New DC5 Member - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
DC5_Nation_Integra

DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
New DC5 Member

What's up guys, and gals (if any). My name is Bryan and I am a college student from NC. After about a year or so of looking, I finally purchased an RSX this past Sunday. Unfortunately it is not a Type S. It is however, stick and in pristine condition. My RSX is an O3, 5 Speed, and completely stock. It currently has 144XXX miles but has been well taken care of and runs great for a car that is 16 years of age. I plan to mod my car somewhat and would like any ideas on what to buy for my car to make it look better and run quicker/stronger. I am starting by getting my car to the point where I think it looks good, not saying it is ugly but a few purchases can make it look so much better. I'm not too big on the stock wing so I bought a Type R wing which will be arriving sometime next week. I also purchased some new headlights since the stock ones are getting somewhat rusty. Many might call me a ricer but I did buy a wink mirror for this car. I think it will look good but I guess I wont know until I actually install it. I am also wanting to change the wheels, not sure what color to get though. Maybe black, its running on original 16". Any mod ideas or suggestions to improve the looks/performance of my car? Let me know what you guys think.

This is what my car looks like right now. I will be posting more pics as soon as I get the new wing and headlights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DC5 Front .jpg
Views:	19
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	548851   Click image for larger version

Name:	DC5 Rear.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	548853   Click image for larger version

Name:	DC5 Interior .jpg
Views:	20
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	548855  
DC5_Nation_Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
06-k20a2

06-k20a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 06-k20a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 06-k20a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 06-k20a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 06-k20a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 06-k20a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 06-k20a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 06-k20a2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My complete personal opinion. Many would agree many wouldn’t, just throwing my two sense in.
I wouldn’t try to do anything performance wise to it, to it it’d be a waste of money because at the end of the day it’ll still be an base a3 and unless you go crazy your won’t see results worth money.
It’s a clean car and if it was me I’d just put some wheels on it, give it some low. A lip to your liking and any little things you’d like and just make it a cool cruiser that turns a head or 2. Type r wing is a great choice, have a carbon one on mine. That’s just me it’s your car. Your money and at the end of the day, unless me or anyone else is paying for it then the only opinion that counts is yours. Here’s my fully built 06 type s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-k20a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
As mentioned above, you won't see any large improvements, but it being a waste of money is all based on perception. All of the Type S owners will tell you it's a waste of time and money, and most of us Base owners will tell you that there is a noticeable difference.

Rather than following everyone's opinion, I suggest you do your research. I'm not saying ignore what people tell you, but take things with a grain of salt. There's an entire sub-forum here dedicated to bolts ons for the Base.

https://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

My only other suggestion is do your suspension/sway bars before bolt ons. Doing I/H/E was worth it to me (I have an auto tranny by the way) but the suspension and sway bars really made things much more enjoyable.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My suggestion would be to get your paint looking as good as possible, and if any body work needs to be done, knock that out 1st.
Nothing worse than a modded car that the body looks bad, or has 3 different color panels.
Yours looks fine for what i can see, but if there is something little you know about, fix it.
I have tiny places i need done, and just knowing about it, bugs the hell out of me every time i walk to my car.
Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:07 PM   #5
DC5_Nation_Integra

DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Nation_Integra is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks for your opinion. I wasn't really planning on going too crazy on the mods, maybe jut a few things that would make my driving experience a bit more fun. What wheel colors should I get? I was thinking about all black or even black with a silver outline. I do plan on buying a black front lip and also one for the back. What are my alternatives to lowering the car, other than coil overs?
Old 03-22-2019, 07:11 PM   #6
DC5_Nation_Integra

How much are sway bars? What driving difference does it make? Ill keep in mind what others say. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #7
DC5_Nation_Integra

The overall condition of the car looks good. I was planning on painting it a different color but since the paint is still good, there's no point, it'll be a waste of money. I do have to replace a fog light and I will be replacing the headlights next week. The car will be washed pretty soon and ill make sure to keep it looking good. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #8
STL_Acura

STL_Acura is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx STL_Acura is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx STL_Acura is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx STL_Acura is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx STL_Acura is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx STL_Acura is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx STL_Acura is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx STL_Acura is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5_Nation_Integra View Post
How much are sway bars? What driving difference does it make? Ill keep in mind what others say. Thanks for your opinion.
From what I have seen you can get set for front and back for less than $90 or you get quality and they will run $180 a piece for front and back
STL_Acura is offline   Reply With Quote