Help with wiring near starter - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-15-2019, 11:31 PM   #1
Mako_RSX

Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Question Help with wiring near starter

Hello,

I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice. I am working on replacing my starter and in the process I pulled too hard on this cable (see the pictures). I missed that it had a plastic tab to disconnect it and instead pulled it and it popped apart as you can see. The part still attached to the engine seems to be something I could unscrew, but I didn't want to proceed without learning more.

Could I just reattach them or is this cable a part that I need to replace now, including the part still attached to the engine?

It's the cable that is "connected" to the back of the starter... as in, it runs along the back of it but isn't actually wired to it.

I welcome any advice on what to do next.

Thanks!

Caleb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	one.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	548779   Click image for larger version

Name:	two.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	548781   Click image for larger version

Name:	three.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1,015.7 KB
ID:	548783  
Mako_RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 11:32 PM   #2
Mako_RSX

Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mako_RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
BTW, pictures 2 & 3 are rotated 90 degrees to the left. I didn't realize that until I posted them just now.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:18 AM   #3
Pserkyt

Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Pserkyt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thatís your knock sensor. Just buy a new sensor and screw it in, the cable looks fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pserkyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 10:27 PM   #4
Mako_RSX

Thanks Pserkyt!

That was what I needed... bought a new sensor and I'm good to go.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ha, I did the same thing. Seemed easy until the whole end came off.