New S2000 owner by accident(s) - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > OTHER CARS > Honda S2000
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-26-2014, 04:38 AM   #1
Capt AWESOME
All I do is win -_-

Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
New S2000 owner by accident(s)

Well for those that don't know, the EVO met with an unfortunate fate...broken ring land on cylinder one. It was putting out around 380whp (according to VD) at the time that it died. I shipped it out to Evolution Dynamics in Dallas for the repairs. I've been going to Kevin D since the first EVO waaayyyy back in 2006. The motor has to be rebuilt to the tune of $5600, but will be able to hold up to 600whp when it's done. That said, the built 6 speed I have in it is only good for 450-500whp or so, so I'm not getting greedy. Plans are to just max out the current mods, and stock turbo and try to shoot for 415-450whp (if I can get it that high).

Now here comes the funny part. I sold my 335 around a year ago, so It's just been me and the EVO living the single car family life. It's been wonderful, until this happened. I was trying hard to remain a single car family, so my parents let me use their extra vehicle, my mom's 2003 Honda Element with roughly 65k miles on it. It was still in showroom condition. My car died the saturday night after new years, and got shipped out the following friday. I got my mom's car the same day. That sunday night on my way home from walk-ons on burbank, a deer decided that this world was just too cruel to live in any longer. He waited until I was almost past, and wouldn't have time to stop and then dove out directly into my path middle hooves to the world screaming "**** the police!!!" Well, I hit the bastard doing about 35-40ish. He proceeded to slide about 30 feet, got some pretty good road rash, then I guess being that close to death made him remember the joys of being alive. He stood up, thanked me for the lesson by flipping me off one more time, then pranced away into the woods. I was able to drive the car home front end hanging, and fender flapping in the wind. That made the fact that today they decided to total it all the more shocking.

So without a car to drive, I was forced into the rental car business. I found the cheapest weekly rates at Hertz, and reserved a 2013 Ford Focus. Naturally when I showed up they set me up in the exact car I asked for. A brand spanking new 2014 doo doo brown Hyundai Elantra that somehow smelled like two hobos had sex in it while frying eggs. Now I know what you're thinking, "Where the **** did the hobos plug in a hot plate?" I don't know, but they obviously found a way. Resourceful bunch, I'll give them that.

Scrambling to find something that didn't smell like post-hobo-sex brunch, I had to find another car to drive until the EVO gets back. The estimate on the time due to the machine shop is 2-4 months. Renting a car per month can run anywhere from $700-800 so the best idea right now was to buy another car. I had found the perfect car, but after negotiating the price, and getting the financing secured, the dealership decided to sell it right out from under me because they hadn't met their "We are huge dicks" quota for 2013 and wanted to make sure they came out of the gate running in 2014. I applaud the commitment to their craft. We should all be so dedicated.

Anywho, I did manage to find a car that I think will be perfect for my needs. It's this pretty gray thing right here.

2005 S2000. 70,188 miles, clean carfax, full service history from the 2 owners who each put less than 8000 miles a year on the car. It will be on its way here from the dealership in Ohio on Monday. Hopefully I'll get it by the middle of next week. The first mod has already been ordered. Clarion CZ302 to replace the factory deck because I gotta have my bluetooth. I have a Clarion CZ500 in the EVO for the same reason. The only other planned mods will be window tint, and Backyard Special low seat rails because at 6'4" 215lbs, the S2000 wasn't exactly designed with me in mind. Thankfully the AP2's are big enough for me to squeeze into, and slide out of in a less than dignified manner.
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 04:40 AM   #2
Capt AWESOME
All I do is win -_-

Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Capt AWESOME is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Figured I'd post a few pics of my recent past cars.
First up 06 EVO IX MR. Bought it brand new in 05, sold it with 182,000 miles on it and 365whp. Autocrossed it religiously. These pics were taken at or around 175,000 miles.

I made the terrible mistake of selling it to buy this thing...2010 EVO X SE brand new in 2011.

Tried to rectify that mistake after two months by trading it on this. 2008 BMW 335i sport package, Nav, loaded out. I then added the wheels, tint, blacked out emblems, grills, OEM aero lip

I couldn't race it though, and I needed to autocross, and let's face it I just needed an EVO in my life so I found this. 06 EVO IX MR...Previous owner didn't take very good care of the car. I just put a built 6 speed in it, and had done a lot of modding, and preventative maintenance to ensure reliability, but the only question mark was the internal condition of the motor. The question was answered, and now the motor is getting a stage 1 rebuild good for 600whp, but the plan is to just max out the current mods and stock turbo and try to shoot for 415-450whp. Before it went down it was making 380whp.

Annnnnnd that brings me to where I am now, waiting on the S2000. As you can see, I like graphite gray vehicles. The only immediate plans for the S2000 are blacking out the windows, replacing the stereo with something with bluetooth (clarion CZ302 will be here next week), and getting lower seat rails to accommodate my 6'4" 215lbs of awesome.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
Cochino

Cochino is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
in for pics
Fast and cheap won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Fast and reliable won't be cheap.
Cochino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
Capt AWESOME
All I do is win -_-

Hopefully I'll have legit pics other than the dealership photos soon. Car should be here middle of the week.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #5
PerezType-S
Master Member

PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
In
PerezType-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #6
Capt AWESOME
All I do is win -_-

The car came in a day early, so I snapped a couple pics last night on the official first drive. It's as clean as it looked in the pics on the dealer's website. So far, so good.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
Cochino

Cochino is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
looks clean man

be sure to garage it or get a hardtop. thieves will GUT these cars
Fast and cheap won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Fast and reliable won't be cheap.
Cochino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:47 AM   #8
Capt AWESOME
All I do is win -_-

Yeah, it will be garaged at all times. I don't park my cars outside. Less for the thieves, and more for the sake of the car.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #9
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road
Now that u have had it for a few months what's ur review of the car. I've been battling the thoughts in my head to sell my boosted ep3 for an s2000. It would be such a huge downgrade as far as power. Currently 336whp. I just don't know how I feel about having an under powered vehicle again
superchargedk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
Loved your story...the imagery was great and I got a good laugh out of it.

How is the S2K holding up? They can be modded for a decent price and hold up very well in autocross. I hope to get FI for mine early next year with the SOS Stage 1 Supercharger kit for another 100hp or so.
Reckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:51 AM   #11
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckon View Post
Loved your story...the imagery was great and I got a good laugh out of it.

How is the S2K holding up? They can be modded for a decent price and hold up very well in autocross. I hope to get FI for mine early next year with the SOS Stage 1 Supercharger kit for another 100hp or so.
I was reading up on that kit . It's pricey but I hear it's worth every penny.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #12
Reckon
Ehhhh......

Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore Reckon Golden Rep Whore
It is pricey, but it is an all in one kit and new (don't have to worry about how it might have been abused by the previous owner like when you buy a used kit). SoS has been in the game a long time with the S2K as well, so definitely reliable and reputable.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:35 AM   #13
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

I think I'm taking the plunge on a s2k. I found a clean one 2003 with 13k miles on it!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #14
Reckon
Ehhhh......

^^Nice! Don't forget to look it over using this as a guideline:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7758...-a-used-s2000/
Old 07-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #15
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

Car was sold already. Yea I've been reading up on that post. How common is that retainer crack issue? I was looking at a 01 s2k with 50k on it. The price was right but they had no pics of the engine. They texted me some and motor was clean but as soon as I saw it had an intake I lost interest. I texted the salesman saying I don't want a modified one. Then he lied saying it wasn't modified. Then I was completely done with that dealer

Last edited by superchargedk20; 07-01-2014 at 03:34 PM..
Old 07-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #16
Reckon
Ehhhh......

The cracked retainers shouldn't be too common, especially since its usualy an overrev issue.

Sucks about the S.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #17
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

I was looking at this one . But this is the modfied one they clearly lied about. I also noticed that those pics were taken sometime in winter and it's now July and they still have it
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...65267720&Log=0
Old 07-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #18
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

I'm now the proud owner of an 2001 yellow s2000!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #19
InitialDougie
maison ikkoku ftw

InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InitialDougie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AWESOME View Post
...and Backyard Special low seat rails because at 6'4" 215lbs, the S2000 wasn't exactly designed with me in mind. Thankfully the AP2's are big enough for me to squeeze into, and slide out of in a less than dignified manner.
did you ever get the BYS rails for your AP2? I would love to find some too, can you point me in the right direction?
InitialDougie is offline   Reply With Quote