**Official What's Wrong with your RSX right now thread** - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
overlap king
Lick it or Flick it

overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with
**Official What's Wrong with your RSX right now thread**

Searched around for a little while didn't come across a thread like this, so everyone list up whats broken or needs to be fixed on your rsx right now, at this very moment. Big issues or small issues post them up!

Just curious to see what other issues or problems other people out there are going through.

I'll start:

- Radio wont work (possible short)
- Rear camber alignment
- SRS light (DIY didnt work for mine)
- Interior dome light
overlap king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
F-BOM
Resident hater

F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though
2nd gear took an indefinite vacation
F-BOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
overlap king
Lick it or Flick it

overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with overlap king is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BOM View Post
2nd gear took an indefinite vacation
Ouch, all to common issue unfortunately

Old 01-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
sport102
faster then you!

sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
my cmc took a indefinite vacation
sport102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
F-BOM
Resident hater

F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though F-BOM is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by sport102 View Post
my cmc took a indefinite vacation
easy fix
Old 01-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
sport102
faster then you!

sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sport102 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
easy fix
parts will hopfully be in stock tomorrow.. ordered the 01 civic cmc
Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
F-BOM
Resident hater

i used the same one. quick tip, unbolt the hardline from the frame and tranny and bolt the cmc in before connecting the line. makes it way easier than connecting the line then trying to put it in.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
AznKirby
Are you 20/20?

AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AznKirby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My fog lights don't work
If there's one thing I'm bad at, it's wires .. Now I don't even know what's wrong with it.. Sigh
AznKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Xander
Stupid Long Manatees

Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though
Too much. Right now I can't actually identify the noise coming from my engine
Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
F-BOM
Resident hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Too much. Right now I can't actually identify the noise coming from my engine
i got a weird noise too after my clutch install
Old 01-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
R-SeX

3000 is on a distinguished road
CEL comes on once in a while (Throttle Position Sensor)
Rear trunk actuator not working
Trunk is blue (I'm too broke to paint)
Dent on top of rear left wheel well (people can't park their stupid SUV properly)

Last edited by 3000; 01-15-2012 at 11:22 PM..
3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
sport102
faster then you!

Quote:
i used the same one. quick tip, unbolt the hardline from the frame and tranny and bolt the cmc in before connecting the line. makes it way easier than connecting the line then trying to put it in.

was kinda wondering why they have you take the cmc out before u take the hardline off.. seems incorrect because then you have to physically hold the cmc with your hand to keep it steady and chance cracking the hardline
Old 01-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #13
F-BOM
Resident hater

Quote:
was kinda wondering why they have you take the cmc out before u take the hardline off.. seems incorrect because then you have to physically hold the cmc with your hand to keep it steady and chance cracking the hardline
you cant disconnect the line with the cmc still in. there's a retaining clip you take out to disconnect the line from it and you cant reach it with the cmc still in the car. i ended up putting the clip back in through the backside. you'll see what i'm talking about when you get it.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #14
Drop2inch
[Insert Title]

Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
believe my endlinks are shotted and halfshaft heatshield is loose again
Drop2inch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #15
overlap king
Lick it or Flick it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznKirby View Post
My fog lights don't work
If there's one thing I'm bad at, it's wires .. Now I don't even know what's wrong with it.. Sigh
I rocked non-working fogs for a while. What makes you think its wiring? Are both not working or just one?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
sport102
faster then you!

Quote:
you cant disconnect the line with the cmc still in. there's a retaining clip you take out to disconnect the line from it and you cant reach it with the cmc still in the car. i ended up putting the clip back in through the backside. you'll see what i'm talking about when you get it.
hmmmm interesting
Old 01-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #17
sport102
faster then you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop2inch View Post
believe my endlinks are shotted and halfshaft heatshield is loose again
endlinks are like 25bucks for stock replacements on Clubrsx store
Old 01-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #18
Drop2inch
[Insert Title]

Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Drop2inch might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
endlinks are like 25bucks for stock replacements on Clubrsx store
nah not driving much lately so im letting it sit for now. I'll wait for my payment to come in and swap to progress swaybars with hotchkis endlinks
Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #19
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
Battery dies really easily. Supposedly it died on the alignment rack then a CEL popped up.

It's gone since then, but still WTF.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #20
Drop2inch
[Insert Title]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackystride View Post
Battery dies really easily. Supposedly it died on the alignment rack then a CEL popped up.

It's gone since then, but still WTF.
wow that's strange... have you checked the terminals to see if there could be some sort of sign that could cause the battery to discharged?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #21
overlap king
Lick it or Flick it

^^ That is very strange. Possibly a grounding issue
Old 01-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #22
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
Not yet, but maybe because it's really cold here? Had the HIDs on for 10 mins, then went to start the car up and the battery was dead. BTW, this was after the alignment rack, so second time.

Don't think the HIDs kill the battery that fast. I do have my subwoofer wires hanging in the hatch since I took my sub out. The ends are taped off with electrical tape, but could that be an issue.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #23
Drop2inch
[Insert Title]

back when i had my s2k, i had my subwoofer cable hanging freely in the engine bay without taping off the end. Didnt really have a problem in the winter or anything at all. (but here in CA, winter is about 35F lowest)...

Your alternator could be going bad as well hence why the battery might die so quick =o
Old 01-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
Mike K
It's turbo time kids

Mike K is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I have a lovely smell of burning oil whenever I have the heat turned on.

Oh yeah, and my AC condenser acquired a lovely hole and drained upon mounting my intercooler.

Ahh, the joys of going Turbo.
Precision Turbo SC5252E--Inline Pro Turbo Custom Log Manifold--Custom 3" Stainless Downpipe--3" KTeller piping with N1 Muffler--Precision 650cc's--Golden Eagle Fuel Rail (Blue)--Fast-Turbo Oil Return Line Kit--Walbro 255--Tial MVS 38MM Wastegate--HKS SSQV Blowoff--Hondata 4-Bar--Hondata Boost Control Solenoid--CC Stage 2 Clutch--Drop Engineering 75a mounts--Custom Intercooler kit (greddy replica)--Glowshift Boost, Oil Press, and Temp Gauge--Glowshift 3-gauge A-Pillar
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #25
Early_Bird
Straight Subtle.

Early_Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Early_Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Early_Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Early_Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Early_Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Early_Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Early_Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Early_Bird is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Shifting starting to feel more and more sloppy. While shifting from 2nd to 3rd 30% of the time it tries to go in 5th This is while shifting causally using my palm.
To make sure I actually get into third I have to grip the lower portion of the lever (pretty much pistol grip) worn shifter bushings maybe?..

Oil leak around the right portion of the sub frame even after replacing oil cooler o ring and vtec solenoid gasket. Took it to the dealership couple months ago, for them to tell me it's not leaking?? Since then there subframe still sort of moist?
Early_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote