Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 45 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #1101
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Well, after 334000 KM, the CMC finally died, 2 of the 3 bolts that hold the
triangular plate broke and fluid leaked out.
Luckily, i have a 05 civic CMC on standby. slight mod to the exit nut that screws the
hard line into and it worked.

The week before that, the cooling fan/Denso unit came off the center metal piece and
punch a hole in the rad. Had to limp home and ordered a replacement. Rad also have
the same millage as above. if I would have detected the fan earlier, my OE denso
rad can probably go another 300000 KM. LOL
Original OEM? That's impressive. I've replaced my CMC and CSC about 6-7 years ago now (~130,000 miles). Also replaced my OEM radiator a few years back with a mishimoto.

You got some miles on your car! How's the blower holding up? I need to service mine in the very near future.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #1102
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
Sad day today. Time to winterize the old RSX an tuck her away in her climate control winter home.
Nice. I thankfully don't have to worry about that in FL.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #1103
crackerjack
+ Displacement

crackerjack is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Yeah, both are original as in when the car rolled out of Acura.

Blower is chumming along. I changed out blower oil at around 200000KM with GM supercharger oil.

car currently have 334000 km for body and engine at 85000km. I do a lot preventive maintenance with the car like new grease for the rear wheel bearing, hall effect TPS, E-brake cable boot maintenance...etc

I am in the process of putting parts together for a Twin charge setup slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Original OEM? That's impressive. I've replaced my CMC and CSC about 6-7 years ago now (~130,000 miles). Also replaced my OEM radiator a few years back with a mishimoto.

You got some miles on your car! How's the blower holding up? I need to service mine in the very near future.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #1104
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, both are original as in when the car rolled out of Acura.

Blower is chumming along. I changed out blower oil at around 200000KM with GM supercharger oil.

car currently have 334000 km for body and engine at 85000km. I do a lot preventive maintenance with the car like new grease for the rear wheel bearing, hall effect TPS, E-brake cable boot maintenance...etc

I am in the process of putting parts together for a Twin charge setup slowly.
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/fistbump.gif[/IMG]

Quote:

Nice! Only a oil change to the blower. As I got my JRSC used in 2011, I'm not sure how many miles was on it before. I was told 20,000 miles. I've since put about about another 30-40,000 miles on it. I was thinking to do a rebuild for safety measures with new bearings, seals, and oil change. Nothing fancy, just the essentials.

My RSX needs some TLC. Engine is in great shape, but rest of the body and suspension needs attention.

Also, twin charge would be great!!! Going 1320, 1900, or bigger????

Last edited by nats007; 11-19-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Old 11-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #1105
crackerjack
+ Displacement

Quote:
Nice! Only a oil change to the blower. As I got my JRSC used in 2011, I'm not sure how many miles was on it before. I was told 20,000 miles. I've since put about about another 30-40,000 miles on it. I was thinking to do a rebuild for safety measures with new bearings, seals, and oil change. Nothing fancy, just the essentials.

My RSX needs some TLC. Engine is in great shape, but rest of the body and suspension needs attention.

My blower was bought new in 2006. Only had oil change on it. I think what saves the bearing is the auto tensioner from CT after they become employee owned.

I am thinking of doing Twin charge with a Turbo. Since I have the aftercooler, I only need a sidewinder header, Turbo and plumbing. Redo the engine wiring and heat shield for the firewall.
My only concern is how fast would it chew through the clutch before changing.
Since its a daily driver, I not comfortable with 4 or 6 puck clutch in Rush hour traffic.

twin disc is great but I hear people say that you can hear the clutch rattle when the car idle.

something to think about I guess.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #1106
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

My blower was bought new in 2006. Only had oil change on it. I think what saves the bearing is the auto tensioner from CT after they become employee owned.

I am thinking of doing Twin charge with a Turbo. Since I have the aftercooler, I only need a sidewinder header, Turbo and plumbing. Redo the engine wiring and heat shield for the firewall.
My only concern is how fast would it chew through the clutch before changing.
Since its a daily driver, I not comfortable with 4 or 6 puck clutch in Rush hour traffic.

twin disc is great but I hear people say that you can hear the clutch rattle when the car idle.

something to think about I guess.
Oh... I read twin-screw... But you meant twin charged! That would be epic. There was a K20 twin charged lotus build on here years back. Definitely, keep us posted on your progress Sir.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #1107
crackerjack
+ Displacement

Quote:
Oh... I read twin-screw... But you meant twin charged! That would be epic. There was a K20 twin charged lotus build on here years back. Definitely, keep us posted on your progress Sir.
Yeah, that was built by Scuffers. I was following that and said to myself one day I am going to do that to a RSX.

No need for ball bearing Turbo, just a regular big ass Turbo with an External wastegate that activate at 7 PSI. I would have 15 PSI of boost and the car will be scarry fast with no lag.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:31 PM   #1108
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that was built by Scuffers. I was following that and said to myself one day I am going to do that to a RSX.

No need for ball bearing Turbo, just a regular big ass Turbo with an External wastegate that activate at 7 PSI. I would have 15 PSI of boost and the car will be scarry fast with no lag.
That's badass Sir! Definitely keep us posted! I had my RSX out earlier and open it up and can't even imagine being twin-charged. It will be ridiculous
Old 12-14-2018, 11:56 PM   #1109
PiNOYiLLEST

PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hey guys, i recently acquired a ct engineering supercharger kit for my rsx. I am missing some important pieces such as the alternator relocation bracket as well as the manifold support bracket for the blower. Does anyone have any ideas how i can get a hold of these things, or if anyone currently running the kit get those cnc fabricated, i would compensate. thank you
PiNOYiLLEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:42 AM   #1110
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNOYiLLEST View Post
hey guys, i recently acquired a ct engineering supercharger kit for my rsx. I am missing some important pieces such as the alternator relocation bracket as well as the manifold support bracket for the blower. Does anyone have any ideas how i can get a hold of these things, or if anyone currently running the kit get those cnc fabricated, i would compensate. thank you
You might get lucky finding one on this forum, but you may want to try reaching out to CTE (heads up - they’re in a new ownership transition).
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #1111
PiNOYiLLEST

PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PiNOYiLLEST is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
You might get lucky finding one on this forum, but you may want to try reaching out to CTE (heads up - theyíre in a new ownership transition).
Thanks i've sent them an email as well. I got an email from tony@mercracing this morning, i wouldn't need anything else with their bracket. So thats one thing off the list, if worse comes to worse i"ll "ghetto" rig a bracket to the blower.
PiNOYiLLEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:04 PM   #1112
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Pay attention to belt alignment and tension - especially if you plan to use a 3Ē pulley, and pushing rpms to 6800.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:55 PM   #1113
orangeS

orangeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Anyone looking for a Mercracing TVS1900 kit? I have a brand new one for $4500 if interested.
orangeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:18 AM   #1114
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Happy New year Gents....

Quick question... background first. The past 2 times I drove the RSX, I've had a few brief issues where I could not get into 1st gear. Today, I was stopped and the car would not go into gear. I tried 1st a couple times, and then reverse. The car grinded to get into reverse. It finally went into reverse and then I attempted 1st, no go, tried 2nd and it hesitated, but finally went it. I then tried to shift into first, and when it went into 1st, the car stalled. The whole time, I had the clutch was pressed fully to the floor.

I turned the car completely off, car back in neutral and restarted the car. Attempted 1st gear again and car stalled, but I slipped into neutral before it cut off. I was able to shift into 2nd gear to move off. I ended up driving using home 2nd (to move from stop lights) thru 6th gears. After 15 mins, I was able to use 1st gear again, and car shifted fine.

So, to the question. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking my CMC and CSC may be failing. I installed a new Exedy stage 1 organic clutch with my k24 swap and my previous CC stage 1.5 clutch had plenty of life left. The CMC does not show any leaks, and I didn't see any by the CSC. Will inspect both today. I'm hoping the clutch hasn't failed...
Old 01-03-2019, 11:06 PM   #1115
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
Happy New Year! Is the clutch dragging just a hair? Did the situation become less of an issue as transmission got up to temperature?
Old 01-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #1116
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Happy New Year! Is the clutch dragging just a hair? Did the situation become less of an issue as transmission got up to temperature?
No dragging on the clutch. Issue is sporadic at best. Car was fully warmed up when it happened both times. I think the CSC is showing signs of failing after discussing the issue with my pops. I moved the car today and it shifted with zero issues into all gears.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:31 PM   #1117
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
So, took the RSX to work today. As I was driving home, lost pressure in the clutch and couldn't go into gear. I pumped the clutch pedal to rebuild pressure. This tells me CMC is failing. Currently running OEM (second one after 1st one failed), but recall I should get the 01-04 Civic CMC as it was a better design. Been a while and need to do some homework.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #1118
Dad
Master Member

Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Dad must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
So, took the RSX to work today. As I was driving home, lost pressure in the clutch and couldn't go into gear. I pumped the clutch pedal to rebuild pressure. This tells me CMC is failing. Currently running OEM (second one after 1st one failed), but recall I should get the 01-04 Civic CMC as it was a better design. Been a while and need to do some homework.
I was just about to suggest this. Sounds like they are both on their way out

Everyones Favorite Brit

My WTB Thread
Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #1119
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Quote:
I was just about to suggest this. Sounds like they are both on their way out
Yessir. Thinking about replacing both. Going with an '01 Civic Si Exedy CMC and '02 RSX Exedy CSC.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #1120
crackerjack
+ Displacement

Quote:
Yessir. Thinking about replacing both. Going with an '01 Civic Si Exedy CMC and '02 RSX Exedy CSC.

I just saw your initial post. It is definately the CMC failed. I had the exact same problem and mine happened at a stop sign.

the 01 to 05 civic CMC is the way to go. Just make sure you keep the original CMC as the steel line where the fluids goes out needs to be swap from the original unit.

I got mine from a wrecking yard, its from a 05 civic and so far its solid.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:22 AM   #1121
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

I just saw your initial post. It is definately the CMC failed. I had the exact same problem and mine happened at a stop sign.

the 01 to 05 civic CMC is the way to go. Just make sure you keep the original CMC as the steel line where the fluids goes out needs to be swap from the original unit.

I got mine from a wrecking yard, its from a 05 civic and so far its solid.
Awesome! Good to know... So all you replaced was the CMC. No need to change the CSC... I do not want to pull blower off if I don't have too lol
Old 01-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #1122
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
Toying with the idea of reinstalling the rear seat, rear sub speaker, spare tire, and jack/tool pack - just to make the car whole again.

Spare tire/wheel (28.6 lbs)
Stock jack (2.8 lbs)
Stock rear sub speaker (6.8 lbs)
Plastic interior trim on deck-lid (4.3 lbs)
Type S rear seat (28.0 lbs)
Total weight gain 70.5 lbs

Iíll will gain just under a 10th of a second in a quarter mile but the old RSX-S running on E85 will still outperform many of the newer hot hatches.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:21 PM   #1123
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Toying with the idea of reinstalling the rear seat, rear sub speaker, spare tire, and jack/tool pack - just to make the car whole again.

Spare tire/wheel (28.6 lbs)
Stock jack (2.8 lbs)
Stock rear sub speaker (6.8 lbs)
Plastic interior trim on deck-lid (4.3 lbs)
Type S rear seat (28.0 lbs)
Total weight gain 70.5 lbs

I’ll will gain just under a 10th of a second in a quarter mile but the old RSX-S running on E85 will still outperform many of the newer hot hatches.
Should be fine. I'm full interior still cause of my kids and need to be able to haul them as needed.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:07 PM   #1124
crackerjack
+ Displacement

Quote:
Awesome! Good to know... So all you replaced was the CMC. No need to change the CSC... I do not want to pull blower off if I don't have too lol
I changed my CSC about 7 years ago. If it is not leaking, don't change it.
You will probably have some brake fluid leaked down to the frame, just wash it
with water.

I bet 2 of the 3 bolts holding the triangular plate of the stock CMC snapped.

I have seen that on 3 occasion including mine.

It happens when your clutch padel stiffen up about 30%. I am using the new
Comp clutch 8090-sc-2600 ceramic clutch. This is probably the best full face
clutch on the market by far.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #1125
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
I changed my CSC about 7 years ago. If it is not leaking, don't change it.
You will probably have some brake fluid leaked down to the frame, just wash it
with water.

I bet 2 of the 3 bolts holding the triangular plate of the stock CMC snapped.

I have seen that on 3 occasion including mine.

It happens when your clutch padel stiffen up about 30%. I am using the new
Comp clutch 8090-sc-2600 ceramic clutch. This is probably the best full face
clutch on the market by far.
I changed the CSC once after the CMC failed the first time. Probably about 9 years ago. Will start with CMC and report back. I ran a CC stage 1.5 clutch and as of 2016, running an 08806 - EXEDY Racing Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit.