Track *Chat* Part III - Page 26 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #626
latenitedc5

latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
zrt Motorsports touring car based out of Dubai (what they’ve told me) runs steering rack inserts to eliminate steering play, and rca to eliminate bump steer. They use AST 3-way and like 600lbs front/1200lbs rear.

The Ohlins and J’s racing coilovers are nice too because they incorporate a flat arm design. But then they would need revalving since their dampers off the shelf are paired with spring rates too low.
latenitedc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #627
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I had RCA on both cars and didn't have the steering rack inserts on either.

Revalving on Ohlins isn't too bad, thats what I have on my Miata. List price is 2k and I paid about 2700-2800 including new Swift springs and an adapter thats required for the NC application. That being said, I think BC can do flat arm if asked. I remember seeing that on someones car on here...

Pacific Raceways 1:41.07|The Ridge 2:01.48
In an NC Miata
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #628
latenitedc5

latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx latenitedc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Must be cheaper for the Miata then... I see the DFVs listed for 3000. A pair of swift springs each for 170. So that’s 340 plus whatever revalving service fee plus whatever tax and shipping.

Really? I’ve never heard of BC Racing doing that

*found them. They’re the bc racing type BR extreme drops with swift springs upgrade that are considered a custom build for higher than 16kg spring rates.
Nice price too. I honestly forgot about BC Racing but how good is their damping compared to the Ohlins DFV I wonder.

Last edited by latenitedc5; 10-09-2019 at 08:25 PM..

Old 10-10-2019, 01:29 AM   #629
warmmilk
Fat Free

I mean they're not Ohlins... but they're decent... everybody that has BC's seams to like them...

That being said, I don't think DFV's are worth 3k + revalve job

In an NC Miata

Last edited by warmmilk; 10-10-2019 at 01:32 AM..
Old 10-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #630
latenitedc5

I’m also looking into Buddyclub RSD for around 1,500 before a pair of swift springs and also the RS Evo 3-ways for about 2,500 before swift springs...

I think I need to work on braking later. My corner exits look pretty good though. A bucket seat is in high order. The Buddyclub P1 Limited are super light and very affordable.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #631
warmmilk
Fat Free

I'd go for the BC just for that steering arm... when the other choice is Buddyclub anyway... Buddyclub isn't anything special as far as dampers go...

and for a seat I recommend getting a brand that specializes in that, like Recaro or OMP or Sparco, etc... also go to 425 motorsports in Bellevue and sit in a bunch of seats in their showroom, different brands fit different people. Personally I found OMP to be the most comfortable (within my budget, Status seats are awesome but $$$). Don't buy the Planted brackets that 425 sells tho, buy PCI brackets.

In an NC Miata
Old 10-10-2019, 10:06 PM   #632
latenitedc5

Right, more companies should have designed it like that. BC Racing also make a 2-way I believe.

I’ve only sat in DC5Rs, EP3Rs, and rep buckets. I was just looking at the Sparco Fighter seats. Yeah I’ve heard Planted are super low.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #633
Rhas97

Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rhas97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey guys just to build on the coilover conversation, Im in the market to get a more serious but affordable coilover, I currently have BCs with off the shelf specs. I would like to get the flat arm variants with custom rates , 14kg F and 20kg rear. Would those be considered the custom extreme drop option from BC ?
Rhas97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:49 AM   #634
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenitedc5 View Post
Right, more companies should have designed it like that. BC Racing also make a 2-way I believe.

Iíve only sat in DC5Rs, EP3Rs, and rep buckets. I was just looking at the Sparco Fighter seats. Yeah Iíve heard Planted are super low.
PCI can usually go lower in most applications, I'm not sure about the RSX specifically tho cause I didn't have PCI. The reason I recommend PCI over Planted is that its easier to work with, doesn't require drilling, and I think its cheaper too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhas97 View Post
Hey guys just to build on the coilover conversation, Im in the market to get a more serious but affordable coilover, I currently have BCs with off the shelf specs. I would like to get the flat arm variants with custom rates , 14kg F and 20kg rear. Would those be considered the custom extreme drop option from BC ?
the whole slammed thing isn't my cup of tea, I don't know the best way to go about it.

In an NC Miata
Old 10-12-2019, 10:54 PM   #635
latenitedc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhas97 View Post
Yeah those would be custom and rates those high will require the Swift Spring option says BC Racing. For the dc5 you want a rear spring rate to be almost double the fronts to match the wheel motion rate. Is this a track only car?

I have been prioritizing other parts besides suspension and looking back at old photos there is a ton of body lean and I can feel the entire cars weight lift from one side when I’m cornering. Feels floaty especially Turn8B and 9 up the blind hill.
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #636
Bath Tussue
Master Member

Bath Tussue is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
What was your best time at the Ridge? I think the best I did on the RSX was a 2:06, but thats very much driver limited... about 5 seconds faster on my miata..
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenitedc5 View Post
2:02x... on 200tw RE71R street tires, Carbotech XP8 no BBK, base cal, and no aero. Search Antiherodc5 on YouTube for that lap. Somehow I forgot to tap start record on Harryís lap timer but I have the GoPro footage.

The car definitely has more in it.
You two make me sad with your times.
With turbo, I'm still only 2:02.96. That's with RE71R on the front.
Last time I went to the Ridge was in 2016 or so.
Bath Tussue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #637
Bath Tussue
Master Member

Bath Tussue is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
First and only track day of 2019, and I broke something in the transmission, after getting a personal best by 0.23 seconds.
https://youtu.be/nlWJUknpFg4
Bath Tussue is offline   Reply With Quote