Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Whats The Best Setup

Tags
setup
684 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  dang-m3 
#1 ·
i want to get either a wet or dry kit for my car, im want to run a 50 shot on there. i have a 04 si, with header, intake, and exhuast. just want to know what brand kit to get and dry or wet? and anyone know how safe a 50 shot would be? thanks, post, im here everyday. :driving:

#5 ·
Dry kit is just spraying Nos into ur motor. Wet kit is mixing it with fuel and air i believe, but i know it mixes it with fuel. Wet kit is WAY safer than a Dry. NOS itself is not safe, but if you must squirt, go with a wet setup. BTW, if ur only gonna run a 50 shot, and only track use, you shouldnt be worried about anything. Let me know how that turns out.

Oscar

#6 ·
showbo said:
Dry kit is just spraying Nos into ur motor. Wet kit is mixing it with fuel and air i believe, but i know it mixes it with fuel. Wet kit is WAY safer than a Dry. NOS itself is not safe, but if you must squirt, go with a wet setup. BTW, if ur only gonna run a 50 shot, and only track use, you shouldnt be worried about anything. Let me know how that turns out.

Oscar
well, close, but not quite.

Dry uses the return line/pressure regulator to get more fuel. Wet directly connects to the fuel line and sprays along side the nitrous. I'm accustomed to wet, alpha is the dry n2o junkie for this topic.

Without the programmable k-series ecu ( k-pro ), you cannot run dry. Both wet and dry require more fuel, they just have different methods of getting it.

NX and nos are about the same, hell a bit ago, i think holley bought nx. :dontknow: But wet is the way to go for your small, but potent shot.

I'd suggest you read the sticky in here though. Some safety devises would definatly help your chances of keepin that motor in one piece. ( window switch, gauges, stage colder plugs )

#7 ·
ok cool, thanks for all the help on this, thinkin about doing the hondata reflash before i go with a spray to improve abit more. i will start my search of kits for my car, last time i went to shop they wanted $600 for a nos set up (not including install) so i will be doing along side a guy from my work, he has 9 sec station wagon that has a 150 shot going to it (would ask him these question but he knows nothin about hondas or anything other then V8 setups) but he did install his own set up so i figured he would be the best to go to if im DIY. any more info i should know before start? :wavey:

#12 ·
sprayedrsx0003 said:
i want to get either a wet or dry kit for my car, im want to run a 50 shot on there. i have a 04 si, with header, intake, and exhuast. just want to know what brand kit to get and dry or wet? and anyone know how safe a 50 shot would be? thanks, post, im here everyday. :driving:
my two cents worth,,,,, i love my zex kit... you can read all about it in a zex nitrous sticky..... pictures and everything,,,, also some do's and do not's in the install... i run the 75 shot which some ppl say that its like a 55 shot on other systems,,,,,,but man it will put a smile on your face....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.