ArcticBlueAlex’s New Build: Its 2019 Don't Assume My Color Bro - Page 8 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-09-2019, 07:56 PM   #176
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrpham View Post
much cleaner, the red didn't go too well with the blue lol the subtle black looks good

Peter! 🙇‍♂️ The red was alright, the type r look is meant for some cars and set ups. This assortment needed the simple black and silver, cassies car can have that jdm ish.
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 12:31 AM   #177
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Like the direction your going. The turbo vtec manifold cover threw me off a little but other than that looks good! And fast I’m slowly hating California more and more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #178
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
Like the direction your going. The turbo vtec manifold cover threw me off a little but other than that looks good! And fast I’m slowly hating California more and more
I think the manifold cover is severely under-used, makes it more factory look but on the other hand the fiberglass wrap doesnt help either. Cars pretty quick, quicker than I care to drive especially in CA. I'm right there with you, cant wait to finish my business here and get out.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:58 PM   #179
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Phase 3:
Fix Issues; Coolant Leak, Idle, deleted cruise control
De-Rust, Clean and Refinish Engine Components
Refinish Plastics
Wiring; Remove audio wiring and install Retrofit harness

Replaced/Modified Parts:
- Tie Rods: EP3
- Coolant Lines: NAPA Weatherhead
- Shift Springs: Hybrid Racing
- Shift Cables: Hybrid Racing
- Valve Cover: USDM Wrinkle Coated
- Battery: OEM Honda

Coatings Used:
- VHT Flameproof Coating (2)
- Duplicolor Engine Enamel Cast Coat Aluminum (1)
- Duplicolor Engine Enamel Low Gloss Black (2)
- SEM Landau Black Quart (1)
- Tech Line Ceramic Coating

Estimated Time Spent ~74 Hours
- Parts Removal: >6 Hour
- Cleanup: 10 Hour
- Block Paint Prep: 4 Hours
- Block Painting: 2 Hours
- Bay Paint Prep: 8 Hours
- Bay Painting: 2 Hours
- Parts Paint Prep: 6 Hours
- Parts Painting: 5 Hours
- Installation: 10 Hours
- Troubleshooting: >6 Hours
- Parts Modification: 15 Hours

Lessons Learned
- Not all aftermarket parts work with aftermarket parts
- The phrase “nothing an cutoff wheel cant fix” was used far too much
- I like to take my sweet time
- The black and aluminum color scheme is way better than any Hype R look
- Learn to only commit to doing one thing, otherwise the project grows
- Fiberglass wrapped exhaust components is total itchy Bulls**t

Progress Pics

Old 06-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #180
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBlueAlex View Post
Phase 3:
Fix Issues; Coolant Leak, Idle, deleted cruise control
De-Rust, Clean and Refinish Engine Components
Refinish Plastics
Wiring; Remove audio wiring and install Retrofit harness

Replaced/Modified Parts:
- Tie Rods: EP3
- Coolant Lines: NAPA Weatherhead
- Shift Springs: Hybrid Racing
- Shift Cables: Hybrid Racing
- Valve Cover: USDM Wrinkle Coated
- Battery: OEM Honda

Coatings Used:
- VHT Flameproof Coating (2)
- Duplicolor Engine Enamel Cast Coat Aluminum (1)
- Duplicolor Engine Enamel Low Gloss Black (2)
- SEM Landau Black Quart (1)
- Tech Line Ceramic Coating

Estimated Time Spent ~74 Hours
- Parts Removal: >6 Hour
- Cleanup: 10 Hour
- Block Paint Prep: 4 Hours
- Block Painting: 2 Hours
- Bay Paint Prep: 8 Hours
- Bay Painting: 2 Hours
- Parts Paint Prep: 6 Hours
- Parts Painting: 5 Hours
- Installation: 10 Hours
- Troubleshooting: >6 Hours
- Parts Modification: 15 Hours

Lessons Learned
- Not all aftermarket parts work with aftermarket parts
- The phrase “nothing an cutoff wheel cant fix” was used far too much
- I like to take my sweet time
- The black and aluminum color scheme is way better than any Hype R look
- Learn to only commit to doing one thing, otherwise the project grows
- Fiberglass wrapped exhaust components is total itchy Bulls**t

Progress Pics

Last shot says it all! The outcome for all your work speaks in that shot!
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #181
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
That was satisfying and inspiring. I need to do something like this. Btw you are a real funny guy!! Hahah just spray everything aluminum ( alternator too ) man rofl looks HOT great job!

Old 06-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #182
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post

Last shot says it all! The outcome for all your work speaks in that shot!
It was worth it, the journey was the best part but having a finished project is also satisfying.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #183
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
That was satisfying and inspiring. I need to do something like this. Btw you are a real funny guy!! Hahah just spray everything aluminum ( alternator too ) man rofl looks HOT great job!

It's a PIA if your just doing it because you like the look. I enjoy the process and plus if I'm going to get carpel tunnel it's going to be from working on a car and not other activities. Tell you what, tapping in between those fins on the alternator was a labor of love. Shoulda just bought a new one.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #184
D_Rek11

D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey man how did you prep the valve cover for paint? Just sanding down and working through the different grits?
D_Rek11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #185
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Rek11 View Post
Hey man how did you prep the valve cover for paint? Just sanding down and working through the different grits?
Of all the valve covers ive owned and painted; this one is in fact powdercoated. I have done my daily integra with the VHT wrinkle paint.

Easiest and proven way to go about it.
- Air Craft Remover; removes all old paint and finishes
- Green scotchbrite followed by a red scotchbrite pad
- Alcohol prep
- Adhesion Promoter
- VHT Wrinkle Finish

or yes, go through 250 -> 500 -> 800 sand paper followed by alcohol prep and adhesion promoter
Old 06-14-2019, 12:31 AM   #186
D_Rek11

D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx D_Rek11 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Of all the valve covers ive owned and painted; this one is in fact powdercoated. I have done my daily integra with the VHT wrinkle paint.

Easiest and proven way to go about it.
- Air Craft Remover; removes all old paint and finishes
- Green scotchbrite followed by a red scotchbrite pad
- Alcohol prep
- Adhesion Promoter
- VHT Wrinkle Finish

or yes, go through 250 -> 500 -> 800 sand paper followed by alcohol prep and adhesion promoter
Thanks man, I appreciate the help!
D_Rek11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #187
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You gonna make it to that meet in August?

Pham's 6spd Base | IG: peterrpham
peterrpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #188
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrpham View Post
You gonna make it to that meet in August?

Theres a meet in August? I dont have the social medias anymore except the Facebook to buy/sell parts. I might make it depending on the day. Cars kinda meh looking also
Old 06-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #189
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
that is stupid clean

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #190
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
that is stupid clean

The level of clean is sooo dumb

Old 06-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #191
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Ohhhh sthap guys ~(˘▾˘~)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:08 AM   #192
LTRiggs

LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just read through the whole thread and wow awesome job! The only thing I'm missing is where is the interior love? Gotta throw some pics of your set up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
LTRiggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:29 PM   #193
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRiggs View Post
Just read through the whole thread and wow awesome job! The only thing I'm missing is where is the interior love? Gotta throw some pics of your set up

Interior is step 4;

Nothing too crazy, have done some cool DIYs that are necessary in my opinion and do an aspec trim install. Also trying to find a convenient location for my HVAC controls since the boost gauges are there. Otherwise than that I'm trying to keep it simple, i find its really easy to go overboard on these cars and no one wants that.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #194
LTRiggs

LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LTRiggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Interior is step 4;

Nothing too crazy, have done some cool DIYs that are necessary in my opinion and do an aspec trim install. Also trying to find a convenient location for my HVAC controls since the boost gauges are there. Otherwise than that I'm trying to keep it simple, i find its really easy to go overboard on these cars and no one wants that.
oh I can't wait now!
Old 08-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #195
LTRiggs

Any updates? this story from recovery to back to being a clean monster can't end lol
Old 08-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #196
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRiggs View Post
Any updates? this story from recovery to back to being a clean monster can't end lol
Well;
Since I put it back together I put about 400 miles on it. Drives great but does smoke some so I am currently working on flow and drain configurations for the oil. However here is a quick run down.

- went on vacation and sold the hood during it.
- driving without a hood, waiting on my new one
- lost a splash guard from being too low
- bought a mirror cover
- bought an EP3 eps unit, swaping currently
- Currently modifying OEM radio for an AUX
- neighbor backed into my ladys car
- Brother backed into the front bumper also
- working on that project with my little free time
- went from 3 cars to 1, so I'm walking alot lol
- mod funds will go toward paint for Aspec Kit

That's all I got to report

https://i.imgur.com/oTU0ksr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VvdRHo5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CCuzAuW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CCuzAuW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nOPmw0d.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GbM1ApX.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190810_073209_1565746684333.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	550159  

Last edited by ArcticBlueAlex; 08-13-2019 at 08:38 PM..
ArcticBlueAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:22 PM   #197
LTRiggs

Wow I didnt expect such a quick response!

It's coming along nicely man and I know must fund the project but walmart has super cheap single and double din radios with bluetooth like less than 40 and less than 100 respectively. I got the double din and only complaint is max volume is scratchy and for some reason some stations go out quicker now.

Also, imo I think what would complete your rear is to go 05-06 tails not sure if you already have the new rear bumper but I think it'd look sick!

Anyways tha is for the update! Always check back here for anything new, best of luck man!

Old 08-13-2019, 11:08 PM   #198
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

The one in pieces with the wing is my ladys car, it's an 02/04 with a updated front end conversion. As for the stock headunit, I never really cared for a double din or single din look, and my baller audio set up is home theater. I usually drive without music anyway.

Last edited by ArcticBlueAlex; 08-13-2019 at 11:10 PM..
ArcticBlueAlex is offline   Reply With Quote