Track *Chat* Part III - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #26
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
^I thought that was only in the front?
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #27
initiald3s

initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx initiald3s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
^I thought that was only in the front?
Rear also runs a wider rotor/hub.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=755228
initiald3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:50 PM   #28
MITeggy17
El Chapo

MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
A x8.5 +50 is going to sit on the rear trailing arm. We ran x9 +54 on the rear of my car and it was scraping the rear trailing arm, and the 8.5 +50 is going to set in another 2mm. It's going to be difficult to get away with that wide of a tire without rolling the quarter panels...

And yes, I have ITR hubs on my car.

ThePremSociety | Stella | Team Tuna | Infamous O.G. | G.O.A.T
MITeggy17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #29
DC5Rmike

DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Is it possible to fit 245/40/17 on the back without rolling the quarter panels? Right now I have -1.5 of rear camber and they'll be mounted on a 17x8.5 +50. I'd prefer to not roll fenders and quarter panels if it's not necessary. Prolly gonna buy 245/40/17 for the front. Was gonna put 225/45/17 on the rear, but I'd prefer to run a square set up for the street so I can rotate tires to extend their life. I've still got those 17x7.5 RPF1s, so I think I'll just mount some cheap 215/45/17s on those to use in the back for gymkhana events.
my buddy is running 8.5 +50 rear 245/40, we had to roll his arch. he now has a 5mm spacer on there. The car sits so good.

Im also on a 8.5 +50 rear but with a 225/45 (track use). Main thing is it clears the arm just fine. My guess is a minor roll would be needed for a 225 too as the inner lip seems to point downwards on these cars, mine have a slight pull

both cars have about -1.5 rear camber.

back at the track on wednesday too, cant wait

Last edited by DC5Rmike; 10-17-2016 at 05:05 PM..
DC5Rmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #30
MITeggy17
El Chapo

MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit MITeggy17 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
I suppose I stand corrected...

ThePremSociety | Stella | Team Tuna | Infamous O.G. | G.O.A.T
MITeggy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #31
DC5Rmike

DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Rmike is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You are forgiven brother.

10mm more innner clearance than the 9j +54 ( which actually cleared the arm until i got loads of toe in when cornering)
Old 10-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #32
Dr.Honda
1 of 1

Dr.Honda is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
On the ITR, you can get 17x9 +54 to clear the rear trailing arm with enough negative camber. Unfortunately though, most people probably don't have enough front camber to really justify running enough rear camber and maintaining a good handling balance. Other aspects of the car could be changed to compensate but doesn't seem worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
The Chota Spec in this chat is over 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowrex View Post
Doug builds his motors according to chota spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I guess there can be only one full Chota Spec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITeggy17 View Post
Imma Chota Spec dat ass
Dr.Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #33
DC5Rmike

Thats true.

If i wasn't so attached to this car id be in a front and rear double wishbone car for sure.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:44 PM   #34
warmmilk
Fat Free

rear is basically double wishbone in the RSX... front is more important in my book, especially in a FWD car
Old 10-17-2016, 11:50 PM   #35
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Rear of the DC5 is multilink trailing arm. It always has been despite Honda calling it wishbone since like 1985. I found a Honda press release from the '80s where it was showcasing the wishbone rear suspension on the new and improved Civic versus the old strut suspension of the Civic CVCC. The only difference between the two was Honda added three links to the new Civic. My friend brought up a good point when he said that any car can have trailing arm suspension, but only exotic cars have wishbone suspension. Calling it wishbone was just an obvious marketing ploy considering the fact that you kinda have to have at least one wishbone for it to be wishbone suspension. There's not a huge difference between the DC5 rear suspension and the 8th gen Civic rear, but Honda decided to call that multilink instead of wishbone. What's my point? Don't take the word of car manufacturers because their decisions are controlled by their marketing and legal divisions.

Back to the wheels. I have 225/45/17 RE71Rs mounted on 8j +50s right now and they clear just fine. I have plenty of room between the wheel and rear trailing arm right now, but that pinch seam in the wheel arch is massive and I maybe have 5mm clearance between that and the tire. I'm gonna break out a tape measure and then head on over to a wheel calculator site this weekend, but it's looking like I'll either have to stick with 225s or buy a fender roller
Old 10-18-2016, 12:24 AM   #36
warmmilk
Fat Free

the important part is short upper arm and longer lower arm for camber gain on compression. I guess strictly speaking double wishbone is something like the s2k has at A shaped arms. In my opinion it doesn't really matter what it looks like... I mean the DC5 doesn't even have a separate toe arm. in my book for something to be a multilink it needs at least 4 arms (upper, lower, toe, traction rod)

back to wheels
Is there a reason why you're so against rolling fenders? its really easy..
Old 10-18-2016, 02:25 AM   #37
azngotmilk
Lakers gonna lake

azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though azngotmilk is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Did you have to pull the fenders at all to fit 255s under there? I'm wanting to go with the 245s cause I don't know how the 255s will fit and I don't really want to mount 255s on a 8.5" wheel. Also I'd like to keep my fender liners and fenders as they are.
255 fits just fine in the front 17x8 +38. I even ran a fenderliner until i hit something on the freeway and it ripped one side off
The rears with the 225 fit just fine as well. No rubbing at all front or rear.
I do have front and rear fenders rolled though.

I once had 255/40/17 starspecs on the rear and it was rub city
azngotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:51 AM   #38
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
back to wheels
Is there a reason why you're so against rolling fenders? its really easy..
I like keeping things unmolested.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #39
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
its not like its anything visible...
Old 10-18-2016, 03:37 PM   #40
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
So don't mod your car.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #41
Bath Tussue
Master Member

Bath Tussue is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
*me looks at the mod list in that link in your signature*
Old 10-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #42
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copafeel87 View Post
So don't mod your car.
There's a difference there. With most car mods, you can always go back. Rolling the lip on your quarter panels is pretty much permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath Tussue View Post
*me looks at the mod list in that link in your signature*
You should see the stack of receipts I have from Honda that I've acquired since buying the car =P
Old 10-18-2016, 05:13 PM   #43
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
There's a difference there. With most car mods, you can always go back. Rolling the lip on your quarter panels is pretty much permanent.
but why would you even need to go back with fenders?
Old 10-18-2016, 11:10 PM   #44
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
but why would you even need to go back with fenders?
Fuck if I know, but I just don't like doing things that are permanent out here because I rarely hang on to cars longer than a year on this island. They're always either getting sold off, or stripped and junked. Hell, in the 10 years I've been here, this Integra has been the longest I've owned a car. If it's something that has to be done then so be it, but I'd rather try to see if there's a way around it first. Also, I'm extremely lazy when it comes to fender rolling. Usually I just use a big hammer and then smooth it out with the roller, so the paint always suffers, but then again the paint on this car was shit from the factory to begin with. It has like 1 layer of paint and no clear coat.

But yeah back to the mods thing, I never would have went the route the previous owner went. He hydrolocked the original engine and decided to go retarded with it because government contract job and he's not a driver. I think he just likes having a cool car for bragging rights. I would have just bought a new engine from Honda (~$5k) if I were him. In hind sight, I should have said hell no to this car and bought a stock '98 spec DB8 ITR or a stock '05-'06 DC5 ITR, but I bought this car and now I'm kinda stuck with it bleeding my wallet dry.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:43 PM   #45
warmmilk
Fat Free

'98 DB8 ITR? Doesn't '98 make it a DC2? And here you were hating on DC2's saying the DC5 is better, haha
Old 10-19-2016, 05:00 AM   #46
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

DC5 is better. DB8 is the 4 door ITR. I have a 3 year old and coupe as a daily driver got old about a week after I bought the car.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #47
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Toyo R888R?!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....888R&tab=Sizes
Old 10-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #48
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copafeel87 View Post
looks like the NT01 tread pattern
Old 10-20-2016, 12:13 AM   #49
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Might be able to swing 245/40/17 in the back without having to roll the quarter panels. Right now the seam is actually hanging over the tires. I have a finger gap between the seam and tire and haven't had any issues with rubbing, and the 245/40 is like 6mm shorter in height than the 225/45. Think I'll do some measuring on Saturday.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #50
Dr.Honda
1 of 1

Dr.Honda is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
DC5 is better. DB8 is the 4 door ITR. I have a 3 year old and coupe as a daily driver got old about a week after I bought the car.
Not a fan of the FD2R? Not saying anything against the DC5 or DB8, but it's another option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
The Chota Spec in this chat is over 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowrex View Post
Doug builds his motors according to chota spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I guess there can be only one full Chota Spec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITeggy17 View Post
Imma Chota Spec dat ass
Dr.Honda is offline   Reply With Quote