Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Interior neons

1K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  raheel616 
#1 ·
My neighbor is buying me interior neons for xmas. She told me to just get them and she'd pay for them. Im putting one on either side under the dash and am wondering what sizes to get and how hard the install is to do on my own. Also, where did you guys put a switch for power of whatever. Lil help please...

#5 ·
My neighbor is like my second mom. She wants to help me hook up my car and loves the look of interior neons and said shed buy them for me, so what am I gonna say, NO? I think it'd look decent and for free....And she lets me use her hot tub with my g/f, oh what a wonderful neighbor.... :spin:

#6 ·
05 Type-S said:
My neighbor is like my second mom. She wants to help me hook up my car and loves the look of interior neons and said shed buy them for me, so what am I gonna say, NO? I think it'd look decent and for free....And she lets me use her hot tub with my g/f, oh what a wonderful neighbor.... :spin:
my neighbor sucks... dam u -_-

#7 ·
Interior Neons

neons? go to oznium.com (www.oznium.com/cathode-kit) get the cold cathode ones. they are bright as hell & 12" (brighter than any neon will be). one slight challenge tho.... the wiring going from the transformer to each neon (come in pairs) is about 8-10 inches long. so you'd wanna find a way to put the transformer in the middle. like behind the stereo on the floor. but, each kit is only like $6.50, plus 3 bucks in shipping. so even if they dont work under the dash, youre not out a lot of $$$$ & i'm sure you'll find a place for 'em. that site has a lot of great neon stuff. i bought a 7 color LED underbody kit from 'em. and i had 2 sets of the cathodes in my 02 Ram before i got my rsx. put 'em under the seats, they lit that cab up pretty well. got a lot of compliments on the interior neon & the underbody kit. :thumbsup: good luck!!

#11 ·
Kringkily said:
U RICER!!!!!! :bow: only do neons for shows man. otherwise u look like a fool when i pull up next to u and all u have is red illumination in ur car and i laugh. only for show bro. and if u install em underbody, thats illegal so keep it inside if u do hehehe PEACE :wavey:
so everyone that gets neons is a RICER???? to much fast and furious for you buddy. if you have them on at a meet they look clean. Second if you roll up on WDsonny who has underbody neons and you tried to race him you would get smoked by the JRSC. alot people on here have go and show :driving: :driving: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: peace

#13 ·
How hard do you guys think it would be to wire some white (interior) neons up to the dome light, so they come on when the door is open?
I think i could just look at the compustar diy installation thread and figure it out, but maybe somebody on here has already done it. I'm not a big fan of neons/underbody, but i think it'd be kinda cool having white neons come on in the car when the dome light is on.

#14 ·
First off....I am showing the car next summer. Its not going to be anything special but Im going with a local club that wins almost every show they go to ( www.wrteam.com ). I was going to wait until i have alot more done to do lights, but hey, they're free, would you turn down free stuff? If so, where do you work cause i need that kinda money...

#15 ·
I worked up in the Harrisburg area a few summers ago, there's tons of badass cars up there! Every other car was lowered, had a body kit, or at least had a fart can (i'm not saying that fart cans are badass). It got kinda annoying after a while seeing all those cool cars, but i think that's only because i was driving a pos carolla at the time.

#18 ·
stockmulletS said:
How hard do you guys think it would be to wire some white (interior) neons up to the dome light, so they come on when the door is open?
I think i could just look at the compustar diy installation thread and figure it out, but maybe somebody on here has already done it. I'm not a big fan of neons/underbody, but i think it'd be kinda cool having white neons come on in the car when the dome light is on.
u ever try super white bulbs first?
i spent a lot of money on a pair (can't find in my town) and i'm not too impressed 'cause really, they only come on not that often

how much power do these neons suck up anyways, because if ur working on ur car and u forget to shut them off they can really drain ur battery

#20 ·
><>ddr said:
u ever try super white bulbs first?
i spent a lot of money on a pair (can't find in my town) and i'm not too impressed 'cause really, they only come on not that often

how much power do these neons suck up anyways, because if ur working on ur car and u forget to shut them off they can really drain ur battery
I've got a blue LED in the dome light, so my interior lights up blue right now. And i was thinking if those cold cathode tubes are only <$7, why not try?

#21 ·
type-s054 said:
how about the street glow neons? are those any good?
You can put StreetGlow neons on your car in Need For Speed Underground 2, so that must mean that they're awesome, right?

#23 ·
duncan0802 said:
Hey the great part is they are free, and plus its your car not theirs so do what you want with it.
:iamwiths:
Rice or not, free is free, so take it.
It's hard to be on this forum alot and not be influenced heavily by everyone else's opinions (apperance, handling, performance, etc.), but the important thing is to just do what YOU like, and what YOU think looks cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.