PLEASE HELP! Trans won't go into gear when on. - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Transmission & Drive Train RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-29-2019, 07:00 PM   #1
Seroqu15

Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
PLEASE HELP! Trans won't go into gear when on.

I changed the master and the slave and bled the system real good. I push the clutch pedal to the floor and it engages the master to push on the fork on the trans. All the gears engage when the car is off. When the car is on, I push the clutch pedal down, the master engages and pushes the fork strong as it should but the trans won't go into any gears, try to force the shifter in and trans just grinds. If I try pushing the shifter into 1st, the car will slowly role foward. I turn the car on with it in gear and clutch pedal to the floor and it jerks foward like I'm not pushing the clutch pedal in. Back story is I was doing a pull on the highway and clutch pedal went to the floor and never came back up. Found that the master was blown, changed it, then later found the slave was blown too and changed it. Both times I bled it good. That night I was able to get the car in gear and get it home. Also, I never smelt any burning of the clutch so I know it can't be that.
The only option I have left is to drop the trans because Idk any other options what to do. I think the fork is broken in the trans but Idk. Any ideas please???? Car has been in the garage for almost a year, it runs but also has a fuel issue that started while the car was sitting in the garage the first couple weeks but I'll ave that for another thread.
Seroqu15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I dont think your clutch is disengaging by the description.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
Seroqu15

Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Seroqu15 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So basically the clutch isn't letting the trans go into gear. Sounds like I def gotta drop the trans. Damn this sucks, I don't have money for a shop so I'm gonna have to do it myself.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
It's more time consuming than hard. Keep track of the bolts and make sure all is working perfect outside the transmission before you begin.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #5
Seroqu15

Before I go taking it out the trans, if the clutch isn't disengaging you think starting the car in gear a couple times will do anything, maybe rocking the car if maybe the clutch is stuck, or putting it on jack stands and starting it in gear? Will this do more harm then good?
Old 04-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
UndutifulTomb87

UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Try replacing the tranny fluid maybe that will help. Also there is a little thing called a shift arm that actually puts the car into the gear you are selecting.
UndutifulTomb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:27 AM   #7
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seroqu15 View Post
Before I go taking it out the trans, if the clutch isn't disengaging you think starting the car in gear a couple times will do anything, maybe rocking the car if maybe the clutch is stuck, or putting it on jack stands and starting it in gear? Will this do more harm then good?
I'm not sure what you will learn/gain by doing that, but if you do, definitely do it in the air. Otherwise you will lurch/launch and possibly hit something, and then stall the car whenever you go to stop again. I don't think it will fix it, if that's what you're asking
Old 04-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
UndutifulTomb87

UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx UndutifulTomb87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Shift selector and shift arm check for damage
UndutifulTomb87 is offline   Reply With Quote