**Official What's Wrong with your RSX right now thread** - Page 33 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #801
Thewrai6th

Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thewrai6th is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
177K, OEM radiator cracked at the top seam. Have a Mishimoto on the way.

List of procrastination items:
Right front shock squeaks like an old Chevy truck on every bump. Probably needs some lubrication.
Climate control panel lights are dead.
Sunroof drains into trunk.
Thewrai6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #802
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewrai6th View Post
Sunroof drains into trunk.
That reminds me, I should probably get taillight gaskets. My wing nut holding the spare tire in place was so seized with rust that I had to break it off, leaving a tiny hole in the bottom of the trunk that I can see daylight through. I'll have to check that sunroof drainage system as well now to make sure it wasn't contributing.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:56 PM   #803
Dad
Master Member

Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
I'll take a broken RSX off of someones hands

Everyones Favorite Brit

My WTB Thread
Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2019, 11:47 PM   #804
DankBlue03RSX

DankBlue03RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DankBlue03RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DankBlue03RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DankBlue03RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DankBlue03RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DankBlue03RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DankBlue03RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DankBlue03RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So I recently had problems with my VTEC solenoid, got a new one put it on and it ran good for a day or two and began to act up again so I was ok I know it runs off oil pressure so I put a quart of oil in it and ran good until tonight check engine came on and I can’t go over 4K rpm. Anyone got any idea what’s the problem?
DankBlue03RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #805
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I had that 4k limiter problem and replacing the VTEC solenoid solved it.

Take it to a shop with a proper diagnostic scanner (something less vague than what AutoZone checks codes with) and it should be able to narrow it down for you.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #806
Dafirsdon

Dafirsdon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dafirsdon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dafirsdon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dafirsdon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dafirsdon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dafirsdon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dafirsdon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dafirsdon is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You check your trans fluid? I had a Honda that wouldn't go into third very easily because my trans fluid was very low. Had a leak on one of the input shaft seals. My RSX also was a pain to get into third sometimes. Even grinded sometimes. Changed my trans fluid to amsoil full synthetic. Been rolling with that for about 25,000 miles now. No sticks or grinds since.
Dafirsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #807
Tks0326

Tks0326 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tks0326 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tks0326 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tks0326 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tks0326 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tks0326 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tks0326 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Tks0326 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
03 Base 206k miles just bought about a week ago..CEL codes p1166 (which I'm almost sure a new o2 sensor would fix) and p1076? (Which I think might not be right bc I can't find anything on it..maybe I heard the advance auto guy wrong) Also tranny whining..those are the big ones. Lots of little issues:
-fuel door latch sticking
-passenger side window detached from clips
-srs light on
-glove compartment latch broken
-locking lug nuts, no key (smh)
-Intake hose completely torn (already replaced)
-shifter knob loose

I didn't know what I was getting into but for ~1000 bucks I can't complain it runs and drives really good..welcome to the club I guess?
Tks0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #808
ABear2

ABear2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ABear2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ABear2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ABear2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ABear2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ABear2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ABear2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ABear2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Pulley broken. Can’t find an exact sized replacement all bolts holes on any replacement pulley I’ve seen are to big where it will cause wobble. I have a 2002 RSX Type S. Any ideas anyone? I’m an amateur trying to figure this out so I can get back to upgrading my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17666EEB-CB86-4720-9B21-82E89C5917ED_1563414408981.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	730.5 KB
ID:	549899  
ABear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:28 AM   #809
CyborgGT
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Going over the car and coming up with the to-do list...

@ 239,000 miles:
- stock intake elbow is torn almost half way around at the throttle body
- driver side LBJ is clunking (it's seized into the LCA, and the clunking happened after trying a few different tools to separate it)
- Now I'm noticing the other side's LBJ starting to squeak
- serpentine belt looks like it needs replacing; idler pulley is making noise
New belt is in hand (the correct size, this time) and complete OEM tensioner assembly is on the way. I'll probably tackle that job next weekend.
- windshield definitely needs replacing; not cracked, just covered in tiny rock chips
- got an oil leak, I don't know where from. Oil pan is always covered when I do a change, but it's not enough to show up on my garage floor
- should probably check/set valve lash
- CEL for the cat has been on forever; still passes emissions
This has to be done before registration in October, so the cat and O2 sensors should be done very soon. Or maybe I'll figure out where the road side emissions tests are and drive by as many as possible between now and then hoping I get a fast-pass exemption, haha.
- center lights (the ones that light up the little pictures) for the three climate control dials are all out
- lights for the PRNDL-cator by the shifter all went out at once, but I never liked them anyway... need to get a multimeter to just go through all my fuses
- I've had Stop Tech stainless lines sitting around forever; need to get around to that install, as well as new fluid. Handbrake could use tensioning
- brakes squeal even though there's still plenty of pad thickness (Hawk HPS); probably just glazed rotors
brakes aren't squealing anymore, but the pads are wearing...
- Energy bushing install needs finishing
With the LBJ swap, the fronts are all done now, at least.
- needs alignment, but I need to get a front camber kit, install those bushings first, and I also want to get rigid collars before aligning as well
- A/C hasn't worked in years
- paint/body badly needs work; I'll probably re-clear the carbon hood and do some temporary rust repair this spring, but I want to redo the whole car in Champ White at some point so the rest will wait
Well, if you can call it "re clearing." I attempted to paint it with rattle cans, screwed it up, and sanded it back down to primer. Now what I've got is some weird primer-carbon fiber camo going on with a nice clear coat over it
- one of my wing mirror lenses cracked in two places from the cold a few winters back; really I'm just holding off until my respray, when I replace both sides with Spoon mirrors
- Found a DSM mirror at the junkyard and threw it on, only to find out that it's heated and won't plug in. It's installed and the glass is hand-adjusted, but I suppose now I'll have to get a complete heated mirror system...
- steering wheel is peeling, but I'm eventually doing some kind of two-tone with the stock black and grey interiors, so I'm not yet sure which color to replace the wheel with
- speakers and deck need replacing
- passenger door lock actuator is dead
- trunk lock actuator is intermittently dead
- window tracks need lubricating
- all-season tires need replacing; I'm on snows now because of a sidewall bubble in the A/S's
Got new tires for the OEM 17s. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.
- Clocking on the driver-side projector has been very slightly off level for a while (accidentally messed that up when I was working on them), I need to get around to straightening that out so my lights are even again.
Making a little bit of progress, and adding some new things that need attention. Mileage is now somewhere in the 249,xxx's!

Old 08-14-2019, 11:27 PM   #810
Kino562

Kino562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kino562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kino562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kino562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kino562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kino562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kino562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Kino562 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I replaced my my clutch now my car won’t start any ideas? I went back through and checked all wires of damage and made sure they were connected and clean as well as the ground on the bell housing. I tested spark after new plugs and it was good but the car didn’t wanna start. It was trying to backfire through the cai, I replaced the crankshaft position sensor and still nothing🏻 Any help would be appreciated!!
Kino562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:43 PM   #811
rsx-s03

rsx-s03 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Temp guage moving on its own when idling, goes past half. temps reach about 224F before fan kicks on.. I have KTUNED FAN SWITCH. is it my thermostat? coincidence? as i just replaced my OEM rad with a aftermarket replacement, non oEm.
re-bled system too..

something in my valvetrain that sounds like ROD KNOCK.. not sure what it is.. you can hear it very lightly though...compression test (wet & dry) can tell me more??

steering knock when moving wheel left and right, mostly at standstill and while reversing or going forward from complete stop... axles? or steering rack going bad?

My Youtube channel
My Showoff thread: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1115986
rsx-s03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #812
Bag of Hammers

Bag of Hammers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bag of Hammers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bag of Hammers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bag of Hammers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bag of Hammers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bag of Hammers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bag of Hammers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bag of Hammers is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Picked up my '02 Type-S at an auction last Thursday, been uncovering ghosts ever since. Got a small exhaust leak, only hear it over 6k rpm. Right CV boot is cracked, gives the oil filter directly above it a nice greasy feel. Front bumper is currently held on by zip ties and gorilla tape. Radiator is bent but apparently not cracked. Stereo was missing, got an original Honda head arriving in the mail shortly. Shift knob split into two pieces when I tried to tighten it down, but I've got a knob from my old Celica that will do for now. Miraculously, that's about it. Runs like a dream. Any advice on exhaust repair/replacement appreciated, not sure what I'm doing about that just yet.
Bag of Hammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #813
rsxs333

rsxs333 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxs333 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxs333 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxs333 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxs333 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxs333 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxs333 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxs333 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
i got a second car and it got jealous said f you and started knocking the first time i drove it after.
rsxs333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #814
Apollo2020

Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
02 Base rsx, around 238k kms

I get vibrations on the steering wheel when I barely press on the gas, also sometimes accelerations would be slow but rpms would be high.

valve adjusted, plugs changed, @ 200k - throttle body, iacv cleaned / cable tightened recently

May have lower compression in 3rd cylinder, I don't remember the numbers.

Any ideas?
Apollo2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #815
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo2020 View Post
02 Base rsx, around 238k kms

I get vibrations on the steering wheel when I barely press on the gas, also sometimes accelerations would be slow but rpms would be high.

valve adjusted, plugs changed, @ 200k - throttle body, iacv cleaned / cable tightened recently

May have lower compression in 3rd cylinder, I don't remember the numbers.

Any ideas?
I think your clutch is acting up. As it slips the rpms would go up and it could also vibrate through the drive shaft. Vibration could be a few things, but clutch sounds worn out. The low compression can also shake at low RPM as it lugs the motor.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:40 PM   #816
Apollo2020

Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko16 View Post
I think your clutch is acting up. As it slips the rpms would go up and it could also vibrate through the drive shaft. Vibration could be a few things, but clutch sounds worn out. The low compression can also shake at low RPM as it lugs the motor.
I have a base auto

So tranny going?
Apollo2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #817
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo2020 View Post
I have a base auto

So tranny going?
If you give it the gas and the RPM's move up without the car moving it's a good guess that it's going out.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #818
jkwasy

jkwasy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jkwasy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jkwasy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jkwasy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jkwasy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jkwasy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jkwasy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jkwasy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
4K rpm bogging and sputtering.

Here's the situation played out;
•Following a car around a long bend around 3800-4000rpm in 4th for about 5-8 seconds.
•At the end of this my car now bogs down like it's ready to shut down if I surpass 4000rpm, in any gear.
•After I shut down the car and restart it, everything is totally fine.

This has happened only twice in the month I've owned it, but it was the exact situation on the exact same turn when it happened.
jkwasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #819
Cjones5050

Cjones5050 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cjones5050 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cjones5050 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cjones5050 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cjones5050 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cjones5050 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cjones5050 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Cjones5050 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My battery light has taken a special place on my F-in dash. No solution yet. There's a whole post about it I made earlier before anyone throws out solutions. Lol
Cjones5050 is offline   Reply With Quote