Rsx Tranny Problem - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Transmission & Drive Train RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
Wade808

Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Rsx Tranny Problem

Hello I have a base model 2002 rsx and when the motor gets to a higher rpm it will not shift any help would be greatly appreciated?
Wade808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
dopeyrsx

dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dopeyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Auto or manny?
dopeyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #3
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
replace your synchros
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
Mikeman711

Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Don’t listen to this dude above me black rooster all he is is a troll ! And if it’s a manual check your master and slave cylinder for leaking if they leaking start with that it also could be your linkige or even low clutch fluid also before tearing apart transmission try replacing transmission fluid with synchromesh transmission fluid I have heard wonders If all else fails have a shop check before you tear apart a transmission that does not need it that’s alwars the last step you take
Mikeman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #5
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman711 View Post
Donít listen to this dude above me black rooster all he is is a troll ! And if itís a manual check your master and slave cylinder for leaking if they leaking start with that it also could be your linkige or even low clutch fluid also before tearing apart transmission try replacing transmission fluid with synchromesh transmission fluid I have heard wonders If all else fails have a shop check before you tear apart a transmission that does not need it thatís alwars the last step you take
Not sure how I was a troll to you.

I had the same issue with my 2011 SI. It was my synchros. I post based on my experiences to help.

Not sure why you would dismiss my post like that.
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrooster808 View Post
Not sure how I was a troll to you.

I had the same issue with my 2011 SI. It was my synchros. I post based on my experiences to help.

Not sure why you would dismiss my post like that.
It would be best if we waited for the TS to specify what tranny he has. If homie has an auto for example, he'd be frantically scouring the internet trying to find synchros for his trans that don't exist lol
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
Mikeman711

Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Your telling him that if he fixed the synchros thatbit will
Fix it that’s bad mechanics you always go to cheapest to more expensive before tearing shit apart it’s simple yes you might be right but it’s not the right answer to first start off with !
Mikeman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:48 PM   #8
Wade808

Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wade808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Manual and I have tried replacing master and slave still at high rpm above 3 rd tranny just seems give out???
Old 01-19-2019, 09:49 PM   #9
Wade808

Manual