SoHonda Garage's Circuit DC5 Build - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #76
SpoonME

SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SpoonME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Very nice updates, I love the craftsmanship of your custom parts. Especially on the EP3
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #77
SHG_EasyE
Master Member

SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks

HONDA TWINCAM WORKS
SoHonda Garage.

SHG_EasyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #78
EncoreDC5
Master Member

EncoreDC5 is on a distinguished road EncoreDC5 is on a distinguished road
good job man! loving the work

Old 12-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #79
SHG_EasyE
Master Member

SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SHG_EasyE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ive been putting in time on the car on my lunch breaks and for a bit after work most days. Ill have some updates tomorrow as well as over the weekend. Really gonna start moving now

HONDA TWINCAM WORKS
SoHonda Garage.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #80
RocknRolla

RocknRolla is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
nice work !!!...keep it coming

Mugen whoring with no money.
RocknRolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #81
EP303
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

EP303 is a rep WHORE
EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE EP303 is a rep WHORE
Subscribed
Old 12-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #82
SHG_EasyE
Master Member

Mike, Theresa, claudio and I spent the day getting a baseline number on the dynapack and tearing the car some more

Mike took a look air fuel while we did the pulls to make sure everything was looking kosher. After not liking what we saw we uploaded a map from a previous car Mike had tuned. He made a couple quick adjustments to flatten out the a/f and she put down a healthy 193/150. Without doing a full build on the motor were expecting to be in the 210 range. Fingers cossed!

Theresa checking out seat position and where we want to place the pedal and wheel accordingly, she will be driving the car in the Pro-IT series next season

We ended up removing the hatch, moonroof, dash, cowl and wiper motor and some more seam sealer. Theresa and Clauds also got all the tint off the rear window which was a huge pita...

HONDA TWINCAM WORKS
SoHonda Garage.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #83
SHG_EasyE
Master Member

Heres the Dyno graph from last week...

Most recently Mike and I put in some time on the car last night and got the interior the rest of the way stripped out as well as pulled the engine and some other odds and ends.

HONDA TWINCAM WORKS
SoHonda Garage.

Last edited by SHG_EasyE; 12-17-2011 at 12:01 PM..
Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #84
Vik DC5
HellaFlush..I dont care/

Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though Vik DC5 is cool, not as cool as some though
Wow nice build
Old 12-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #85
bobdigi8404
Luxury Tax Experts

bobdigi8404 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
wow. mad skillz. def subscribed
Old 12-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #86
honda-rsx-5656
インテグラ DC5

honda-rsx-5656 is on a distinguished road honda-rsx-5656 is on a distinguished road
great job man

MIDWEST CREW
honda-rsx-5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #87
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
Heres the Dyno graph from last week...
IIRC this is tuned with KPro, I assume it is abone stock K20A2? What kind of tweaks did you make? VTEC crossover? Did you change the cam angles from the original values?
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #88
alexEF
Master Member

alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexEF is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Moar updates!
alexEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #89
SHG_EasyE
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5 View Post
IIRC this is tuned with KPro, I assume it is abone stock K20A2? What kind of tweaks did you make? VTEC crossover? Did you change the cam angles from the original values?
The car was equipped with Kpro, buddy club race header, RBC, and injen intake when we bought it. The only thing we changed before the baseline run was switched out the RBC for stock since it is not allowed per the class rules. We have no idea what map was on the car and I seriously doubt it was ever actually tuned considering what we saw when we did the few pulls we did.

Air fuel was super lean, so all we did was bring that down between 12 and13% just to be safe while doing the baseline runs. We also dropped Vtec crossover to 4k, but those are the only changes we made. We didnt touch VTC or ign timing. I feel that we will end up around 210whp after some head work and a good tune.

HONDA TWINCAM WORKS
SoHonda Garage.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #90
black dc5
Master Member

Quote:
The car was equipped with Kpro, buddy club race header, RBC, and injen intake when we bought it. The only thing we changed before the baseline run was switched out the RBC for stock since it is not allowed per the class rules. We have no idea what map was on the car and I seriously doubt it was ever actually tuned considering what we saw when we did the few pulls we did.

Air fuel was super lean, so all we did was bring that down between 12 and13% just to be safe while doing the baseline runs. We also dropped Vtec crossover to 4k, but those are the only changes we made. We didnt touch VTC or ign timing. I feel that we will end up around 210whp after some head work and a good tune.
Oh, that's too bad about the RBC. I do remember the BCRH benefitting from a lowered VTEC point. I remember first adding the BCRH, I had to add at least 25% fuel in the 4-6k range before it stopped hitting lean cut. I think I did find 4k VTEC point, but I settled on 4.5K in case oil psi wasn't as good at 4K on my car.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #91
SHG_EasyE
Master Member

Yeah we will be looking at oil pressure in the data acquisition during shakedown to determine what we need to be careful of, if anything. We'll be doing extensive baffling and running a high oil level to be proactive against pressure drops.

HONDA TWINCAM WORKS
SoHonda Garage.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #92
slate13530

slate13530 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Congrats!

I know this build will not disappoint!
EP Crew #6
slate13530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #93
purcell1
Master Member

purcell1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purcell1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purcell1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purcell1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purcell1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purcell1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purcell1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx purcell1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
this is sick
Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #94
I♥myDC5
Because Boobs.

I♥myDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by failwheeldrive View Post
Are you uncircumsized? If so, I wanna slip my dick in your foreskin and masturbate with it. ily
I♥myDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #95
black dc5
Master Member

Quote:
Yeah we will be looking at oil pressure in the data acquisition during shakedown to determine what we need to be careful of, if anything. We'll be doing extensive baffling and running a high oil level to be proactive against pressure drops.
Oiling was the weakness of mine and why I decided to stop until I take care of that. Hasn't happened lol. I had an oil psi warning light the last few track days, at 25 or 30psi, it would light up every corner. And I usually filled it up 1/2qt over full at the track.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #96
Davizzle
So BOM!

Davizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Davizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Davizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Davizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Davizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Davizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Davizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Davizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Subsribed! SICK BUILD!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #97
SHG_EasyE
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5 View Post
Oiling was the weakness of mine and why I decided to stop until I take care of that. Hasn't happened lol. I had an oil psi warning light the last few track days, at 25 or 30psi, it would light up every corner. And I usually filled it up 1/2qt over full at the track.
Ha that's funny because our Miatas run between 30 and 50 psi always, except idle which is usually 8-16 LOL. It baffles me how shitty those cars are but are still put on a pedestal by so many. Anyway, is your pan baffled? Especially the timing chain area. We will be running a clockwise motion sump baffle with custom timing chain baffling.

HONDA TWINCAM WORKS
SoHonda Garage.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #98
black dc5
Master Member

Quote:
Ha that's funny because our Miatas run between 30 and 50 psi always, except idle which is usually 8-16 LOL. It baffles me how shitty those cars are but are still put on a pedestal by so many. Anyway, is your pan baffled? Especially the timing chain area. We will be running a clockwise motion sump baffle with custom timing chain baffling.
I was talking about the K20A2, never baffled, which is mainly why I stopped taking it to the track. The Miata has no issues with oiling except under heavy braking, but I'm not seeing enough Gs yet. I hope you're not talking about the Miata being shitty!?! If so do tell, because I prefer driving it on AND off the track any day of the week. On my home course, my Miata is officially faster than my RSX, tire for tire... with half the power.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #99
SHG_EasyE
Master Member

I had no problems with Miatas until I started working for a team that maintains and runs 14 of them. I honestly hate them lol. No offense but from the electrical to the engine and transmission they're the poorest engineered cars I've ever dealt with.

Seems as though your dc5 could use some more work on setup. At limerock which caters To low hp cars a properly setup dc5 on r compounds is 1-2 seconds faster than a spec miata. That is on roughly a 60 sec lap.

HONDA TWINCAM WORKS
SoHonda Garage.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #100
recon23

recon23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx recon23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx recon23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx recon23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx recon23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx recon23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx recon23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx recon23 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wow this is amazing.....keep up the good work....I am actually boys with Dre (silver ep3) from Ct...Gonna have to make it out to one of the SHG meets this coming year
recon23 is offline   Reply With Quote