Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

**Official What's Wrong with your RSX right now thread**

69K views 827 replies 392 participants last post by  Cass 
#1 ·
Searched around for a little while didn't come across a thread like this, so everyone list up whats broken or needs to be fixed on your rsx right now, at this very moment. Big issues or small issues post them up!

Just curious to see what other issues or problems other people out there are going through. :beerchug:

I'll start:

- Radio wont work (possible short)
- Rear camber alignment
- SRS light (DIY didnt work for mine) :(
- Interior dome light

#7 ·
i used the same one. quick tip, unbolt the hardline from the frame and tranny and bolt the cmc in before connecting the line. makes it way easier than connecting the line then trying to put it in.

#12 ·
was kinda wondering why they have you take the cmc out before u take the hardline off.. seems incorrect because then you have to physically hold the cmc with your hand to keep it steady and chance cracking the hardline

#22 ·
Not yet, but maybe because it's really cold here? Had the HIDs on for 10 mins, then went to start the car up and the battery was dead. BTW, this was after the alignment rack, so second time.

Don't think the HIDs kill the battery that fast. I do have my subwoofer wires hanging in the hatch since I took my sub out. The ends are taped off with electrical tape, but could that be an issue.

#23 ·
back when i had my s2k, i had my subwoofer cable hanging freely in the engine bay without taping off the end. Didnt really have a problem in the winter or anything at all. (but here in CA, winter is about 35F lowest)...

Your alternator could be going bad as well hence why the battery might die so quick =o

#24 ·
I have a lovely smell of burning oil whenever I have the heat turned on.

Oh yeah, and my AC condenser acquired a lovely hole and drained upon mounting my intercooler.

Ahh, the joys of going Turbo.

#25 ·
Shifting starting to feel more and more sloppy. While shifting from 2nd to 3rd 30% of the time it tries to go in 5th :confused: This is while shifting causally using my palm.
To make sure I actually get into third I have to grip the lower portion of the lever (pretty much pistol grip) worn shifter bushings maybe?..

Oil leak around the right portion of the sub frame even after replacing oil cooler o ring and vtec solenoid gasket. Took it to the dealership couple months ago, for them to tell me it's not leaking??:dontknow: Since then there subframe still sort of moist?

#26 ·
Subframe may always be somewhat moist due to the your oil filter being positioned where it is.

I had the same question as I used to have a leaking rear-main seal. A very small amount of oil may always be found on your subframe.

#32 ·
i got a interesting problem... my trans ..My wife drove my car to work called me said that 3rd gear was out so when she got home i took it for a drive and i could get 3rd if i held it in 3rd ..so i came home parked the car got back in later and when i put it in reverse and let off the clutch it was like the e brake was on it wouldn't move 1st,2nd and 5th n 6th all do the same thing.. also it will go in neutral and drive like its a gear and now i have 3rd and forth...its got me stumped

#34 ·
Seems to be using a 1/2 qt-1qt of oil every 3 thousand miles and I drive it like an old lady. (never seen vtec, no BS) Mobile 1 5-w30.

Air conditioning sometimes gets warm then goes back to cool. Heat sometimes get's cool while sitting and a light, then is warm as long as the car is moving. Coolant is good, thermostat seems to be functioning properly. Both radiator fans turn on and off accordingly. Freon professionally evac and replaced. Diagnostics came back clean. This is the damndest problem of all time.

Other than that the car is good, mostly because I can fix stupid problems.

#35 ·
The throw out bearing and springs on my clutch were giving way. She's getting a new clutch now. :face:

Just wish I had time to upgrade to a 1.5 or 2 but what can you do :dontknow:

My SRI keeps popping off since i swapped to PRB IM/TB set up. Bought a CRSX intake elbow in hopes of making it fit better. Gonna bust out the metal saw and modify a bit if i have to

#42 ·
This is a good thread:thumbsup:

Got a 4th gear whining noise happens only in gear between 2500-3500 rpm goes away when clutch is depressed or took out of gear. Might be mainshaft bearing :noes:
My megan racing coilovers both front pillowball mounts are clunking but got new pillowball mounts from megan the other day will be replacing.
Also have a annoying rattle noise sometimes when accelerating last time it was the upper ac line hitting my mugen strut bar.

#46 ·
#45 ·
too much negative camber due to previous owner dropping it on springs and it has the ugliest bodykit(front and rear bumper covers) that i have ever seen. also from the previous owner. looks like my timing chain tensioner cover is leaking also but hey 100,000 miles and still going strong. nasty dent on rear wheel well from some lame ass non driving dick in a parking lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.