Em2 sway bar hitting skunk2 race header - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > Vendors > Forum Threads
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-03-2018, 02:45 AM   #1
Silver_Teg

Silver_Teg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Silver_Teg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Silver_Teg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Silver_Teg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Silver_Teg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Silver_Teg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Silver_Teg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Silver_Teg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Em2 sway bar hitting skunk2 race header

A month ago I purchased the em2 25mm front sway bar from kseriies parts for my rsx so it could clear the header, as soon as I was putting everything together the header did not fit against the sway bar. I have a skunk2 Alpha race header. The top of the header was being forced against the top of the sway bar almost as if there was stress against the header on the sway bar, I read everywhere that it would clear it, did I do something wrong? I found the the stock rsx header fits the header better then the em2 sway bar because the top is not forced against the header there's like a little tiny paper this gap that it's not stressed on the sway bar. Did I do something wrong with the em2 swaybar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
xthundersz

xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xthundersz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I got the same problem. However i dont want to pay more for this junk shitty header. What you need to do it to change your motor mounts OR buy an adjustable end links. I’ll have my junk2 remove next week. GL.

Solution:
Replace motor mounts OR get an adjustable end links
Old 01-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
fjlisy

fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'm in the same boat right now with my alpha series header and em2 sway bar.
I bought adjustable endlinks and they do not help and aftermarket motor mounts.
I do have a k24/k20 motor though , I just emailed ultra racing about their sway bar and asked if the hoop is bigger on there's then the em2.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #4
brandon1495

brandon1495 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx brandon1495 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx brandon1495 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx brandon1495 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx brandon1495 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx brandon1495 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx brandon1495 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx brandon1495 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
In for update I hear adjustable sway bar links is the best solution. Im in between getting the Skunk2 or ktuned. Ktuned clears no problem but has other problems that Iíve read. Only problem skunk seems to have is fitment issues. Hope the adjustable end links work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
fjlisy

fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fjlisy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yes i just got hotchkins endlinks , they're alot longer then whitelines and bigger. My skunk2 header now fits on my rsx with those endlinks. But they rub on the unibody now because the studs protrude far out so I'm going to have to cut that part on the unibody. It also makes alot of noise when hitting bumps because of the studs on link, but anyways good luck. K tuned is alright, I don't like the slipjoints they leak..