Track *Chat* Part III - Page 20 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-18-2018, 01:34 AM   #476
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Considering like everything needs to be replaced on this DB8, I'm totally down with new and reliable. Speaking of which, I currently hate driving so much that I want to set this DB8 on fire.

No clue what's gonna happen with my back, but I'm going to set up an appointment with a doctor and find out what my options are because I have no desire to wait and find out if my body decides to suck the disc back into my spine.
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2018, 03:53 AM   #477
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
thats how I feel about my bmw right now... hence the new purchase...

good luck with the back...

Pacific Raceways 1:41.07|The Ridge 2:01.48
In an NC Miata
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:49 AM   #478
latenitedc5

latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
maybe swaybars down the road since they don't effect ride quality. although offsets are really close to my Miata, so I'll be able to put my Miata wheel/tire setup on the car with a small spacer and do a couple track days a year...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_mGAYoCtQ
Warmmilk, bring that Si to the track with me on Sept 22. I need a track buddy. But I'm a noob and never been to RMP.
latenitedc5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2018, 04:39 PM   #479
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenitedc5 View Post
Warmmilk, bring that Si to the track with me on Sept 22. I need a track buddy. But I'm a noob and never been to RMP.
who's hosting the track day? I'll more likely come in the miata, I have some shifting issues to figure out in the Si.. that and nobody makes track pads for it for some stupid reason...

In an NC Miata
Old 08-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #480
latenitedc5

latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Turn2
Hoping it doesn’t rain that day.
latenitedc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #481
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenitedc5 View Post
Turn2
Hoping it doesn’t rain that day.
I'm planning on going with track nights on the 13th as long as the weather holds up, I'll be in my miata tho

In an NC Miata
Old 09-18-2018, 11:25 PM   #482
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I must say, driving an old Type R around with my herniated disc fucking sucks. Getting really tempted to sell it for $10k and buy an Accord Type R (TSX kind of Accord).
Old 09-19-2018, 04:26 AM   #483
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
^ My back hurts a bit after driving my type S as well. But I think it's cause the seat is just really old and doesn't have any padding hardly left.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #484
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
I must say, driving an old Type R around with my herniated disc fucking sucks. Getting really tempted to sell it for $10k and buy an Accord Type R (TSX kind of Accord).
I vote Toyota Century

In an NC Miata
Old 09-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #485
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
I vote Toyota Century
Can't afford that road tax. 5.0L V12 would be like $1000 a year just in road tax.

At this point in my life, I highly regret having sold the DC5. That car was actually pretty comfortable to be in. Then again, I doubt I even have the strength in my left leg to push that car's retardo stiff clutch in. I have enough problems with the stock clutch on the DB8. Have to wear my safety boots when I drive now because the extra weight and sole height helps.
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #486
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Can't afford that road tax. 5.0L V12 would be like $1000 a year just in road tax.

At this point in my life, I highly regret having sold the DC5. That car was actually pretty comfortable to be in. Then again, I doubt I even have the strength in my left leg to push that car's retardo stiff clutch in. I have enough problems with the stock clutch on the DB8. Have to wear my safety boots when I drive now because the extra weight and sole height helps.
dude if you're having these sorts of issues why not get a second daily strictly for comfort... auto... soft suspension... non bucket-y seats... then keep your fun car fun...

In an NC Miata
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #487
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Cause then I gotta pay road tax for two cars. Only have two parking spots at my apartment anyways, and the shop I rent is pretty full already. Besides, I hate having a boring daily driver, and driving automatics makes me feel dead inside.

There's two CL7s listed for sale on Okinawa. I'm gonna try to test drive one just to see if I like it. I need a more modern car, but I don't want to buy one as I'll quickly remember why I got the DB8 in the first place. The Integra has a really low cost of ownership and everything I want for it can be easily found as an off the shelf solution. Not much of anything is available for the CL7 (which is probably a good thing).