Converting the RSX to RWD. - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #26
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57trim View Post
Yea kinda look into how S2K mounts are configured its a good thing it has mounts rear and front.

Wont be that bad given that a subframe is being made so it can be configured any way wanted.
Yes sir. The bellhousing adapter plate has like two "ears", one on each side, to be used for mounting the motor and trans... so i just gotta build some kind of support up on the front of the engine and then the transmission cross member.
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.5@165 / 1.28 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #27
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANonJUAN View Post
You can always use a junkyard 5.3 or 6.0 engine... they seem to hold 600whp~ just fine.
The power glide typically goes faster than most other transmission, given that both cars have the same power.
I was looking at the 6.0L truck blocks because I need some low end torque until my blower kicks in.

How far into this research process are you? I'm really interested to see how you are going to pull this off.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #28
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
There is a fair amount of research to do... but it's not something crazy like piecing together all the stuff for the AWD swap. Now that i know that someone makes the custom pieces to to bolt the trans to the car, with a flex plate and any converter for a glide.. that takes away a big amount of guessing. The rest will be custom work and we shouldn't need much research.
Things that i know will be custom:
*Custom made chromolly k-member with motor mounts. Will most likely retain stock knuckles and front suspension.
*Cutting firewall for transmission tunnel.
*Steering rack: A guy that did the same thing to his civic said he was about to keep his rack in the stock location, if that doesn't work i will use a ford rack or even a custom rack and make previsions for it on the k-member and put the rack under the engine like most RWD cars.
*This transmission has really no electronics other than the speed sensor... and an aftermarket transbrake, which should all be simple to wire in.
*Rear end will be all custom labor involved. I will run a smaller fuel cell in the trunk and make room for the rear end and mini tub.
*Rear suspension will be all done at the same time the car is getting cut up for rear end and back half.
*Driveshaft: that will be custom length but power glide - to - Ford 8.8" rear end is a super common combo so there are driveshafts available, they just have to be cut to my length specs.
* Intake manifold: Since the RBC will be facing backwards once the engine is turned around, i can either use a stock s2k manifold, a Magnuson mani that they offer for RWD k-series, PRO-JAY makes one also (this is what I'd love to do, but they're expensive lol), and there are a few other options.
As for the header, same thing... it would have to be custom built... and i know the perfect guy locally that can do it. I know for sure it will be T4 lol... i will go ahead and also upgrade the intercooler and max out the 67mm turbo. I'd like to see over 800whp through the automatic, which would be over 900whp on a manual.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #29
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
There is a fair amount of research to do... but it's not something crazy like piecing together all the stuff for the AWD swap. Now that i know that someone makes the custom pieces to to bolt the trans to the car, with a flex plate and any converter for a glide.. that takes away a big amount of guessing. The rest will be custom work and we shouldn't need much research.
Things that i know will be custom:
*Custom made chromolly k-member with motor mounts. Will most likely retain stock knuckles and front suspension.
*Cutting firewall for transmission tunnel.
*Steering rack: A guy that did the same thing to his civic said he was about to keep his rack in the stock location, if that doesn't work i will use a ford rack o
r even a custom rack and make previsions for it on the k-member and put the rack under the engine like most RWD cars.
*This transmission has really no electronics other than the speed sensor... and an aftermarket transbrake, which should all be simple to wire in.
*Rear end will be all custom labor involved. I will run a smaller fuel cell in the trunk and make room for the rear end and mini tub.
*Rear suspension will be all done at the same time the car is getting cut up for rear end and back half.
*Driveshaft: that will be custom length but power glide - to - Ford 8.8" rear end is a super common combo so there are driveshafts available, they just have to be cut to my length specs.
* Intake manifold: Since the RBC will be facing backwards once the engine is turned around, i can either use a stock s2k manifold, a Magnuson mani that they offer for RWD k-series, PRO-JAY makes one also (this is what I'd love to do, but they're expensive lol), and there are a few other options.
As for the header, same thing... it would have to be custom built... and i know the perfect guy locally that can do it. I know for sure it will be T4 lol... i will go ahead and also upgrade the intercooler and max out the 67mm turbo. I'd like to see over 800whp through the automatic, which would be over 900whp on a manual.
Sounds like a solid plan. All that would be left is rerouting fuel, vacuum and coolant lines, new charge pipes and lots of fab work on the chassis.

Is the plan to start pulling it apart over the winter(even though you have a warm one)?
Old 11-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #30
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
Sounds like a solid plan. All that would be left is rerouting fuel, vacuum and coolant lines, new charge pipes and lots of fab work on the chassis.

Is the plan to start pulling it apart over the winter(even though you have a warm one)?
Yep, the cold side piping should be very easy for any shop to fab. I will have this local dude that has some amazing welding skills make me all the piping along with the header and intercooler. Should look very legit.
The fuel system will be the same pumps and all, i just have to delete the stock tank and put a fuel cell in the trunk.
I going to cage it while we're at it, and take out any weight i can from just about anything. I want to keep the dashboard and sound system so that it's somewhat streetable for the usual weekend shenanigans, but i believe most of everything behind the passenger seat will be sheetmetal covered by carpet I'm going to remove all the sound deadening, i still have the fire blanket behind the dash and the heater core... all that has to go. The EVAP crap under the car needs to go as well even though i know it doesn't weigh much.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #31
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Badass Juan and good look, Sir! I have not heard of any RWD RSX, but I do recall a Sun*Works member who made his integra into a RWD V8. Sharing for situational awareness...

http://www.teamsunworks.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17899
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:06 PM   #32
monjarassi
RealTalk

monjarassi has a clean start monjarassi has a clean start monjarassi has a clean start
Yup that teg is local seen it

PTE 6266 turbo EP3 built motor

speedlab.net for all your tuning needs!!

**1st Ep3 with K2nd billet shifter box**
monjarassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #33
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

That's pretty bad ass for sure. I'll keep mine K-powered though.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #34
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

This is an auto trans already mounted to the K series
Old 11-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #35
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey hey there dont dog my tcase there!!! Juan that boss as hell... See guys therr are regular people and people like me and Juan who do amazing...., fuck amazing but stellar shit that no one has balls to pull off or maybe interest in such a thing. But granted things dont always work out when racing everyone is acting like they never broke anything specially on a Honda. I have personally broken a transmission so how it that different than 2 rear diffs that i broke. Weak parts break and get replaced by better stuff like the diff got replaced... My tcase breaks...? The issue will be dealt with. CRSX should be happy they got memebers like me and Juan and people should stop speculating what will or wont break but hope that they last... At least for us, your fellow extreme DC5-ers.... Rant.... Great job once more Juan
57trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #36
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57trim View Post
Hey hey there dont dog my tcase there!!! Juan that boss as hell... See guys therr are regular people and people like me and Juan who do amazing...., fuck amazing but stellar shit that no one has balls to pull off or maybe interest in such a thing. But granted things dont always work out when racing everyone is acting like they never broke anything specially on a Honda. I have personally broken a transmission so how it that different than 2 rear diffs that i broke. Weak parts break and get replaced by better stuff like the diff got replaced... My tcase breaks...? The issue will be dealt with. CRSX should be happy they got members like me and Juan and people should stop speculating what will or wont break but hope that they last... At least for us, your fellow extreme DC5-ers.... Rant.... Great job once more Juan
I agree with this. And this isn't particularly in reference to you Steve, but more so all the negative people... but what good is it to sit there and be like "Oh that is going to break, it will not hold this or that power, such and such part will explode, yada yada..." You dont have to support it, but if you're going to be sitting on the sidelines at least stay quiet or be a little more positive. It's pretty easy to sit there and point fingers at things you don't like or you'd do different or wouldn't do at all.

Last edited by JUANonJUAN; 11-21-2014 at 08:07 AM..
Old 11-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #37
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

^ LOL
I will be taking it apart and assembling everything.. i just don't know how to weld... so all the custom and fab work will be done by my buddy's shop. Believe me, i don't have the money to hand someone the keys and be like "call me back when she's ready to fire up, i wanna be there". No. Other than the fab work, all the putting together or taking apart will be done by me. Matter of fact, I'm off tuesday and i will start pulling the motor, trans and a bunch of miscellaneous out on my own... by myself in my garage. When i get enough parts so that he can design the k-member, i will then trailer the shell to him and go to his shop to work on my car. Simple.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #38
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Not saying that my car will be on this level any time soon... but looks like they're doing alright ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=691sfyD2mdU

Again, i am not trying to build a cruiser... but more of a purpose build... the car is going to get drag raced more than anything else. Track and street.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #39
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

^ you know it!
I'm buying the adapter plate and a built TH400 transmission next week.
Once i sell my PPG transmission that'll cover the rear end and a lot of the labor.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #40
monjarassi
RealTalk

monjarassi has a clean start monjarassi has a clean start monjarassi has a clean start
Dis gonna be good

PTE 6266 turbo EP3 built motor

speedlab.net for all your tuning needs!!

**1st Ep3 with K2nd billet shifter box**
monjarassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #41
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
Dis gonna be good
Hopefully sir, hopefully.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:33 AM   #42
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
^ you know it!
I'm buying the adapter plate and a built TH400 transmission next week.
Once i sell my PPG transmission that'll cover the rear end and a lot of the labor.
PM me a price on the PPG, my buddy has been waiting for a set
Old 11-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #43
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

I'm selling the whole transmission already assembled and everything.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #44
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
I'm selling the whole transmission already assembled and everything.
Pretty sure thats what he is looking for. He blew out his 1-2 and top half of his case a few weeks ago at the track.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #45
STREET ETHNICS
Sleepers Crew!

STREET ETHNICS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Clear your pm's and check your paypal.

2002 wrx wagon= Freshly rebuilt and rolling hard.
STREET ETHNICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #46
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

^ done.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #47
WooTIHaveATypeS
PPG Krew

WooTIHaveATypeS Golden Rep Whore WooTIHaveATypeS Golden Rep Whore
WooTIHaveATypeS Golden Rep Whore WooTIHaveATypeS Golden Rep Whore WooTIHaveATypeS Golden Rep Whore
Juan I was just teasing you, whether I agree with RWD conversions on an rsx or not I'm sure it will turn out well and the drivetrain will take whatever you throw at it. Post vids once u get her to the track.

IG: shakeshaft_evox

Last edited by WooTIHaveATypeS; 11-25-2014 at 11:53 PM..
WooTIHaveATypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:57 AM   #48
STREET ETHNICS
Sleepers Crew!

STREET ETHNICS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Lets see some progress Juan and 57trim, your shits dope. Keep at it, I have an sti and still would love to awd my rsx at some point. Thanks again for the d/p Juan. Im just happy to see some older rsx owners giving our dc5's some love. I've had mine for 7 1/2 years and still love it like it's new to me. Lately, there's been a bunch of younger crowds getting a hold of these rsx's and it has been making me feel like selling mine. I hope to see updates, be safe bro's. Keep the thread on topic tho, lol. I don't want to have to go through 30 pages of arguing. CTFU. If you don't have positive input or want to see his progress, don't post. PLEASE...

2002 wrx wagon= Freshly rebuilt and rolling hard.
STREET ETHNICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #49
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
i was going to quote wootihaveatypes and say "my testicles are larger than yours" but it appears that 57 trim has crunk it to 11... so no need.
juan, you're still a homoseckshul.
Man... out of all this arguing and shit, you brought a smile to my face
Quote:
Originally Posted by STREET ETHNICS View Post
Lets see some progress Juan and 57trim, your shits dope. Keep at it, I have an sti and still would love to awd my rsx at some point. Thanks again for the d/p Juan. Im just happy to see some older rsx owners giving our dc5's some love. I've had mine for 7 1/2 years and still love it like it's new to me. Lately, there's been a bunch of younger crowds getting a hold of these rsx's and it has been making me feel like selling mine. I hope to see updates, be safe bro's. Keep the thread on topic tho, lol. I don't want to have to go through 30 pages of arguing. CTFU. If you don't have positive input or want to see his progress, don't post. PLEASE...
No problem man. I believe the guy at the postal office said it should get there by Dec 1st.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #50
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
alright, did a little cleanup in here...

Attention:
this is a tech thread in a tech subforum.

1. there will be no thread shitting.

2. there will be no retaliation to thread shitting by insulting the other party.

3. it's juan's thread, if he wants to go off topic about something, so be it. other people can follow his lead in that, but do not go off topic yourself, or post non-constructive criticism. this is his thread to document his experiences and findings.

^ that is the line in the sand i've drawn, if people want to cross it, there will be punitive action taken against them.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote