Rsx idling has. - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-14-2019, 11:55 PM   #1
Alvad716

Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Rsx idling has.

I have a 2002 Acura Rsx type s. I have a aem air intake in it. And my car has been idiling like crap. I have been driving it around and if I drive around 2k rpms the car starts jerking bad. And shaking. I found a solution. If I plug the vacuum hose the one that goes into the manifold the car stop jerking. But then it sounds like the car is hesitating. I am not sure what is wrong with the car. I put a new idle air control valve and everything but it keeps idling up and down . Unless I cover that vacuum line.
Alvad716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
InTheZone

InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You say you have an idle issue, but then you say your car jerks when you drive as well? What about there's an issue that's affecting both and it probably has nothing to do with your idle air control valve and isn't idle related.

Do you have a CEL, solid or flashing intermittently?

Are you 100% certain all vacuum lines are routed properly/untouched?

Usually a bad IACV causes your idle to constantly fluctuate from low rpm to high, but since you said it jerks at 2000rpm that is something else most likely affecting idle as well.

In neutral does the engine hesistate/jerk when you slowly rev the engine up? Go from idle to max and it should be smooth, no bogging or jerking at any point.
InTheZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
Alvad716

Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alvad716 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Well when I’m driving it does jerk at 2k rpms. But if I block the vacuum line where the air intake goes it stops jerking at 2k rpms but then the engine sounds like it hesitates. Also my throttle pedal gets stuck sometimes. So that’s another issues and yes check engine is on for idle air control , 02 sensor, Evap. But I replaced all.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #4
Alvad716

At neutral it does not jerk or anything.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #5
InTheZone

InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InTheZone is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvad716 View Post
Well when Iím driving it does jerk at 2k rpms. But if I block the vacuum line where the air intake goes it stops jerking at 2k rpms but then the engine sounds like it hesitates. Also my throttle pedal gets stuck sometimes. So thatís another issues and yes check engine is on for idle air control , 02 sensor, Evap. But I replaced all.
1. Do you have a CEL right now for anything? I know you said you replaced all that, but I need to know if you have already reset your ECU after those repairs and did they come back? If a code came back you have another issue, most likely with wiring or a short.

2. You said in neutral the car doesn't jerk. Is this you letting the car run at idle and it doesn't jerk or are you revving it in neutral all the way to max rpm and it doesn't jerk?

Your throttle pedal getting stuck could very well be the reason why your engine feels funny. You may have a really dirty throttle body and you just need to wipe the outside edge of the butterfly flap inside so that it doesn't stick to the housing of the throttle body.
InTheZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #6
EP3A2
Master Member

EP3A2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Are you able to go passed 2k rpm? Or does the jerking max out at 2k?

Have you checked out the idle air assist valve? Sometimes they break and cause vacuum leaks. I deleted mine.

There are also 2 vac lines to check: the one that goes into the intake manifold and the one that goes into one of the throttle body sensors. If either hose is leaking, that could be your issue.

Again though, any check engine light codes?
Old 03-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #7
Alvad716

All the codes delete except the o2 sensor one. And yes it idles good in netrual unless I’m driving and put in netrual then the rpms go up I’m down from 1 to 2. And okay I will remove the throttle body and clean it out .
Old 03-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #8
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You might want to start with getting that CEL resolved...
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote