be able to use my 2005 KPRO speedo mod since the CRV transmissions have the sensors in the back kinda like A1 type. (All while not being sure about this). lol

So if i understand right, I am going to still have the rear sensor not being used of course and the front one on the front case that will be Z1 case but its okay since I think that back ones are the only ones different due to a T-Case hole.
I will be making this transmission 6 speed and we are going to use a 6th off a 2006 Honda Si If i recall correctly it would be .689 as opposed to a .719ish not sure.
A little better cruising speed.

The only thing I had to order was a 3-4th gear shift fork from Acura part number 24210PNS010..... for $73 and it will be here Friday.
Trans will most likely be finished early next week and ready for a drop.
I will get some pics and detailed parts as to what is necessary for converting to a 6 speed from my transmission guy.

StrictlyMT the best Honda and K trans guy in the Tampa Bay Area!! Props.

Okay..... K member..... can't find one to save my life from an Element or a CRV and the ones I find are crazy 450-700!!!!
I would also lose my Poly rear mount and have to sport a shitty CRV rear mount.
I am modifying the rear mount mounting plate on the Kmember once the trans is out to use my poly one... Not going to let this dumb kmember stall me anymore I am ready to get it done.....!!!!!

After the car is running take it to the drive shaft shop and say... " Here is this part.....(driveshaft off a CRV) make it fit under that car....., (after a blank stare) AWD RSX.... I say, ITs ready trust me.
Doesn't look like AWD will be very friendly for my setup. I am afraid i will be constantly breaking the drive train... and seems like finding these parts not only aren't easy but also aren't cheap. That shit will get old quick.
At this point, i am almost considering just swapping my power plant onto an MR2
Old 09-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #69
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANonJUAN View Post
Doesn't look like AWD will be very friendly for my setup. I am afraid i will be constantly breaking the drive train... and seems like finding these parts not only aren't easy but also aren't cheap. That shit will get old quick.
At this point, i am almost considering just swapping my power plant onto an MR2
turn the rsx into rwd like that dude back in 2004-2005 that there was some conspiracy against and was banned and all traces of his posts physically removed from the site. he used s2000 stuff, custom stuff, and a few other random parts.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #70
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
turn the rsx into rwd like that dude back in 2004-2005 that there was some conspiracy against and was banned and all traces of his posts physically removed from the site. he used s2000 stuff, custom stuff, and a few other random parts.
That'd be awesome... but i am not sure s2000 parts would hold any power either lmao...
We'll see man... the MR2 seems to be the easiest swap for going fast with this motor...
Old 09-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #71
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Quote:
That'd be awesome... but i am not sure s2000 parts would hold any power either lmao...
We'll see man... the MR2 seems to be the easiest swap for going fast with this motor...
don't you have to put a ton of money into them to keep the frame from twisting in half? i always heard the chassis needed strengthening in them above 300whp.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #72
57trim

Juan if you are making a lot of power than you are rigght you might as well leave it FWD.... I am only making 500 and mainly race the streets.... I wanna have a fast street car, track is easy.

This AWD set up would be a disadvantage at the track for sure sue to its weight and possible breaking.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #73
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
don't you have to put a ton of money into them to keep the frame from twisting in half? i always heard the chassis needed strengthening in them above 300whp.
Didn't know any of that stuff... I'd have to research it when the time comes.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #74
dc5_rmnb

Quote:
Like most cars of course you'd have to upgrade or at least reinforce the supporting parts for the additional power. If he is doing all custom fabrications and mods for this project i doubt he will have any answers till its done. And even then i imagine there woulda been a lot of chopping and welding to get it done, its not like hes making individual parts out his factory so no telling how much the parts will take. Hopefully it'll be great, cant wait.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #75
57trim

Okay lets get this party on the road soon!!
Diff with the 3-4 fork

Thats the latest on this project./..... transmission job probably next week.

Last edited by 57trim; 11-27-2014 at 08:22 PM..