Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

JRSC belts & pulleys: please discuss it here

52K views 819 replies 63 participants last post by  iamsyko 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know a lot of us JRSC guys having or had problems with our belts and pulleys and a lot of time we hijacking other threads because of it, so I thought it was a good idea to start up on a thread just about jrsc belts and pulleys. The thread is not only for current jrsc peeps but also for the newbies as well so they won't get us frustrated asking the same question over and over again.

I'll start off with one question, I read around and found a member who is using a goodyear 070775 belt which is 7 rib and 77.5 inches long. I tried a dayco belt that was 77.5 long and it wasn't even anywhere close to fitting onto the 3.4 pulley. The dayco 78.9 belt fit extremely well for the purpose. What I want to know is that anyone else tried the goodyear 77.5 long on a 3.4 pulley or is it because different makers make belt a little bit different in length.

TT

#604 ·
you guys not going to believe it, I spoke to Keith earlier and he kinda makes me curious if my pulleys aren't align right. So I got home and measured the pulleys and guess what? The blower pulley sticking out to the the passenger side too much so I guess I need some spacers for the power steering pulley. Now I know why when I first got the charger, my belt jump to the driver side. I guess this whole time it doesn't jump anymore even tho they are out of alignment because the belt been on tight this whole time. Wow my pulleys are out of alignment this whole time and the RSX still spank butts :).

#605 · (Edited)
tt061880 said:
you guys not going to believe it, I spoke to Keith earlier and he kinda makes me curious if my pulleys aren't align right. So I got home and measured the pulleys and guess what? The blower pulley sticking out to the the passenger side too much so I guess I need some spacers for the power steering pulley. Now I know why when I first got the charger, my belt jump to the driver side. I guess this whole time it doesn't jump anymore even tho they are out of alignment because the belt been on tight this whole time. Wow my pulleys are out of alignment this whole time and the RSX still spank butts :).
LOL stand right in front of your P/S pump and see if it's perfectly squared up with you. Sometimes the P/S pump would tilt also. This was seen on Brock's car also. Washers/spacers would cure your alignment problem, you can even get them at any auto part stores. I think the thickness is 0.030". Are they sending you a new tensioner also?

Lanman did you get your tensioner today? Where are the pics? I'm suppose to get mine on thursday or friday at the latest.

#610 ·
#612 ·
I just talked to the sales guy. He is aware of the new parts and he said its in production currently. Not really sure how much he knows but thats what I heard. I need to order my kit but I want to wait and see how things are working out with the new parts for someone that already has the supercharger.

#613 · (Edited)
Well, just got back from picking up my car with the new tensioner bracket, etc. 20 something miles and so far so good. Not a lot of chances to boost because of rush hour traffic, but...

I took a few pictures, click on the link below "Pictures and mod list..." and go to bottom of Page 2. Sorry for the quality because they were taken with my camera phone, it's all I have available.

Thanks again to Keith for taking care of us! :thumbsup:

#617 ·
seriously, I cant see a thing...

#622 ·
i VieTEC said:
Lanman did you get your tensioner today? Where are the pics? I'm suppose to get mine on thursday or friday at the latest.
ç

i got the UPS shipping notification yesterday and it says its to be delivered today .... either way i´m gone in Europe right now until Oct.1st so... i´ll post pics when i get back .. it will be waiting for me.

then i´m going to install JR race header, the new tensioner and then hit the tuner again. 300hp here i come!

btw, what meets and stuff do you go to? I wanna see your setup on the base.... :bow:

#624 ·
Is the bracket on top(the tubular one) new as well. Mine is rusted like a son of a gun. Also, my tensioner has rust on it, so mine must be steel. Guess I'm lucky I got the first kit. I'm still on my original belt running 9 psi and 20,000 miles.

#626 ·
lanman2000 said:
ç

i got the UPS shipping notification yesterday and it says its to be delivered today .... either way i´m gone in Europe right now until Oct.1st so... i´ll post pics when i get back .. it will be waiting for me.

then i´m going to install JR race header, the new tensioner and then hit the tuner again. 300hp here i come!

btw, what meets and stuff do you go to? I wanna see your setup on the base.... :bow:
What meet are you talking about? I haven't been to any meets in a long time. I'm waiting for a 3.4" pulley to get it tune by Doug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.